Check your account email address ×

Donald Trump and The Espionage Axe...Trumps War Against a Free Press

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Im all for balance, but Russian collusion, really!?  What kind of balance is that?

Any negative word uttered about Trump here is met with derision....it is what it is. 

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think the “free press” needs some accountability.  They are apparently incapable of doing it themselves.  “Free press” doesn’t mean lies, libel and slander all day long because they have a “source that knows a source that is reportedly close to a source of the source’s source”.

Criminal leaks are just that, criminal.  Journalists are free to report these leaks, as long as you aren't Julian Assange.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Any negative word uttered about Trump here is met with derision....it is what it is. 

If You were the president and half the country and most of the press was essentially accusing you of treason along with all other sorts of wild bogus accusations, how might you feel?  

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

If You were the president and half the country and most of the press was essentially accusing you of treason along with all other sorts of wild bogus accusations, how might you feel?  

So that's an excuse for infringing the free press....I thought you were some sort of expert on The Constitution. BTW I find it funny you are talking about Trump might "feel"...sounds a bit emotional to me. 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So that's an excuse for infringing the free press....I thought you were some sort of expert on The Constitution. BTW I find it funny you are talking about Trump might "feel"...sounds a bit emotional to me. 

Jesus christ Jim no one is suggesting infringing the free press, that does not mean they should not be held accountable for publishing things without a standard of proof, or a disclosure about factuality or lack thereof.  And no im not an expert on the constitution, nor is anyone else here.  Swing and a whiff dude.

how about holding trump accountable for his lies.  the media sucks,  trump sucks congress sucks.  they all lie to fit their agenda.  instead of accepting the lies you like people need to call out all of the lies and push out the liars from office.  

39 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

how about holding trump accountable for his lies.  the media sucks,  trump sucks congress sucks.  they all lie to fit their agenda.  instead of accepting the lies you like people need to call out all of the lies and push out the liars from office.  

Only Democrats  lie and Obama isn't a citizen and his wife has a dick. Trump on the other hand gives off an orange glowing aura that makes everything good. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey sunshine  , this place is 70& anti Trump threads , all day , every day . Yet here you are complaing about other people complaining who AREN'T  complaining  :lol: :lol: .  Then you go nextdoor and come storming into every conversation like a rabid dog and then get mad and quit when 3/4's of the board tells you stfu or get lost .  Are you OK ?  I mean really ,  pick up Slingers cry towel  that he left for you on his way out , wring it out , wipe your face with it , then go look in the mirror and ask the reflection what the problem is .   

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

All the left learners ought to leave. They’d be reduced to talking about golf, breakfast buffets, and the mindless writings of the zamroid   

why did your other screen name go by by 

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Hey sunshine  , this place is 70& anti Trump threads , all day , every day . Yet here you are complaing about other people complaining who AREN'T  complaining  :lol: :lol: .  Then you go nextdoor and come storming into every conversation like a rabid dog and then get mad and quit when 3/4's of the board tells you stfu or get lost .  Are you OK ?  I mean really ,  pick up Slingers cry towel  that he left for you on his way out , wring it out , wipe your face with it , then go look in the mirror and ask the reflection what the problem is .   

Yap, Yap, yap.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You are 100% correct.  Everyone should count the threads in the first three pages that are pro Trump, then count how many are anti Trump.  Useful fucking morons that I dont feel much need to tip toe around .  The strategy has made half the country into zombies.  Even my sis in law was coming unglued over the guy last night.  Broke into tears when i said hed probably be reelected.  I asked her what has you soooooo upset about the guy!?  First thing she cites are his comments about the Charlotte rally, which the media nicely twisted around to imply that he thinks the kkk are nice guys.  I mean wtf.  This is an RN who makes big money and lives a great life.  Turn off Rachel Maddow and maybe try some alternative media.  

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

You are 100% correct.  Everyone should count the threads in the first three pages that are pro Trump, then count how many are anti Trump.  Useful fucking morons that I dont feel much need to tip toe around .  The strategy has made half the country into zombies.  Even my sis in law was coming unglued over the guy last night.  Broke into tears when i said hed probably be reelected.  I asked her what has you soooooo upset about the guy!?  First thing she cites are his comments about the Charlotte rally, which the media nicely twisted around to imply that he thinks the kkk are nice guys.  I mean wtf.  This is an RN who makes big money and lives a great life.  Turn off Rachel Maddow and maybe try some alternative media.  

What is alternative media in your world...lemme guess....Fox News. 

4 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Was their ever a true " free press " in America ??   Today it is owned by alt left high tech / dembanksters .

You do know that Trump put more Wall Street people in positions of power than the Dems right?

20 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

:lol:

19 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What is alternative media in your world...lemme guess....Fox News. 

How negative was press coverage of President Trump's first 100 days in office? Far more than that of Barack Obama, George W. Bush, or Bill Clinton, according to a new report from the Harvard Kennedy School's Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy.

The Harvard scholars analyzed the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and the main newscasts (not talk shows) of CBS, CNN, Fox and NBC during Trump's initial time in office. They found, to no one's surprise, that Trump absolutely dominated news coverage in the first 100 days. And then they found that news coverage was solidly negative — 80 percent negative among those outlets studied, versus 20 percent positive.

The numbers for previous presidents: Barack Obama, 41 percent negative, 59 percent positive; George W. Bush, 57 percent negative, 43 percent positive; and Bill Clinton, 60 percent negative, 40 percent positive.

Accusations of bias aside, it's simply a fact that a number of negative things happened in Trump's opening 100 days. The Russia investigation, for example, was a source of endless criticism from Democrats and other Trump opponents. The travel ban executive order led to intense argument and losses for the administration in the courts. The healthcare debacle created more negative coverage because it was a major screwup and a setback for both Trump and House Republicans.

That said, the coverage of some news organizations was so negative, according to the Harvard study, that it seems hard to argue that the coverage was anywhere near a neutral presentation of facts. Assessing the tone of news coverage, the Harvard researchers found that CNN's Trump coverage was 93 percent negative, and seven percent positive. The researchers found the same numbers for NBC.

Others were slightly less negative. The Harvard team found that CBS coverage was 91 percent negative and 9 percent positive. New York Times coverage was 87 percent negative and 13 percent positive. Washington Post coverage was 83 percent negative and 17 percent positive. Wall Street Journal coverage was 70 percent negative and 30 percent positive. And Fox News coverage also leaned to the negative, but only slightly: 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.

Ninety-three percent negative — that's a lot by anybody's standards. "CNN and NBC's coverage was the most unrelenting — negative stories about Trump outpaced positive ones by 13-to-1 on the two networks," the study noted. "Trump's coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-harvard-study-cnn-nbc-trump-coverage-93-percent-negative

Weird how some can’t figure out why Trump gets so much of a free pass ....as they continue to post bullshit stories and blatant falsities by a media that is finding itself of little or no value to anymore.

What a world we live in.