Check your account email address ×

Baby boomers are the worst generation since slavery

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly.  That fucking retard hasn't saved anything and is trying to blame everyone else.  He knows his parents farm will be there to take care of him when he's old.  And he talks about others coasting through life on the accomplishments of their parents.  Fucking guy is a loon.  

I know many in their 30s who have been moving in and out of their boomer parents home. Their plan is to inherit their parents $$

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

I know many in their 30s who have been moving in and out of their boomer parents home. Their plan is to inherit their parents $$

i know many boomers and gen xers who are also relying on their parents passing the omney down to retire or in many cases just make it to the point they can think about retirement.  There are many in this country who don't have any significant savings.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly.  That fucking retard hasn't saved anything and is trying to blame everyone else.  He knows his parents farm will be there to take care of him when he's old.  And he talks about others coasting through life on the accomplishments of their parents.  Fucking guy is a loon.  

I know boomers who fit that description as well

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i know many boomers and gen xers who are also relying on their parents passing the omney down to retire or in many cases just make it to the point they can think about retirement.  There are many in this country who don't have any significant savings.  

Yep.  And they cross all demographics and generations.  I send a monthly check to my wifes parents because they didn't save enough in retirement.  If my parents hadn't both passed last year I would be sending them monthly checks here soon as well.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep.  And they cross all demographics and generations.  I send a monthly check to my wifes parents because they didn't save enough in retirement.  If my parents hadn't both passed last year I would be sending them monthly checks here soon as well.  

Well fuck, that sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna start partying like a rockstar and piss everything away in hopes my sons and daughter in laws send me checks when I'm in dire straits. :lol:

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Well fuck, that sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna start partying like a rockstar and piss everything away in hopes my sons and daughter in laws send me checks when I'm in dire straits. :lol:

Don't do it.  They will resent you well after you're gone.  

37 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

And I know plenty of Silents that fit that description as well.  I send one set a monthly check.  

I believe Anler has said the same about his folks and in laws. I can’t even imagine. 

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Settle down, it was a joke. So, what did your in laws and parents do for work?

Oh for sure, I get it. 

My FIL was an executive director of the YMCA.  35 years with the Y.  Retired at 58 thinking they had plenty of money.  All through retirement they did a lot of traveling, bought brand new cars, bought brand new motorhomes, handed out money to worthless nieces and nephews and grandkids, etc, etc.  Now they are barely making it and need my help to keep the lights and heat on.  I send them $500 per month and have for the last 5 years.  

My father was in the oil industry.  He saved for 35 years are retired at about 60.  My dad was very frugal and never bought anything new.  He did a fair job of managing his money until about 5 years ago when his health began to decline rapidly.  My mother spent money like a fiend.  Not on herself but on worthless friends and foster kids and just random acquaintances.  My mother would wonder why she had an $800 electric bill, I would point out that she had 4 old campers parked out back all plugged in to the 100amp service I installed for them to plug their motorhme in to.  Every one of those campers had a worthless family living in it, electric heat, electric cooking, electric everything.   My mom never met a dog, cat, chicken, goat, or homeless person that she didn't invite in to stay for the rest of their life.  My mom had a heart of gold but she gave all her money away.  I began taking notice of my parents spending and money management about 5 years ago.  My mom assured me she had plenty of money and there was nothing to worry about.  In April 2017 I began to pressure mom on how much she really had left because I knew she was spending at least $10k per month.  They were 80 and had everything paid for and she told me she had about $500k left in the retirement plans.  I figured that should last them for the rest of their life even with moms outrageous spending habits.

In November 2017 my mom passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack.  My dad was basically incapacitated at the time as we were expecting him to pass within a year or so.  I finally got to see the financials and figured out that my parents had less than $125k left and were spending at least $10k per month.  Mostly on other people.  My parents had about $5k in unpaid medical bills and about $5k in unpaid lawyer bills and about $5k in back taxes.  My dad passed away about 1 month later.  I spent the next 6 months getting the estate sorted out.  Cleaning up 8000 sqft of house, garage and greenhouse.  Constantly dealing with random degenerate people who my mom continually gave money too.  Even after she passed they expected me to keep paying them like my mom paid them. 

I could go on and on for hours but the reality is the Silent Generation was no better at preparing for retirement than any generation before or after them.  

18 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You always turn a conceptual discussion into a personal attack.

It reveals the weakness of your defense.

Always?  Bull Shit. 

You are doing exactly what you're accusing boomers of doing.  You are coasting through life on the accomplishments of your parents and the society they built.  You don't need to save for retirement because you have the family farm.  

Hypocrite.  

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh for sure, I get it. 

My FIL was an executive director of the YMCA.  35 years with the Y.  Retired at 58 thinking they had plenty of money.  All through retirement they did a lot of traveling, bought brand new cars, bought brand new motorhomes, handed out money to worthless nieces and nephews and grandkids, etc, etc.  Now they are barely making it and need my help to keep the lights and heat on.  I send them $500 per month and have for the last 5 years.  

My father was in the oil industry.  He saved for 35 years are retired at about 60.  My dad was very frugal and never bought anything new.  He did a fair job of managing his money until about 5 years ago when his health began to decline rapidly.  My mother spent money like a fiend.  Not on herself but on worthless friends and foster kids and just random acquaintances.  My mother would wonder why she had an $800 electric bill, I would point out that she had 4 old campers parked out back all plugged in to the 100amp service I installed for them to plug their motorhme in to.  Every one of those campers had a worthless family living in it, electric heat, electric cooking, electric everything.   My mom never met a dog, cat, chicken, goat, or homeless person that she didn't invite in to stay for the rest of their life.  My mom had a heart of gold but she gave all her money away.  I began taking notice of my parents spending and money management about 5 years ago.  My mom assured me she had plenty of money and there was nothing to worry about.  In April 2017 I began to pressure mom on how much she really had left because I knew she was spending at least $10k per month.  They were 80 and had everything paid for and she told me she had about $500k left in the retirement plans.  I figured that should last them for the rest of their life even with moms outrageous spending habits.

In November 2017 my mom passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack.  My dad was basically incapacitated at the time as we were expecting him to pass within a year or so.  I finally got to see the financials and figured out that my parents had less than $125k left and were spending at least $10k per month.  Mostly on other people.  My parents had about $5k in unpaid medical bills and about $5k in unpaid lawyer bills and about $5k in back taxes.  My dad passed away about 1 month later.  I spent the next 6 months getting the estate sorted out.  Cleaning up 8000 sqft of house, garage and greenhouse.  Constantly dealing with random degenerate people who my mom continually gave money too.  Even after she passed they expected me to keep paying them like my mom paid them. 

I could go on and on for hours but the reality is the Silent Generation was no better at preparing for retirement than any generation before or after them.  

Wow, so sad. It appears your parents and in laws certainly had enough to retire, they just over spent and managed it very poorly during retirement.:bc:

Just now, snoughnut said:

Wow, so sad. It appears your parents and in laws certainly had enough to retire, they just over spent and managed it very poorly during retirement.:bc:

Oh yes, they both had enough to retire.  They just mismanaged it from the very beginning.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Always?  Bull Shit. 

You are doing exactly what you're accusing boomers of doing.  You are coasting through life on the accomplishments of your parents and the society they built.  You don't need to save for retirement because you have the family farm.  

Hypocrite.  

Yes always. Just like you did right there.

More stupid Boomer bullshit...

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well most of us are not Alice trying to find Wonderland.

Like expecting the worst people with the worst motives will lead to the best society? 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Like expecting the worst people with the worst motives will lead to the best society? 

Coasting through life on the coattails of your parents is no way to plan for your future.  The bad news is, it's too late for you to change directions now.  

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

These two posts you quoted just handed you your own ass, diced up in bite size portions.

It’s over.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Some of us can grow our wealth in retirement. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Coasting through life on the coattails of your parents is no way to plan for your future.  The bad news is, it's too late for you to change directions now.  

Wtf makes you think that's what I'm doing?

Just another baseless personal attack from a dumbfuck Boomer...