Check your account email address ×

The tax returns

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Kerry put himself in for medals.  And he was nothing like he wrote himself up as.  He is a fraud.  How does Trump "escape criticism'?  Seems millions that didn't serve at all themselves have many problems with him not serving either.  How neat!

Really....don't hear many Republican ripping Trump or Cheney for that matter and you know that I meant avoiding the draft. Clinton took a lot of heat as well.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Really....don't hear many Republican ripping Trump or Cheney for that matter and you know that I meant avoiding the draft. Clinton took a lot of heat as well.

Rip him for what?  Something they didn't do either?  Most people see the immense hypocrisy in doing something like this and avoid it.  Most.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's actually an Interesting legal situation...I hope it does come to a legal battle so question will forever be answered. :ylsuper:

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/9/18296806/trump-tax-returns-congress-legal-experts

Section 6103 describes how tax returns can be requested and obtained. It describes who the HWM chair can allow to see them. 

It does not provide direction on making the tax returns public from what I can tell. 

Only Trump can make his tax returns public. 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I think he should release them.

Then stick an IRS investigator up every dems ass.

The Dems are pushing for something they don't want here.  Tax returns can be made to read anyway they need to as long as it's legal.  What's more interesting is the immense foundations, charities, offshore holdings and layers of shell corporations set up by politicians to work their little financial wizardry while they are in office as "servants of the citizens".

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's actually an Interesting legal situation...I hope it does come to a legal battle so question will forever be answered. :ylsuper:

It's not really a "legal situation" at all.  If Trump doesn't want to disclose them to the public, he doesn't have to...at all.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey Potsy

does not knowing trumps tax returns keep you up all night?

Edited by Pete
  • Haha 1

Trump will likely be the best example ever of why we have laws to allow congress to examine someone’s tax returns, including a president. Who, for some reason, thinks he’s above the law and his supporters have no problem with it. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Slinger has you quoting VOX now?

Man, he sure as hell got you in line. :lol:

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Section 6103 describes how tax returns can be requested and obtained. It describes who the HWM chair can allow to see them. 

It does not provide direction on making the tax returns public from what I can tell. 

Oh don't worry. Schiff will excuse himself from the committee room every 20 minutes and leak the process.

• Thanks 1

The president can also request to see the tax returns on any individual/corporation he wants. This is given to him as part of being president. 

From what I can tell there is no limit to who and how many people Trump can request tax returns for. He can also share these returns with whoever he wants to share them with. 

• Thanks 1

The Dems are pushing for something they don't want here.  Tax returns can be made to read anyway they need to as long as it's legal.  What's more interesting is the immense foundations, charities, offshore holdings and layers of shell corporations set up by politicians to work their little financial wizardry while they are in office as "servants of the citizens".

There you go with the “legal” approach again.  Nobody is questioning the legalities of his incomes or taxes on them 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Trump will likely be the best example ever of why we have laws to allow congress to examine someone’s tax returns, including a president. Who, for some reason, thinks he’s above the law and his supporters have no problem with it. 

Tax returns are fair game but no college transcripts, no college applications etc... no way.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

There you go with the “legal” approach again.  Nobody is questioning the legalities of his incomes or taxes on them 

So a witch hunt. Okay...

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's an Interesting legal situation is all I'm saying.

Just now, Pete said:

Hey Potsy

does not know trumps tax returns keep you up all night?

I don't GAF what he does but if you took the time to read  what legal experts have to say you might find it interesting or you can hitch your wagon to the Zderpski and walk around an ignorant shit spewing dumbfuck the rest of your life...pretty sure I know which one you will choose.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Oh don't worry. Schiff will excuse himself from the committee room every 20 minutes and leak the process.

:lol:

“what happened to you smails?”

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's an article quoting legal experts...you're just as bad as he is with this team shit.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's an Interesting legal situation is all I'm saying.

I don't GAF what he does but if you took the time to read  what legal experts have to say you might find it interesting or you can hitch your wagon to the Zderpski and walk around an ignorant shit spewing dumbfuck the rest of your life...pretty sure I know which one you will choose.  :lol:

It's not a legal situation at all.