Check your account email address ×

Some younger workers not happy with aged graying workplace.

My oldest sister will be retiring from higher education this year, she has worked very hard to improve herself over the years to climb the ladder. She states with her pension + s.s. + investments her income will increase per month, plus never ever to be seen again gold plated health care. What was I thinking ?    :bashhead:

it's not a good thing,  keeps many of hem from advancing and then it also takes away jobs on the lower end after seniors get PT jobs that once went to the young.  I get it from an employers perspective,  far less issues dealing with 60-70 year old part time employees who have nothing else to do and young ones with jobs and activities 

• Like 1

Well, that and the 40 + crowd doesn’t view a job as a hobby.  If young dedicated hard working  people were coming into the work force in droves, management couldn’t kick all these old folks to the curb fast enough.  

My  wife just received a bunch of new hires,  it is a joke what some consider reasonable work behavior.  One girl went on 15 break between cases, figured she done enough for the day . So, she drove on home without saying anything.  Another one called to say she would be late and didn’t bother to show until next day.  College educated people,  first week. 

Edited by Cold War

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Well, that and the 40 + crowd doesn’t view a job as a hobby.  If young dedicated hard working  people were coming into the work force in droves, management couldn’t kick all these old folks to the curb fast enough.  

My  wife just received a bunch of new hires,  it is a joke what some consider reasonable work behavior.  One girl went on 15 break between cases, figured she done enough for the day . So, she drove on home without saying anything.  Another one called to say she would be late and didn’t bother to show until next day.  College educated people,  first week. 

Union government protected behavior.

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sounds like a big blame game. There’s plenty of jobs for everyone. There’s both old and young shit heads. I worked with mostly younger people. Never had an issue either way. 

Wow, very interesting statement coming from someone who self proclaimed, doesn't need money, yet may actually double dip taking a job from someone younger......good stuff.

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think there is truth in the statement that some younger workers lack the work ethic of older workers...absolutely.

Absolutely!   Participation trophies don't reward hard work.

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

You want work ethic hire immigrants. 

Sure if all you need is some dummy willing to suck in asbestos all day. if you want intelligent people avoid the mexicans, they are pretty much brain dead walking zombies.

2 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Sure if all you need is some dummy willing to suck in asbestos all day. if you want intelligent people avoid the mexicans, they are pretty much brain dead walking zombies.

You couldn't be more wrong, most young engineers are Indian, Arab and Chinese. Labor there is no substitute for Hispanics. They will work circles around everyone else. You're a turd. 

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

You couldn't be more wrong, most young engineers are Indian, Arab and Chinese. Labor there is no substitute for Hispanics. They will work circles around everyone else. You're a turd. 

Only because they work for half the going rate. idiot.

5 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Only because they work for half the going rate. idiot.

No faggot they are coming over here and being educated at the top schools. You don't know a fucking thing about anything but sucking guys dicks. 

11 minutes ago, SSFB said:

If you’re blaming your success or lack of on somebody else then you’re a loser. 

I don't think that's the point there used to be a regular turnover of employees based on age and retirement which is not happening anymore for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

Coming from an early 60 something my thing is that I like to work and I'm able to do it pretty well because of my experience and willingness to not just drop the ball in someone else's lap but to achieve the goal. I can mentally work circles around MOST millennials.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SSFB said:

If you’re blaming your success or lack of on somebody else then you’re a loser. 

A huge fucking loser who cries on the internet all day not providing their employer with the value they are paying for!!!!111 big time fucking loser!!!!111

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

This is the absolute truth. A dollar means a shit ton more to the Mexicans than some white homey who grew up in burbsville drinking monsters.

• Like 2

Just now, Skidude600 said:

This is the absolute truth. A dollar means a shit ton more to the Mexicans than some white homey who grew up in burbsville drinking monsters.

When I got my first Hispanic crew it was a game changer. Hard workers, great attitudes, don't complain (as much as others) good family men. I'd hire all Hispanics if I could but the language thing is an issue and they aren't very good at reading blueprints. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

When I got my first Hispanic crew it was a game changer. Hard workers, great attitudes, don't complain (as much as others) good family men. I'd hire all Hispanics if I could but the language thing is an issue and they aren't very good at reading blueprints. :lol:

:lol: