Check your account email address ×

D Day 75th Anniversary

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Says you.  Fucking idiot.

Cheney was a great American and there absolutely were wmds in Iraq :lol:

Jeff Sessions , real law and order guy and the market is going to 30k :lol:

2012 Cat turbo was an amazing machine , mind blowing speed and reliability 

• Haha 2

I spent many hours with a Normandy Beach vet who's job was to open the gate on a landing craft. He spent 2 days ferrying GI's to the beach. All of 17 years old. Had a guy that fought on Iwo Jima, another who was a Merchant Marine who did the North Sea route. Nondescript hero's who asked nothing of me or their peers. Anywho, so I ask some 20 somethings about D-Day and get blank stares and basically IDGAF's from them. This is whats wrong with our country today. No pride or appreciation for what their forefathers have done. I blame the education system in part because the curriculum doesn't want to teach this type of history. It's all about identity issues today. We're losing those great hero's identities folks!

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I spent many hours with a Normandy Beach vet who's job was to open the gate on a landing craft. He spent 2 days ferrying GI's to the beach. All of 17 years old. Had a guy that fought on Iwo Jima, another who was a Merchant Marine who did the North Sea route. Nondescript hero's who asked nothing of me or their peers. Anywho, so I ask some 20 somethings about D-Day and get blank stares and basically IDGAF's from them. This is whats wrong with our country today. No pride or appreciation for what their forefathers have done. I blame the education system in part because the curriculum doesn't want to teach this type of history. It's all about identity issues today. We're losing those great hero's identities folks!

lets also face the fact that my gen (x) was the last that was actually around large numbers of these people.  hell my sons a history minor in college and has probably never spoken to a WW2 vet as there are so few left where i spent hours with my grandfather and his WW2 buddies he would go and visit when we traveled.    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

lets also face the fact that my gen (x) was the last that was actually around large numbers of these people.  hell my sons a history minor in college and has probably never spoken to a WW2 vet as there are so few left where i spent hours with my grandfather and his WW2 buddies he would go and visit when we traveled.    

Good point. I am a very lucky man to have known these gentlemen. Regular Joe's who did extra ordinary things out of sense of duty and true patriotism. Pretty soon they'll be none left.

Edited by J. Jackson

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/6/2019 at 5:56 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

IMG_4803.JPG.523b27cbf2ec803fb712d251dfb46c86.JPG

Watched a show on D-Day last night and when Eisenhower was talking with paratroopers before they were loading on planes he was told 8 in 10 would not survive the operation.   Imagine that.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Watched a show on D-Day last night and when Eisenhower was talking with paratroopers before they were loading on planes he was told 8 in 10 would not survive the operation.   Imagine that.  

That would give Bolton a case of priapism so bad he would need to be hospitalized