Check your account email address ×

Rural America Is On The Verge Of Collapse

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I’m old...16 years.

It shocked me that it had been that long. My second account on HCS, ckf was from feb 03. SledNH has been going for 11 years now. robs Coles Pond forum that we were both on was right around 08. Time flies my friend :bc:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

It shocked me that it had been that long. My second account on HCS, ckf was from feb 03. SledNH has been going for 11 years now. robs Coles Pond forum that we were both on was right around 08. Time flies my friend :bc:

I think I joined HCS in when Rob just started from his Polaris site. Seen so many come and go

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I think I joined HCS in when Rob just started from his Polaris site. Seen so many come and go

Yup. I was in on page one, literally. Firecat and Polaris info page on his photography website.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

When I came through in 2016 Boyne Thunder was going on.  That was pretty darn cool.  

Holy fuck.  Is that Znotty @Polaris 550 in his gimp mask touring around with his bitches?  Looks just like that scrawny armed Mofo.  He does have a bad ass boat.  That goofy fuck just owned the shit out of @f7ben  

45 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Holy crap thats cold. Our lake in AK gets to about 70 in the summer. Its already above 60. 

There’s enough water in lake Superior to cover the whole country a foot deep, so it doesn’t vary much in temp.

11 minutes ago, Edmo said:

There’s enough water in lake Superior to cover the whole country a foot deep, so it doesn’t vary much in temp.

It’s pretty neat.  We charter a sailboat every so often and we can head out of the port and watch the depth finder.  It’s amazing how fast it gets deep.  50...75....400!!!  :lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

It’s pretty neat.  We charter a sailboat every so often and we can head out of the port and watch the depth finder.  It’s amazing how fast it gets deep.  50...75....400!!!  :lmao:

Its like the inverse reality of your iq... 

I got here and I was like...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Its like the inverse reality of your iq... 

I got here and I was like...

:lol:

It’s easier being stupid.  I don’t have to even bother looking for a toilet that way.  MC has this thing licked!!!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

It’s easier being stupid.  I don’t have to even bother looking for a toilet that way.  MC has this thing licked!!!

You Owned me!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Swimming in Lake Superior is always a challenge. I’d be surprised if the water temp hit 60 up there. 

If you're ever in Marquette head to Presque Isle Park and take a few jumps off The Black Rocks...well worth the marble freeze! :green:

IMG_4792.thumb.JPG.66c9e3158ed7c9c58281d43fb8164f9b.JPG

On 5/31/2019 at 6:15 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

2500-3000 year round residents....we'll be jammed in a few more weeks.

I passed thru almost ten years ago. Beautiful town. I remember an above average number of milfs walking smalls dogs. 

8 hours ago, Shifty said:

I passed thru almost ten years ago. Beautiful town. I remember an above average number of milfs walking smalls dogs. 

Haha...there are a few of those for sure. I've lived here since 1975 and while the permanent population has remained about the same Summers have gone off the charts. :thumb:

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Haha...there are a few of those for sure. I've lived here since 1975 and while the permanent population has remained about the same Summers have gone off the charts. :thumb:

I remember last time I walked thru town I was wishing I was about 17 or 18. :lol: Then I saw Martha Ford pulling in the harbor with her 157 foot boat. I mean everyone had to stop and take a look at that thing. That place just reeks of  money in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I remember last time I walked thru town I was wishing I was about 17 or 18. :lol: Then I saw Martha Ford pulling in the harbor with her 157 foot boat. I mean everyone had to stop and take a look at that thing. That place just reeks of  money in the summer.

Summers here back in the day were great....damn. There have been some pretty impressive yachts in the harbor recently. Gary Morse who started The Villages used to bring the Cracker Bay into port and Jimmy John has been here a few times...amazing vessels. Now if you head up the coast a few miles to Harbor Springs you'll find the real money...Harbor Pointe is the enclave for the old school zillionaires! 

IMG_4796.thumb.JPG.c2188fa6a6c5496c055301c5bfc34c30.JPGIMG_4797.thumb.JPG.db89be38dc523eef0a2ddf2756816512.JPG

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Cabin crowd or resort crowd?  Sounds a little bit like the lake I grew up around. 

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Cabin crowd or resort crowd?  Sounds a little bit like the lake I grew up around. 

Both really....a lot of the surrounding inland lakes have been built up a lot and we also get a lot of hotel/motel/condo people. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Both really....a lot of the surrounding inland lakes have been built up a lot and we also get a lot of hotel/motel/condo people. 

Around here, a couple of the smaller resorts have been sold and re-developed into lake houses and the small cabins are being bought up and a house put up where 2-3-4-5 cabins used to be.  Then the lake association will fight tooth and nail over the RV part putting in a dock system on their lake shore...

• Like 1