Check your account email address ×

Who is attacking ships in the gulf of Oman?

With us and the Saudis all positioned to attack the second Iran flinches someone is attacking ships in the gulf of Oman. Iran rescued all of the passengers so it seems unlikely that they attacked them. But of course the US says it is them ...

7:30 a.m.

Two oil tankers were reportedly attacked early Thursday in the Gulf of Oman, on one end of the strategic Strait or Hormuz, and the U.S. Navy has rushed a ship to assist the vessels, one of which is "on fire and adrift," according to maritime intelligence firm Dryad Global. Iran said it has rescued all 44 sailors from the two ships — 21 from the Panama-flagged, Singapore-owned Kokuka Courageous and 23 from the MT Front Altair, a Marshal Islands-flagged tanker owned by a Norwegian firm and chartered by Taiwan state oil refiner CPC Corp. — and transported all crew members safely to the Iranian port of Jask.

Embedded video

"What we know is that the ships, according to the captain of one of them, was struck by some sort of shell," reports @NicRobertsonCNN following reports that two oil tankers were attacked in the Gulf of Oman. http://cnn.it/2RcVZbH 

The cause of the explosions has not been confirmed, but one of the ships reported being hit by a shell. The incident comes amid high tensions between Iran on one hand and the U.S. and Saudi Arabia on the other. Last month, four oil tankers were attacked off the nearby Emirati port of Fujairah; the United Arab Emirates blamed a "state actor" for the limpet mine attack, the U.S. said the state actor was Iran, and Iran denies involvement.

Thursday's apparent attack happened as Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is in Tehran trying to lower tensions between Iran and the U.S., apparently with little success. Japan's Trade Ministry said one of the ships hit Thursday morning is carrying "Japan-related cargo." The timing of the incident prompted Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif to tweet, "Suspicious doesn't begin to describe what likely transpired this morning."

Two-thirds of the world's oil transported via ship passes through the Strait of Hormuz, and oil prices rose sharply Thursday morning. Peter Weber

• Platinum Contributing Member

At this point with Bolton having a chubby over war with Iran they will be blamed for everything...the truth more than likely will never be known.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Some of you guys should move there.  :lol: 

Oh, the place just sounds dreamy!  :lol: Iran is very westernized!  Their Ambassador just went on record to again to justify their "moral law" to execute gays.  It's really no wonder liberals here really like this whole mooozelum thing.  It sounds pretty cool to them!!!!  Unless of course, they aren't really sure what Sharia is about.  It could be that.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s such a peaceful region.  This is a real quandary.

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

awww poor iran

the victim...

sure

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I know!  They are so cosmopolitan!!!!  

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Some of you guys should move there.  :lol: 

The brilliance on display in the above posts is stunning...what any of them have to do with a false flag attack trying to goad The United States into war is beyond me but just wow!!!! :salute:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

The brilliance on display in the above posts is stunning...what any of them have to do with a false flag attack trying to goad The United States into war is beyond me but just wow!!!! :salute:

Proof?  

Or, is the opinion of the Iran apologists here just that much more valuable?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well there you have it.  The armchair general has spoken.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I know!  They are so cosmopolitan!!!!  

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

image.png.829857a6b1e10057ed3420b6e39a3d05.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

And how is Iran shitting on America? 

Good question...I’m sure Dopo will have a well thought out credible answer.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

no one wants a fucking war

but iran is not going to shit on us like they want to

You're so fucking dumb it's impossible to even consider. Just fucking dumb