Check your account email address ×

Good girl

I thought you got another already?  May have been the cat though..or you were watching somebody’s dog for a bit?

Either way...get another pup!!!!!!  Like I mentioned earlier, I’m in the hunt for another “baby Huey” myself.  It’s hard though....so many dogs need good homes.  It’s depressing.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I thought you got another already?  May have been the cat though..or you were watching somebody’s dog for a bit?

Either way...get another pup!!!!!!  Like I mentioned earlier, I’m in the hunt for another “baby Huey” myself.  It’s hard though....so many dogs need good homes.  It’s depressing.

Yeah ,we were watching the sis in laws dog for a bit and her bosses dog for 2 weeks . Our new cat was a stray that we took in . This is going to sound stupid ,but this cat has the exact same personality traits as brie lol. 

IMG_1547934481719.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah ,we were watching the sis in laws dog for a bit and her bosses dog for 2 weeks . Our new cat was a stray that we took in . This is going to sound stupid ,but this cat has the exact same personality traits as brie lol. 

IMG_1547934481719.jpg

I’m convinced one of our cats is a dog. And he’s a god damn bully too!  They leave their own food bowls when he walks up.  :lol:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

IMG_1547934481719.jpg

That’s a cool looking cat. 😽

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m convinced one of our cats is a dog. And he’s a god damn bully too!  They leave their own food bowls when he walks up.  :lol:

Our new cat is just like brie. A giant fucking baby that eats people food ,follows you around wanting hugs,cuddles and kisses and belly rubs. 😂

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Thinking about getting a kitty myself.. We have a rescue place in my town.

Never wanted a cat till we got our first one . I think they are cool in their own way lol. Here's the 2 numbnuts sleeping together lol

Resized_20190303_142410.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I grew up with cats.  They are just cool as fuck to me.  They aren’t dogs though.

Very true. Way more independent. The males are most definitely  the friendliest  Easiest to take care of

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

Thinking about getting a kitty myself.. We have a rescue place in my town.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I grew up with cats.  They are just cool as fuck to me.  They aren’t dogs though.

It's been a few months now that Buddy passed away and although there has been no talk about getting a new one, I have been personally thinking about it. One cat in our neighborhood, that we call Leggy due to his height, has been hanging around occasionally. He's definitely not a stray due to the girth/size of him but he was actually friends with Buddy. Buddy, anytime another cat would come around, would put the run to it but not this guy for some reason? Having him around occasionally fills a void somewhat but it's just not the same as having our own.

We still have left over food, litter, treats, toys, etc, but with summer coming soon, it might not be the best time considering how much time we spend at our trailer? I assume, like most times, it will be a spur of the moment decision but we'll see? 

HPIM1775 (Large).JPG

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Cant have an outdoor cat. I couldn't fathom them getting attacked by other animals or getting hit by a car. Inside works best for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Cant have an outdoor cat. I couldn't fathom them getting attacked by other animals or getting hit by a car. Inside works best for me.

i had one eaten by a coyote,  the cat just would not stay inside but almost always came in at night.  

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i had one eaten by a coyote,  the cat just would not stay inside but almost always came in at night.  

That one night that the cat didn't come home would devastate me. I couldn't handle it.  Im a big baby when it comes to animals.

I stopped yesterday to talk to a lady that has a horse. I see him everyday I drive by and hes all by himself and he just stands there. I feel bad for him lol. But he is in good hands. The lady was happy I stopped and asked about him.

His name is peanut lol.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Our last cat and the one before were both outdoor cats so trying to keep them inside was impossible. Like all animals, some are smarter than others. Buddy would stop at the end of our driveway and listen and look both ways before he crossed the road. Norton, our other cat was similar. 

Our neighbor 2 yrs ago had a dead cat on his lawn that I assume a coyote or fox got? My wife let Buddy out one morning and when I got up, I asked where buddy was? She let him out before she went out which I told her not to do. I believed in going out when I let Buddy out. Make noise, burp, fart, move a patio chair around, etc, just in case one was lurking around. Long story short, the dead cat was not Buddy but he disappeared for 40 or so hours so we both assumed the same coyote or fox got him as well. 

We are unsure if buddy seen the yote, got chased or just seen the dead cat but something definitely spooked him. Around the 40 hr mark when all hope was lost he was coming home, he showed up at the back door soaking wet and scared. Huge relief to say the least!! For a few days Buddy was still skittish but of course he wanted out again. He also went, the next morning, onto my neighbors lawn where the dead cat was found so with him being gone for so long, it was definitely related. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

That one night that the cat didn't come home would devastate me. I couldn't handle it.  Im a big baby when it comes to animals.

I stopped yesterday to talk to a lady that has a horse. I see him everyday I drive by and hes all by himself and he just stands there. I feel bad for him lol. But he is in good hands. The lady was happy I stopped and asked about him.

His name is peanut lol.

my kids found the cats leg in the next door neighbors yard,  pretty gruesome sight.  

10 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

No way I could handle that 

kids were like 5 and 7,  wife and i were eating lunch and they came to the window in the dining room and my son said we found Toby's leg.  Wife and I were like WTF and walked next door and there was the leg and a trail of guts leading out to the woods.  week or so later their was another cat killed there in their backyard as well.  Animal control would do nothing about it so another neighbor soaked some chickens in antifreeze and humng them off the fence and took care of them.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

All of our cats have always gone in and out pretty much all summer/fall long.  I don’t like it but they won’t stay inside and if we try to keep them in, well....we’re better off letting them go out.  We do make sure they come in at night though....when we can.  We know the risks but surprisingly, we’ve only had one not come back.  And I won’t be surprised if it happens again.  It sucks but, taking their happiness sucks too and of course, their punishment for us keeping them inside.  I also hate them killing off my wildlife...little fuckers!!!

I went to a shelter yesterday to visit a cat.

He was cool at first, then he got real mean. Growling and hissing at me. Tried to pet him and he attacked my arm lol.

$90 adoption fee too. Yikes.

I think maybe I need a kitten so he can grow with me. Lots of cats under stress at the shelter

so many adult cats out there wow

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

He was cool at first, then he got real mean. Growling and hissing at me. Tried to pet him and he attacked my arm lol.

I think maybe I need a kitten so he can grow with me. Lots of cats under stress at the shelter

When we got our first cat ,I went to the humane society.  Visited with 20 cats ,maybe held 5. All were very sociable so idk . They were also pretty young ,like 1 year old 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

That's what my cat Norton cost me quite a few years ago. When we both seen each other we just knew. Long story short, that cat drove me nuts for weeks on end with his deep closed mouthed meows and his behaviour. Everyday I said this is the last day, you're going back, but like everyday, I also said one more day. Needless to say, he didn't go back and he turned out to be an awesome cat. I called him my garage buddy as he constantly hung around with me whenever I was at home, both indoors and out. He'd chase dogs, walk in water, eat almost anything, go on our dock at our trailer, you name it. He was the most unique cat I have ever owned and I miss him greatly.  

HPIM0207.JPG

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

Many of our cats have come from a shelter.  Some a little older, some younger.  All animals take a bit of time to acclimate.  People have to remember, most of these animals, especially the older ones, don't have the greatest experience with humans in their lives.  All of ours have worked out well...some take a little longer to come around.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, irv said:

That's what my cat Norton cost me quite a few years ago. When we both seen each other we just knew. Long story short, that cat drove me nuts for weeks on end with his deep closed mouthed meows and his behaviour. Everyday I said this is the last day, you're going back, but like everyday, I also said one more day. Needless to say, he didn't go back and he turned out to be an awesome cat. I called him my garage buddy as he constantly hung around with me whenever I was at home, both indoors and out. He'd chase dogs, walk in water, eat almost anything, go on our dock at our trailer, you name it. He was the most unique cat I have ever owned and I miss him greatly.  

HPIM0207.JPG

That is a great picture and definitely a unique cat! 

• Like 1