Check your account email address ×

Rural America Is On The Verge Of Collapse

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

We just went through downtown on Tuesday. I don't think there was a vacant storefront there. Much different than most towns that far north. We stopped at the little ice creme shop on the edge of town on the Whitefield side and got soft severe half and halfs. I noticed they had maple too. 

I hope they weren't toooo severe :lol:  Where's Spell Checker Dave when ya need him?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I hope they weren't toooo severe :lol:  Where's Spell Checker Dave when ya need him?

I used to purposely misspell your and you're just for him. Those are the two he always liked to catch people fucking up.

Your outta here Dave and take you're bullshit with you :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Yes, that is a great picture.  What a cool little town to love in or close too.  

Jimmy needs to brag on his area more. Charlevoix is pretty damn nice too. 

4738465C-D0DE-4156-A1FF-70BED8902885.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

I used to purposely misspell your and you're just for him. Those are the two he always liked to catch people fucking up.

So a quick question.  As  moderator/admin, can you edit your own posts without the "this post has been edited" disclaimer at the bottom of the post?  I mean like if you hit the edit button like the rest of us does it show that you edited your post like it shows when we edit our posts?

Just curious, no reason for the curiosity.  

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yes it is.  From Petoskey through Charlevoix to Traverse City is all pretty cool area.  Boyne City, Boyne Falls, East Jordan are all pretty cool little towns.  We will go back some day soon when we can spend more time in the area.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

So a quick question.  As  moderator/admin, can you edit your own posts without the "this post has been edited" disclaimer at the bottom of the post?  I mean like if you hit the edit button like the rest of us does it show that you edited your post like it shows when we edit our posts?

Just curious, no reason for the curiosity.  

yes you can edit 'silently' as a moderator or admin. I always try to remember to tic the box so it says edited by and I list the reason unless it's a quick spelling edit that I notice right away. I never try to hide anything from you guys. If any of you think Dave might have edited your posts please let me know. I can go through the moderator logs to see if he did. 

image.png

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have been doing it for years

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

I have been doing it for years

I know you have. Some of these guys just don't get you MC.  After 16 years I know when you are playing with the boys :bc:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yes it is.  From Petoskey through Charlevoix to Traverse City is all pretty cool area.  Boyne City, Boyne Falls, East Jordan are all pretty cool little towns.  We will go back some day soon when we can spend more time in the area.  

I used to spend a lot of time in nw lower up until we had kids. Its a really great area. :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Sometimes I take it for granted.....then I punch myself in the balls and tell myself to quit being a jabronie!!!  :lmao:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sometimes I take it for granted.....then I punch myself in the balls and tell myself to quit being a jabronie!!!  :lmao:

It’s easy to do (take it for granted).  What’s the population there?  It seems none of your pics by the beach ever have any people.  We’re fucking loaded with humanoids here now.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We all can be guilty of that. I lived on the lake most of my life. For the last ten or so years we didn't spend much time in or on the lake. It'll be there tomorrow.........

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s easy to do (take it for granted).  What’s the population there?  It seems none of your pics by the beach ever have any people.  We’re fucking loaded with humanoids here now.

Duluth has a beach?  Do the hotties wear their fir bikinis to the beach there?  

731958bc551a8f78b53e109bf7f964a2--fur-cl

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

2500-3000 year round residents....we'll be jammed in a few more weeks.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

When I came through in 2016 Boyne Thunder was going on.  That was pretty darn cool.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

When I came through in 2016 Boyne Thunder was going on.  That was pretty darn cool.  

That is a great event!

22 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Duluth has a beach?  Do the hotties wear their fir bikinis to the beach there?  

731958bc551a8f78b53e109bf7f964a2--fur-cl

Yeah. Plenty. Most popular and largest is Park Point which runs from Duluth to Superior.  It’s also about the only place you can swim because it’s shallow.  Otherwise Superior will take your giblets off!  Plenary of hotties here also..  Four colleges in a 20 sq mile area.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s perfect!  I’d love that.  Bout 250k metro retards here.  Add the massive tourism in the summer and makes it seem like a million.  Trying to convince my wife to get up the coast a bit to a smaller town.  She’s nodding along but I can tell she ain’t really buyin’ in.  She’s into city shit.  Ewww.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah. Plenty. Most popular and largest is Park Point which runs from Duluth to Superior.  It’s also about the only place you can swim because it’s shallow.  Otherwise Superior will take your giblets off!  Plenary of hotties here also..  Four colleges in a 20 sq mile area.

That’s perfect!  I’d love that.  Bout 250k metro retards here.  Add the massive tourism in the summer and makes it seem like a million.  Trying to convince my wife to get up the coast a bit to a smaller town.  She’s nodding along but I can tell she ain’t really buyin’ in.  She’s into city shit.  Ewww.

Swimming in Lake Superior is always a challenge. I’d be surprised if the water temp hit 60 up there. 

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Swimming in Lake Superior is always a challenge. I’d be surprised if the water temp hit 60 up there. 

Rarely and only in shallow areas south toward the ports.....and it takes until August to usually get there.  Otherwise it stays around 45-50.  Last time I was in it was July a few years back and I measured 46.  It gave me an inny!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Rarely and only in shallow areas south toward the ports.....and it takes until August to usually get there.  Otherwise it stays around 45-50.  Last time I was in it was July a few years back and I measured 46.  It gave me an inny!!!!!

Holy crap thats cold. Our lake in AK gets to about 70 in the summer. Its already above 60. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Holy crap thats cold. Our lake in AK gets to about 70 in the summer. Its already above 60. 

We have interior lakes most go for swimming and boating but, Park Point is a popular swim joint too.  I’ve been cold enough in my life.  I’ll do it for a quick thrill or a bet but, other than that...nope!  

I do want to dive the lake though.  I think that’s what I’m going to do next.