Check your account email address ×

And so it begins.

4 minutes ago, STUMPY said:

Hahahaha. That was awesome. Never heard it before. As soon as it came on my wife said. Wow. Thats an oldy, where did you find that?  I said Freedomsledder, where else?  

Hahahaha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I just buy a new sled when it needs shocks. Problem solved.

Hahahaha. Good plan. 

So how many miles did you get on your 850 this year?  Many issues?  

Any upgrades planned for next year?

1 minute ago, STUMPY said:

I dont think zam likes bus tours...

Never been on one.  They have that little appeal to me.

Just now, Reevester said:

I just buy a new sled when it needs shocks. Problem solved.

Well, part of one maybe.  I spent a good amount of time talking to my guy on my last set I sent to him.  I laugh like hell at some of the stories of these shocks he receives that are essentially new but, the owners want them to “work better”.  

People buying big shock packages sleds and won’t take a couple hours to learn to set them up correctly.  He said “There was one set of fronts he got in where he couldn’t understand how the sled just didn’t tip over when somebody sat on it.  

I sharted.  :lol:

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahahaha. Good plan. 

So how many miles did you get on your 850 this year?  Many issues?  

Any upgrades planned for next year?

3k miles. One set of fouled plugs. 

Got a 2020 XCR indy. 

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Never been on one.  They have that little appeal to me.

Well, part of one maybe.  I spent a good amount of time talking to my guy on my last set I sent to him.  I laugh like hell at some of the stories of these shocks he receives that are essentially new but, the owners want them to “work better”.  

People buying big shock packages sleds and won’t take a couple hours to learn to set them up correctly.  He said “There was one set of fronts he got in where he couldn’t understand how the sled just didn’t tip over when somebody sat on it.  

I sharted.  :lol:

One things for sure that poos need shock adjustments right after the first 2 miles on it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Reevester said:

One things for sure that poos need shock adjustments right after the first 2 miles on it. 

They all should be adjusted after the first two miles...and every few miles after that until the peak setting are found for the rider.  I bet I had my sled out 4-5 times for quick runs then, back to the garage for fine adjustments before I started getting close.

43 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Haven’t once questioned his work. I just suggested telling people how much profit can be made with a few grand investment might not be the best idea.

Then you butthurt bitches piled on. 

I’m sorry I pointed out your lies Crusher. It’s not my fault you keep telling lies. 

The only one here full of shit is you.

Just how many do you need to employ before you net $250/hr?:lol:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They all should be adjusted after the first two miles...and every few miles after that until the peak setting are found for the rider.  I bet I had my sled out 4-5 times for quick runs then, back to the garage for fine adjustments before I started getting close.

Yeah I'm the same way. It would be nice if they came valved for more then a 160 pound woman rider. No doubt the velocitys will be valved to stiff and I'll bitch about that. Lots of adjustability will be nice. 

38 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ironically, most of the change I make servicing shocks is spent taking my wife out to dinner.  

Im like a “black guy” on payday. In one hand and out the other. 

We go out to eat at least 4 times per week and usually more  

Pretty sure we all knew that, except for one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The only one here full of shit is you.

Just how many do you need to employ before you net $250/hr?:lol:

A lot more than I do now. We came close to that a bunch of years ago.  I’m basing that on our 100 hour week though. 

You fucktards took 24 hours to work out it was $250.00 in his pocket. That would put him in the top 1% if he could do that full time. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

A lot more than I do now. We came close to that a bunch of years ago.  I’m basing that on our 100 hour week though. 

You fucktards took 24 hours to work out it was $250.00 in his pocket. That would put him in the top 1% if he could do that full time. 

Ummm, what are you talking about?  

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Check your post 

Your post makes no sense.  Are you saying $250/hr?  If so then yes but it didn't take anyone here 24 hours to realize that 1250/5=250.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Your post makes no sense.  Are you saying $250/hr?  If so then yes but it didn't take anyone here 24 hours to realize that 1250/5=250.  

Zambo was having a hell of a time. 

Kept avoiding the question. 

Poor fella. 

Anyway. Sorry for hijacking the thread. 

It’s a great payback for your time. There aren’t many jobs that pay that well for such a small capital outlay. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Zambo was having a hell of a time. 

Kept avoiding the question. 

Poor fella. 

Anyway. Sorry for hijacking the thread. 

It’s a great payback for your time. There aren’t many jobs that pay that well for such a small capital outlay. 

Well if it's any consolation, I make that kind of money servicing shocks only every month or so.  I'm out of town a bunch.  People contact me on FB or via text and ask when I will be home.  They get in line asap.   Servicing 30+ shocks in a row is a lot of work.  While I do enjoy it I would much rather service 2-4 shocks per day rather than 18-20 in a row all at once.  2-4 in a day means I could go out to the shop for an hour and make a few bucks that I could turn right around and spend.  While not terribly labor intensive it is fairly tedious work.  If I make a mistake that means I get to do it again some day and make no money off it.  

I retired from a regular job that paid way more per day than my best day of servicing shocks.  I make more per day consulting than my best ever day of servicing shocks.  This isn't really about the money.  It's more about having the skills knowledge and ability to do something that makes other people happy and saves them a lot of money.  Like the opposite of the 8 things men should stop doing thread the other day.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Actually it took us no time to realize it was 1250 in his pocket for 5 hours of work, and all said congrats great job.  Except you.:lol:

I guess I won't get into software licensing with you and exchange rates as that might take you over the edge.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Actually it took us no time to realize it was 1250 in his pocket for 5 hours of work, and all said congrats great job.  Except you.:lol:

I guess I won't get into software licensing with you and exchange rates as that might take you over the edge.

Wow! Another 1 percenter. The place is chock full of them. 

Or people that are bad at math. 

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well if it's any consolation, I make that kind of money servicing shocks only every month or so.  I'm out of town a bunch.  People contact me on FB or via text and ask when I will be home.  They get in line asap.   Servicing 30+ shocks in a row is a lot of work.  While I do enjoy it I would much rather service 2-4 shocks per day rather than 18-20 in a row all at once.  2-4 in a day means I could go out to the shop for an hour and make a few bucks that I could turn right around and spend.  While not terribly labor intensive it is fairly tedious work.  If I make a mistake that means I get to do it again some day and make no money off it.  

I retired from a regular job that paid way more per day than my best day of servicing shocks.  I make more per day consulting than my best ever day of servicing shocks.  This isn't really about the money.  It's more about having the skills knowledge and ability to do something that makes other people happy and saves them a lot of money.  Like the opposite of the 8 things men should stop doing thread the other day.  

Oh no, you didn't just say that.:lol:

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I know there is more to it than just buying the tools. People are paying for all the trial and error you dealt with. You also mentioned later about the warranty. 

The original post was worded in a way that looked like 250 after tax dollars per hour. 

Most people on the board seem to pretend they are high rollers. But regardless of their little fantasies, that is great money if it rolls to full time hours. 

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I know there is more to it than just buying the tools. People are paying for all the trial and error you dealt with. You also mentioned later about the warranty. 

The original post was worded in a way that looked like 250 after tax dollars per hour. 

Most people on the board seem to pretend they are high rollers. But regardless of their little fantasies, that is great money if it rolls to full time hours. 

Says the guy whos to afraid to share any pertinent info....

:lol:

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

When you purchase something do you always try and analyse the profits of the goods sold to an hourly rate?

That might be OK if you are looking for a new business venture but most are just comfortable with the agreed price regardless of the profit built into it.