Check your account email address ×

Electric Snowmobile, what do you think?

I still dont trust a big ticket purchase of electric over gas anything.....although Its clear the battery technology is getting better and better.  Assuming the batteries eventually shit out, my only real concern is the replacement cost of them.  If its like alotta cordless tools, and the cost is more than half of the tool itself, no thanks,  it might make a great trail sled for short rips , but still nothing for my kind of riding.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This thing will be a “throw away” like those mid size sleds or that “Blade” boondoggle.   Who is going to service this thing?  Oh yes...it’s electric and therefore....maintenance free!!!  :lmao:Let’s be honest, the kind of people buying this aren’t going to have more than a handful of tools in the kitchen drawer (most will be bike and kayak tools).

If somebody fronts the “starts at $15k” they’d better plan to keep it for a long time.  

Throw away, kinda like a used snox sled. Similar range too!

6 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Please enlighten me....

Clearly you need enlightening.  I just don’t have it in me right now.  

Maybe tomorrow.  First, please post all the wonderful benefits of being.Blade owner.  We can start there.

49 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Throw away, kinda like a used snox sled. Similar range too!

How can you figure that?  :lol:

You don’t think there’s more market for a used SX sled then there will be this e-sled?

:lol:

Fuck off.  :lol2:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Clearly you need enlightening.  I just don’t have it in me right now.  

Maybe tomorrow.  First, please post all the wonderful benefits of being.Blade owner.  We can start there.

Ok. Sounds like you know what your talking about.  Thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

This thing will be a “throw away” like those mid size sleds or that “Blade” boondoggle.   Who is going to service this thing?  Oh yes...it’s electric and therefore....maintenance free!!!  :lmao:Let’s be honest, the kind of people buying this aren’t going to have more than a handful of tools in the kitchen drawer (most will be bike and kayak tools).

If somebody fronts the “starts at $15k” they’d better plan to keep it for a long time.  

I don’t know, a 40something year old riding a snowx sled made for 20something year old is quite pathetic also. Appears to be a mid-life crisis......are you ok Zambozo? :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

I don’t know, a 40something year old riding a snowx sled made for 20something year old is quite pathetic also. Appears to be a mid-life crisis......are you ok Zambozo? :lol:

Why does it sound pathetic to you?  What do you ride?

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I still dont trust a big ticket purchase of electric over gas anything.....although Its clear the battery technology is getting better and better.  Assuming the batteries eventually shit out, my only real concern is the replacement cost of them.  If its like alotta cordless tools, and the cost is more than half of the tool itself, no thanks,  it might make a great trail sled for short rips , but still nothing for my kind of riding.

I have been riding a buds,electric big tire bike on his old dirt bike woods trail this summer a few times . he kicked out almost 7g for both of them but they are pretty amazing . and a big bonus is they are not banning them on the bike or off trail places in the nat and state parks . he has taken them to a few parks out west this summer with the kid . opens up a lot more places to go play . he still has the sxs and atv and yz but just another option . the sled deck on the 1ton  looked a bit homo when he came over with 2 bikes on it but fuck it 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have been riding a buds,electric big tire bike on his old dirt bike woods trail this summer a few times . he kicked out almost 7g for both of them but they are pretty amazing . and a big bonus is they are not banning them on the bike or off trail places in the nat and state parks . he has taken them to a few parks out west this summer with the kid . opens up a lot more places to go play . he still has the sxs and atv and yz but just another option . the sled deck on the 1ton  looked a bit homo when he came over with 2 bikes on it but fuck it 

What brand is it?  Ive seen a couple pretty intriguing options out there.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Perfect sled for Smales. :lmao:

55 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why does it sound pathetic to you?  What do you ride?

The only thing he rides is Packer Ding Dongs....when he isn't complaining about his Poo 800 that blew up 10 years ago.  :haha:

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The only thing he rides is Packer Ding Dongs....when he isn't complaining about his Poo 800 that blew up 10 years ago.  :haha:

Damn @snoughnut...this true, brah?  Ouch!

So here’s the deal, if you don’t have a sled or don’t ride a sled...you really should just kinda back away slowly from sled bashing conversations.  :lol:

I mean....come on!   :lmao:

49 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Damn @snoughnut...this true, brah?  Ouch!

So here’s the deal, if you don’t have a sled or don’t ride a sled...you really should just kinda back away slowly from sled bashing conversations.  :lol:

I mean....come on!   :lmao:

Nah, I don’t need to own a sled to point out the fact that your old Geritol guzzling ass doesn’t belong on a snowx sled. They don’t put old, fat men on a purebred race horse now do they? :lol:Imagine if your sled had feelings, it must be pretty disappointed. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

What brand is it?  Ive seen a couple pretty intriguing options out there.

some goofy thing like rambo 1000 or comando1000  or some  shit . the rep lives in MN or they are built here or somthing along those lines  . I guess there is some wattage regulation with the bikes to be legal on the streets or some thing having to do with you can have more if you peddle but less with electric only ? these have a bypass they will do a ez 25 off road with zero human power added .they also have a extra battery like the ones on the rental segway scooters on the neck  . I took one down a sled trail from his place to mine that takes like 35 min + on sled . then back to his place still had 20% battery left I would guess 1.5 hrs run time on that trip mostly flat class 5 a bit of packed grass/dirt twin track woods trail .

now would I spend 3500 bucks on one um no but if I had trails like he has our his back door deff possibility 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Nah, I don’t need to own a sled to point out the fact that your old Geritol guzzling ass doesn’t belong on a snowx sled. They don’t put old, fat men on a purebred race horse now do they? :lol:Imagine if your sled had feelings, it must be pretty disappointed. :lol:

SO THEN!!!! You don’t own or ride but, my choice of a sled I own and ride pisses you off?  Are you a kayaker?  :lol:

Hey fuck stick...how much performance difference is there between a racer and a consumer sled?

Don’t worry about me or my riding skills.  I may not be what I once was but I can still give that fucker hell....just not for as long.

I’d say we should ride together sometime but, kayaks aren’t allowed on the trails here so....

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

they have a seniors class at the local snow x park  for dad's to race. some of these guys still hit it real hard .same with hill climb some of those north of 45 guys still hit her real hard . I sure shit am not clearing driveways any more let alone clearing a tabletop on a snow x track but then I still have to go to work 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

they have a seniors class at the local snow x park  for dad's to race. some of these guys still hit it real hard .same with hill climb some of those north of 45 guys still hit her real hard . I sure shit am not clearing driveways any more let alone clearing a tabletop on a snow x track but then I still have to go to work 

ERX?  Yeah.  My ex-SX riding buddy races there.  I’ll line up with him this season a time or two.  Old guys can still pound it, just takes a lot more time to recover.  I rarely ride two days in a row anymore.  Ouchy.

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Stop getting serious, I’m just trying to give Zambozo a hard time, I think he’s getting a little butthurt, just look at his last post. :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

ERX?  Yeah.  My ex-SX riding buddy races there.  I’ll line up with him this season a time or two.  Old guys can still pound it, just takes a lot more time to recover.  I rarely ride two days in a row anymore.  Ouchy.

yeah . my buds with kids who still race all go get there asses kicked a few times a season.  usually after a few bravery shots in the trailer lol . 

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

SO THEN!!!! You don’t own or ride but, my choice of a sled I own and ride pisses you off?  Are you a kayaker?  :lol:

Hey fuck stick...how much performance difference is there between a racer and a consumer sled?

Don’t worry about me or my riding skills.  I may not be what I once was but I can still give that fucker hell....just not for as long.

I’d say we should ride together sometime but, kayaks aren’t allowed on the trails here so....

When you get called a fuck stick..........Mission Accomplished!!!! :lol:

Just now, Ez ryder said:

yeah . my buds with kids who still race all go get there asses kicked a few times a season.  usually after a few bravery shots in the trailer lol . 

Yeah, we just aren’t as flexible anymore.  I can fuck around a case a god damn jump hard now and it can send me limping home.    :lmao: 

I was retarded last season and misread a landing.  Almost went over the bars.  Buddy said he saw the whole underside of my track from behind.  I thought I broke my god damn wrist.  Took a left and went home.  We were 10 minutes into the ride.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, we just aren’t as flexible anymore.  I can fuck around a case a god damn jump hard now and it can send me limping home.    :lmao: 

I was retarded last season and misread a landing.  Almost went over the bars.  Buddy said he saw the whole underside of my track from behind.  I thought I broke my god damn wrist.  Took a left and went home.  We were 10 minutes into the ride.

it is getting sad watching all the bracing go on when we are gearing up in the morning .lol the sound of Velcro filles the air