Check your account email address ×

Baby boomers are the worst generation since slavery

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yes always. Just like you did right there.

More stupid Boomer bullshit...

Like expecting the worst people with the worst motives will lead to the best society? 

I try to get ahead in life for me and my family and have managed rather well so far.  I don't complain about shit I have no control over and just make the best of it.  

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Some of us can grow our wealth in retirement. 

Left mostly alone, it’s most likely going to continue to grow.  I haven’t touched my “big egg” in 7 years since “retiring”.  It’s up significantly.  My “play money” is up around 25%.  My wife and I do bring in extra cash on the side though.  

It’s easy to live pretty well (and cheap) being debt free.  It’s kinda funny actually.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Left mostly alone, it’s most likely going to continue to grow.  I haven’t touched my “big egg” in 7 years since “retiring”.  It’s up significantly.  My “play money” is up around 25%.  My wife and I do bring in extra cash on the side though.  

It’s easy to live pretty well (and cheap) being debt free.  It’s kinda funny actually.

I just paid off the cabin and the truck, and now I am down to one (house) payment monthly. Going to start working on that one. My plan is to be debt free in retirement as well.

:bc: 

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I just paid off the cabin and the truck, and now I am down to one (house) payment monthly. Going to start working on that one. My plan is to be debt free in retirement as well.

The plan is to be wise with debt, it can actually work to your benefit.

I have a small mortgage at 3% remaining on the cottage but I also have more than 20x that mortgage balance invested averaging about 12% for the past decade.   There is no math that shows its better to have it paid off.

45 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The plan is to be wise with debt, it can actually work to your benefit.

I have a small mortgage at 3% remaining on the cottage but I also have more than 20x that mortgage balance invested averaging about 12% for the past decade.   There is no math that shows its better to have it paid off.

I agree with you on all that, but I’m not talking about hundreds of thousands. I don't owe much and am probably 5 years from punching out.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Wtf makes you think that's what I'm doing?

Just another baseless personal attack from a dumbfuck Boomer...

Ummm, because you've mentioned it many times.  Are you saving for retirement Dan?  Do you have a 401k?  Pension? Any tangible liquid savings?  

Without including one penny of your parents money or land or farm, how much have you put away for retirement?  At 41 you should be half way there.  

Blame boomers for all your woes now.  See how far that gets you in another 20 years.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Ummm, because you've mentioned it many times.  Are you saving for retirement Dan?  Do you have a 401k?  Pension? Any tangible liquid savings?  

Without including one penny of your parents money or land or farm, how much have you put away for retirement?  At 41 you should be half way there.  

Blame boomers for all your woes now.  See how far that gets you in another 20 years.  

No at 41 he should not be half way there. Not even the most conservative financial planner would suggest that

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Wtf makes you think that's what I'm doing?

Just another baseless personal attack from a dumbfuck Boomer...

I thought you were enjoying the benefits that capitalism has to offer 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No at 41 he should not be half way there. Not even the most conservative financial planner would suggest that

At 41 he has had 20 years to save.  It's called compounding interest for a reason.  If you don't start saving early there is nothing to compound.  

There are a lot of Gen X and GenY'rs that are hoping their parents leave them the farm so they can retire.  These people are retards.  Dan has explained his views on his parents farm many times.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

At 41 he has had 20 years to save.  It's called compounding interest for a reason.  If you don't start saving early there is nothing to compound.  

There are a lot of Gen X and GenY'rs that are hoping their parents leave them the farm so they can retire.  These people are retards.  Dan has explained his views on his parents farm many times.  

The earlier you get your base started the better.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Plenty to complain about the baby boomers however they probably are the greatest job creating generation America has ever seen bar none.  

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

its the only way to roll.  My parents retired buying their final home with a reverse mortgage which worked out perfectly.  gave them an addition 100k to spend on travel early in their retirement while later when that slows down the 401k and SS will pay the bills.

Just now, Highmark said:

Plenty to complain about the baby boomers however they probably are the greatest job creating generation America has ever seen bar none.  

Also creating the most technological advancements and highest quality of life for any country (and it's citizens) in history.

50 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The topic is how badly boomers fucked the generations after them, not anything I may or may not have done.

Your posts here are illustrative of that point. All boomers have is paranoia and whataboutism.

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Wages are stagnant since they've been in charge.

Just now, motonoggin said:

The topic is how badly boomers fucked the generations after them, not anything I may or may not have done.

Your posts here are illustrative of that point. All boomers have is paranoia and whataboutism.

The topic is complete bullshit and just another example of people blaming others for their fucked up life.  

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure why people still fully connect the age of 65 with retirement.  :dunno:  

Yeah me either. Probably because most cant afford to retire and that SS check makes it possible. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The topic is complete bullshit and just another example of people blaming others for their fucked up life.  

I'm blaming boomers for all the bullshit they've done as a generation, dumbfuck.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

3 pensions will be close to$120k per year. Close to a million in our 401ks. Both retiring at 57.

Enjoy your life Noggin... :lol:

This is where you end up when you work your ass off and plan ahead. Nice job. Some will never get it...