Check your account email address ×

FCA merger

• Platinum Contributing Member

Seems like it's been a long time coming with all the rumors about FCA buyouts etc, but it seems Chrysler will now be French / Italian with the merger of Renault.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2019/05/27/fca-renault-merger-announced/1246855001/

Edited by Skidooski

The Eagle Talon TSI was pretty cool car. There were 6 of us pilled in racing to MSU and I still hit 135 on the way there. Almost clipped 100mph in the Windsor tunnel coming back from a night of drinking. The 304 AMC in my 77 CJ5 lasted longer then the frame did. :lol: 

At any rate this will interesting to see play out. Seems as though Renault has been scared to market here

30 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

The Eagle Talon TSI was pretty cool car. There were 6 of us pilled in racing to MSU and I still hit 135 on the way there. Almost clipped 100mph in the Windsor tunnel coming back from a night of drinking. The 304 AMC in my 77 CJ5 lasted longer then the frame did. :lol: 

At any rate this will interesting to see play out. Seems as though Renault has been scared to market here

I was working at Masco Tech in Auburn Hills. Off Brown Road right by The Palace and ABB, back in '96-'97 (which changed to MSX International). I was on the Buick side and on the other side of the wall was Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge , etc. (there literally was a wall separating GM side and Chrysler) I was going to order an Eagle Talon TSI, but I knew one of the guys who worked on the Chrysler side and he told me what a pile of shit they were (which they were) and not to order one.  Ordered a '97 Dodge Dakota, like the one below instead. Only mine was white. 

97_dodge_dakota_4x4_club_cab.jpg_cf.jpg.d1ebd1cf564b7986db315e4848a8ad4a.jpg

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

That was a mitsu not a renault 

Shitsubishi 

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I was working at Masco Tech in Auburn Hills. Off Brown Road right by The Palace and ABB, back in '96-'97 (which changed to MSX International). I was on the Buick side and on the other side of the wall was Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge , etc. (there literally was a wall separating GM side and Chrysler) I was going to order an Eagle Talon TSI, but I knew one of the guys who worked on the Chrysler side and he told me what a pile of shit they were (which they were) and not to order one.  Ordered a '97 Dodge Dakota, like the one below instead. Only mine was white. 

Shitsubishi 

The Eagle talon was part of the DSM plant in Normal IL. Back then the dealer I worked at got two of the first cars in late 1988 and since the car was considered a 1990 model year car it could not be sold or even driven off the lot for 6 months.

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Shitsubishi 

All wheel drive turbo car sure was fun to drive though. It cut through snow pretty good too for a low car. I got the backend loose on Orion Road after leaving a party in Detroit and tapped the guardrail....after that my buddy never let me drive it again. That and they got his plates after we did a beer run. Two weeks later he had a Wrangler  :lol: 

Ram should bring back the Dakota since GM has the Colorado / Canyon that sell well and Ford has the Ranger again. My 05' Dakota took a brutal beating in Utah and it held together ok except for the trans. My cousin had one like your that ran into the ground after a shit ton of miles and a 50/50 mix of dirt and pavement

9 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

The idea behind the Eagle was great (AWD car), but the execution was really bad. Those things were garbage.

I worked in that same area about the same time right off Hamlin road by Squirrel Road in Auburn Hills. 

47 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The idea behind the Eagle was great (AWD car), but the execution was really bad. Those things were garbage.

I worked in that same area about the same time right off Hamlin road by Squirrel Road in Auburn Hills. 

Same here :bc:

14 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

The Eagle talon was part of the DSM plant in Normal IL. Back then the dealer I worked at got two of the first cars in late 1988 and since the car was considered a 1990 model year car it could not be sold or even driven off the lot for 6 months.

I'm glad I didn't get one.  It's a shame they were such junk because they were nice looking cars

14 hours ago, Skidooski said:

All wheel drive turbo car sure was fun to drive though. It cut through snow pretty good too for a low car.

I got the backend loose on Orion Road after leaving a party in Detroit and tapped the guardrail....after that my buddy never let me drive it again. That and they got his plates after we did a beer run. Two weeks later he had a Wrangler  :lol: 

Ram should bring back the Dakota since GM has the Colorado / Canyon that sell well and Ford has the Ranger again. My 05' Dakota took a brutal beating in Utah and it held together ok except for the trans. My cousin had one like your that ran into the ground after a shit ton of miles and a 50/50 mix of dirt and pavement

Loved my Dakota in the snow.   Ordered mine pretty much loaded. Only options I didn't get was the engine block heater or trailer tow package (which was just a receiver and wiring in those) Took care if that after I got it 

:lmao:

They're stupid if they don't bring back the Dakota.

14 hours ago, Edmo said:

Yep.  Another disappointment, was the Chrysler Conquest. Should have made those rwd and v8s like they were supposed to.  Same with the Dodge Daytona and the Labaron 2door. 

When Masco Tech became MSX International, we moved from Brown road to over by Reefer Peterbilt on Auburn and I-75. I didn't work there for long.  Got into it with one of my GM bosses from Buick and quit shortly after.  Went back to work for my buddy building houses.

13 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Same here :bc:

Where at?

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:42 AM, Skidooski said:

I had one too. AWD . Fun little car.

• Like 1

Friend of my old man love AMC Eagles from the early 80's.   Drives them to death from Iowa to his cabin near Ear Falls, Ontario.  

15 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I'm glad I didn't get one.  It's a shame they were such junk because they were nice looking cars

Loved my Dakota in the snow.   Ordered mine pretty much loaded. Only options I didn't get was the engine block heater or trailer tow package (which was just a receiver and wiring in those) Took care if that after I got it 

:lmao:

They're stupid if they don't bring back the Dakota.

Yep.  Another disappointment, was the Chrysler Conquest. Should have made those rwd and v8s like they were supposed to.  Same with the Dodge Daytona and the Labaron 2door. 

When Masco Tech became MSX International, we moved from Brown road to over by Reefer Peterbilt on Auburn and I-75. I didn't work there for long.  Got into it with one of my GM bosses from Buick and quit shortly after.  Went back to work for my buddy building houses.

Where at?

mom had the chrysler laser which was the Daytona twin in the mid 80's,  she never loved it and replaced it with a c4 vette.  she was looking at an rx7, 300z and somehow picked the laser

Edited by Angry ginger

I had a 1988 Lebaron Coupe....FWD and a 5 speed...I drove the fuck out of that car from Marquette to Zug Island in all kinds of weather. Never let me down. :ylsuper:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a 1988 Lebaron Coupe....FWD and a 5 speed...I drove the fuck out of that car from Marquette to Zug Island in all kinds of weather. Never let me down. :ylsuper:

Was that John Voight’s old car?

27 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

LOL, we had a neighbor that the wife drove a Le-Car and the husband drove a Yugo to work every day.

Quality taste in automobiles right there! 

• Haha 2