Check your account email address ×

And so it begins.

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

@AKIQPilot I just ordered OME rear shocks for my Cammander. Very few longer travel shock options for that Jeep. Bought them from my buddies local shop in Elk Grove. $220 for the pair. RRO is where I bought the lift and they were out of line with the shock price.

Old Man Emu.  I assume you with a stockish shock just longer?  $220 a pair is not a bad price for a decent gas shock.  I have the Rubicon Express shocks on my LJ.  They are kinda harsh and about worn out.  I will probably build some walkers for it this winter and throw them on.  

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yes, simple shock to service and like Greg said the bypass ports can be altered with banding.  I don't typically mess with the banding.  I tig weld the bypass ports closed and redrill them to the proper location and a more appropriate diameter port.  Polaris and Fox completely missed the boat with those shocks.  It was a good idea that had some promise but most customers hated the constant bottoming and they got a bad name right away.  Bypass ports were way to big and in the wrong location for aggressive bump riding.  Very few shock guys want to mess with them but they are easy to service.  

Brutal expensive. I saved the old one for you to do for me.

Fucking Sea Doo shock...

If you wanna PM me your addy, I;d like to send it to ya,....

Edited by Snake

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I remember the early fox units in the mid 90’s. They had horrible quality seals and o rings. I bought my first set from Carl’s cycle for an xlt sks. I think I paid $650 for all 4. They wanted $65 per shock for rebuilding/including shipping. That’s what got me interested in rebuilding. I found a good supplier for better seals and fluid. The shocks lasted 3-4x as long as from the factory. 

Almost all shocks in the early to mid 90's were complete junk except Ohlins.  When I get an old Fox monotube shock in I can almost guarantee that half the time the cap will be seized to the body.  I've learned to service those upside down, never even removing the cap, do all the work through the bottom.  I can even change the seals out and revalve without removing the cap.  It's extra work but the customer gets a shock that will last a couple thousand miles and that's usually all the sled has left in it anyway.  

Comet even made shocks for a while.  Total junk but expensive.  

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Brutal expensive. I saved the old one for you to do for me.

Fucking Sea Doo shock...

That Fox PPS is a Sea Doo shock?  If so I bet that would work great on a Sea Doo.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Yes old mans. I just need better clearance for logging roads. It will never be a off road rig. Follow my buds shop on FB, he is always selling take offs for cheap. I can help you with shipping or putting a set of eyes on something @AKIQPilothttp://www.attitudeperformance.com/

I just looked them up and liked their page on FB.  Looks like some nice Jeep Stuff.  

Are you in Arlington Heights?  My SIL is in Elk Grove Village.  All my nieces and nephews went to Arlington Heights HS.  I've been to AH hundreds of times.  You mentioned a good mexican food place there.  I need to try it next time we are there.  What was the name again.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

I just looked them up and liked their page on FB.  Looks like some nice Jeep Stuff.  

Are you in Arlington Heights?  My SIL is in Elk Grove Village.  All my nieces and nephews went to Arlington Heights HS.  I've been to AH hundreds of times.  You mentioned a good mexican food place there.  I need to try it next time we are there.  What was the name again.  

Woodtick lives on the southwest side of town. I live in AH and there’s all kinds of good Mexican food around here. 

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

II would shoot myself before living in gay Paris or London.  I have no desire to live in the country when we both work in the city.  I would also have a difficult time attracting talent being somewhere else.  It works for me, being on a 60x150 lots is a good size for here, and the homes just south of me on one acre lots go for more than your entire net worth plus daddies portion.  

You should just shoot yourself as a precaution. I was just using your logic of house pricing. Just because houses in Woodbridge are worth more doesn’t mean it’s worth living there. Then you have to lie and say the prices are high to keep out the riff raff. Yet you were dumb enough to say what you paid in an earlier thread. 

You are such a stupid liar. 

But I should be lucky to have found a site full of geniuses. 

You constantly pick the top 5 out of 120 fidelity funds, your wife even makes more than 98% of the people in CE.  Zambo can make $150,000.00 on one trade plus his in-depth knowledge of the traits of black people, now we have a guy that is top 1% of earners by rebuilding shocks with only a few grand investment. It’s fucking amazing.  

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You should just shoot yourself as a precaution. I was just using your logic of house pricing. Just because houses in Woodbridge are worth more doesn’t mean it’s worth living there. Then you have to lie and say the prices are high to keep out the riff raff. Yet you were dumb enough to say what you paid in an earlier thread. 

You are such a stupid liar. 

But I should be lucky to have found a site full of geniuses. 

You constantly pick the top 5 out of 120 fidelity funds, your wife even makes more than 98% of the people in CE.  Zambo can make $150,000.00 on one trade plus his in-depth knowledge of the traits of black people, now we have a guy that is top 1% of earners by rebuilding shocks with only a few grand investment. It’s fucking amazing.  

House prices have gone up, you know what they say are the three most important factors regarding real estate, location, location and location.

Its funny cause we paid the same for the cottage, but 10 years later yet its only gone up about 30% since then, yet the house has gone up 5 fold.  Doesn't matter cause I'm not selling.

I like where I live is all that matters to me and I bought at the bottom in an area that grew, that was good timing is all.

Also its 4 funds from Fidelity, the same ones, I don't change my story.  I have a knack for picking great products, its a gift, I know.

My wife makes more than you, sorry if that bothers you, is that 98% of the board?  Nobody took it literately except you.

13 minutes ago, STUMPY said:

You really see how fucked up barbiehands is when you dont see his posts for few months.

Flubby Dave is back.  Did Zambo the clown light the fat signal to ask for help?

• Haha 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

House prices have gone up, you know what they say are the three most important factors regarding real estate, location, location and location.  Exactly so, Paris and London are worth way more to they are better, except they are not because you said so. Location location location.

Its funny cause we paid the same for the cottage, but 10 years later yet its only gone up about 30% since then, yet the house has gone up 5 fold.  Doesn't matter cause I'm not selling.

I like where I live is all that matters to me and I bought at the bottom in an area that grew, that was good timing is all.

Also its 4 funds from Fidelity, the same ones, I don't change my story.  I have a knack for picking great products, its a gift, I know.

My wife makes more than you, sorry if that bothers you, is that 98% of the board?  Nobody took it literately except you.

I don't know, you claim that she makes more then 98% of the board and you make way more than her. 

So many cool stories. 

16 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Flubby Dave is back.  Did Zambo the clown light the fat signal to ask for help?

One thing ive noticed about you....you are definitely lacking somewhere in your life....hopefully its that you dont have any offspring....one could only hope thats what it is....poor children if you do....but I think ive hit the nail on the head.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STUMPY said:

I was in your neck of the woods for few weeks.

:bc:

No wonder the weather  been so shitty lately.  :lol: :bc: 

Edited by Kev144
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, STUMPY said:

One thing ive noticed about you....you are definitely lacking somewhere in your life....hopefully its that you dont have any offspring....one could only hope thats what it is....poor children if you do....but I think ive hit the nail on the head.

I have two smart, fit active and healthy adult children. 

They are awesome. We set a good example at an early age regarding healthy eating and exercise.   

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I have two smart, fit active and healthy adult children. 

They are awesome. We set a good example at an early age regarding healthy eating and exercise.   

So they didnt take after you....

Thank fuck for that.

Now we know why youre so pissed off at life.

My work is done here.

Edited by STUMPY
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have little desire to hang around Eurotrash.

Sorry if the truth hurts you.

Ahhhh, you are all about Truth now. 

"I paid 385 back in 97, it is what it is.  You couldn't afford an acre here."

"Hey its 2/10 of an acre :lol:and worth 1.5 million more than yours."

"Its funny cause we paid the same for the cottage, but 10 years later yet its only gone up about 30% since then, yet the house has gone up 5 fold. "

"I don't change my story."

5 x 385 = $1,925,000 Is that part true?

Or it is worth 2.7 million? 

Sure seems like your stock stories all over again. 

So sad. 

9 minutes ago, STUMPY said:

So they didnt take after you....

Thank fuck for that.

Now we know why youre so pissed of at life.

My work is done here.

Why so angry Dave?  

Zambo needs help. Don't burn yourself out in the first couple of days.

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Ahhhh, you are all about Truth now. 

"I paid 385 back in 97, it is what it is.  You couldn't afford an acre here."

"Hey its 2/10 of an acre :lol:and worth 1.5 million more than yours."

"Its funny cause we paid the same for the cottage, but 10 years later yet its only gone up about 30% since then, yet the house has gone up 5 fold. "

"I don't change my story."

5 x 385 = $1,925,000 Is that part true?

Or it is worth 2.7 million? 

Sure seems like your stock stories all over again. 

So sad. 

It's over 2 million and the cottage is over 500k.  What they will actually sell for his you know it's a real estate market.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's over 2 million and the cottage is over 500k.  What they will actually sell for his you know it's a real estate market.

Ahh so both your house and cottage might be worth more than my house if my house sold at rock bottom prices and yours sold for top dollar.  

What part of that is not changing your story? Were you just lying to make a point like usual? 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Ahh so both your house and cottage might be worth more than my house if my house sold at rock bottom prices and yours sold for top dollar.  

What part of that is not changing your story? Were you just lying to make a point like usual? 

Not quite sure why you had to come in on page two or so and ruin Tom's thread.  But

image4061139x.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

a few months ago it probably would have went for two and a half but now it's dropped a bit so that's what I think it would sell for.