Check your account email address ×

Good girl

I understand what you guys are saying 

most of these guys have had s rough start to life.

im going to another shelter soon to visit some others 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is a great picture and definitely a unique cat! 

Thanks Jimmy. :bc:

He was definitely a unique cat! He was also the one, like I said who would almost eat anything but give him a piece of McDonald's hamburger and he'd curl his nose and walk away. My BIL called him the Junkyard Cat, and that suit him. Everyone who ever met him/seen him instantly fell in love with him and his character. He was just one of those cats.

Norton frog.JPG

Norton frog1.JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yep, it's tough but if your not sensing a connection it's time to move on sometimes no matter how hard that is. When I found my Norton, it was also tough as there were just so many cats and of course I wanted to take them all home but when we seen each other, I just knew. Like I said, I regretted that decision for at least 3 to 4 weeks due to his behaviour/craziness but thankfully he finally came around. He was not aggressive/mean in anyway but if he was, I could almost guarantee he would have went back.  

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

This guy was a bit older when we got him.  My daughter went and picked him out from our local no-kill shelter.  He'd had it rough.  Been shot several times with a pellet gun and one in the head which gave him lifelong sinus issues in one eye.  Missing the end of his tail and one ear was a but ripped.  He took a while to come around but was a great little cat.  Loved his home and took to me rather quickly.  He became "my cat".  I had him put down last winter after a year of losing weight and really deteriorating (not gonna lie....I wept).  Pretty sure it was cancer.  We had him six years.  I think he was 4-5 when we got him.

E67D7413-3C67-480C-B8B9-4DDA46B05646.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

damn that sucks Zammy but at least you tried to give him a life.

good job

Ohhh...it's the life of Riley for animals in this house.  One of our cats was the neighbors that used to come visit.  Now he ain't going back to that shit.  LOL.  My wife had to go ask them permission to get him fixed and "share him".  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

:lol: Look how extremely "tolerant" he looks!  :lmao: Those cats are the coolest to me though.  They just don't give a fuck.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I love the little tabby cats.  Our two remaining look like double stuffed oreo cookies.   :lmao: 

We're trying to find another Maly rescue after we lost our last one.  But, these dogs are sure tough to get trained for "normal living".  The size of them can be hindering.  My last fucker was a polar bear cub and outweighed my wife and daughter by at least 30 pounds. Took me a while to get him leash broke after years of pulling a sled for fat tourists.  Fucking strong as shit and when he went...well, you're going too!!!!  :lol: The little husky on the right is about 45 pounds.  He was fucking behemoth!

IMG_0576 (2).JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hear of a lot of dogs dying from cancer. We didn't hear that years ago. I sometimes wonder if dog food is contaminated. Is any dog food produced in China? Chinese products are loaded with toxins. 

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

"Just my personal opinion", but I like the looks of these 2 the best. Hard to judge a book by its cover but they just look a little more friendly, on the tamer side compared to the others. 

Good luck with your search, Pete. :bc:

11 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I hear of a lot of dogs dying from cancer. We didn't hear that years ago. I sometimes wonder if dog food is contaminated. Is any dog food produced in China? Chinese products are loaded with toxins. 

We only feed our dogs "Stella & Chewy" super beef patties and some of their other products.  Only thing our coyote will eat.

24 minutes ago, irv said:

"Just my personal opinion", but I like the looks of these 2 the best. Hard to judge a book by its cover but they just look a little more friendly, on the tamer side compared to the others. 

Good luck with your search, Pete. :bc:

Thanks Irv

We shall see what happens in the next few days.

I had a black lab golden retriever mix. She was the sweetest dog.

Had to put her down when she was 5 due to cancer.

I was devastated and will never forget her

• Platinum Contributing Member

Buddy has been a great cat....hard to believe somebody dumped him in the middle of one of the coldest winters I remember...he showed up at our back slider when it was about -20 with a bad limp and broken teeth...we let him in and he has been awesome. 

A2976552-669D-4299-83EF-04B7B163E5E7.thumb.jpeg.8d7a9aba187d50ae103888a754c521c4.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW it’s awesome that you guys have and are adopting shelter animals...there are so many of them that need homes.

It’s absolutely heartbreaking to see how many animals are just discarded. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

damn right.

its kinda depressing going  to the shelter and they all look at you with sad eyes as I walked by.

I wish I could take them all

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW it’s awesome that you guys have and are adopting shelter animals...there are so many of them that need homes.

only way to roll.  we have had 4 dogs and 6 cats that were rescues going back to my first dog at 6 years old.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

When I was younger and just got divorced my buddy showed up with a kitten. Never owned a cat or was even thinking about it - but I had to take him. He found a box of them in his dumpster at work while taking out the trash. Turned out to be an awesome pet. :flush: 

• Like 1