Check your account email address ×

Need some new sled gear

SSFB

Been out of the game for a while but am buying an 11 Crossfire 800 this week. Only 1600 miles and I'm getting it for $4k.  :bc:

I definitely need a new helmet and boots along with balaclava, as well as base and mid layers. Where is everyone buying their gear nowadays? I've been out of it for so long I'm sure I don't even remember some of the good places to buy from. 

Pic of the sled. :bc:

49210844_352008248949253_916757064492410

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Been out of the game for a while but am buying an 11 Crossfire 800 this week. Only 1600 miles and I'm getting it for $4k.  :bc:

I definitely need a new helmet and boots along with balaclava, as well as base and mid layers. Where is everyone buying their gear nowadays? I've been out of it for so long I'm sure I don't even remember some of the good places to buy from. 

Nice deal! I still like the top of the line Cat stuff. End of season sales will start soon also check eBay 

I like the Cat TXI helmets with the heated shield and visor. You can always find a replacement shield in a pinch at any Cat dealer

Edited by Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I have always loved those limezies....good buy!

Look into those CKX Titan Helmets.....Anler has one.

As far as baselayers and what not try this place....

https://www.upnorthsports.com/

8 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Congrats on getting back in the game!

EBay is pretty good for some deals.  Most dealers have their apparel at good discounts now.  Nothing wrong with discounted new stuff anywhere.  I don't get cold real easy so i can wear anything but, I like a good boot.  FXR X-cross is what I like.  Not too hot and good flex.  Helmet's are on sale now too.  Pick your poison there.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I have always loved those limezies....good buy!

Look into those CKX Titan Helmets.....Anler has one.

As far as baselayers and what not try this place....

https://www.upnorthsports.com/

Funny you mention that. When I was riding with @Anler I noticed that the helmet he had looked pretty sweet so that is one I had in mind. :bc:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Congrats on getting back in the game!

EBay is pretty good for some deals.  Most dealers have their apparel at good discounts now.  Nothing wrong with discounted new stuff anywhere.  I don't get cold real easy so i can wear anything but, I like a good boot.  FXR X-cross is what I like.  Not too hot and good flex.  Helmet's are on sale now too.  Pick your poison there.

Yeah, the dutchmen in me definitely likes the discount stuff. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Ecklunds always has good clearance deals going pretty much all the time. Personally I'm nothing's better than a klim shell type coat 

ecklundmotorsports.com

That one?

Nice ride buddy!  I think YS and Steve have the BVS 3??  Text / call them later.... they are riding together now.   I heard Oxygen helmets are amazing but expensive?

Gear on Ebay.   What size jacket and Bibs?  I'll keep an eye out.

Also, i'll send you some links on FB for different cat groups.  Many times they post gear for sale.

P.S....  I assume you want Pink bibs and jacket? 

:ssfb:

28 minutes ago, jammin said:

Nice ride buddy!  I think YS and Steve have the BVS 3??  Text / call them later.... they are riding together now.   I heard Oxygen helmets are amazing but expensive?

Gear on Ebay.   What size jacket and Bibs?  I'll keep an eye out.

Also, i'll send you some links on FB for different cat groups.  Many times they post gear for sale.

P.S....  I assume you want Pink bibs and jacket? 

:ssfb:

I'm looking for pants instead of bibs. Probably Klim brand, black, size Large. :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Funny you mention that. When I was riding with @Anler I noticed that the helmet he had looked pretty sweet so that is one I had in mind. :bc:

Yeah, the dutchmen in me definitely likes the discount stuff. :lol:

ecklundmotorsports.com

That one?

Yes sign up for an account 

3 hours ago, SSFB said:

Haha , that old Artco is gonna stink up the whole neighborhood , someones gonna call the cops thinking a black family moved in :lol:    

• Haha 4

countery cat has goid deals on holdover gear . I really like the,boondocker coat  not the jacket . diff is length I like a longer coat .  

motorfist has a good clearance page . 

if buying klim don't buy there base or midrage stuff it is crap and not worth the thread it is put together with 

my all time fav sled out of the box was a,11m8 Ltd love that thing 

oh and the new 509 stuff is total shit .way down hill 

just look at a new set of there goggles and a,old set of same model . fucking pathetic shit castel x is better now,how,sad is that .

don't get me started on bca China shit 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

just look at a new set of there goggles and a,old set of same model . fucking pathetic shit castel x is better now,how,sad is that .

Hey now, Castle X makes my favorite sledding goggle!

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I tried on this helmet at a local place this afternoon and it seemed nice. :dunno:

https://www.ride509.com/delta-r3-helmet-fidlock?quantity=1&color=705

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Why not go go with a MX style with goggles?

I probably will.........that helmet was there and I have never tried one like that so I was just checking it out. Might come in handy to be able to switch between visor and goggles depending on the trip. Mountains vs trails, warm or cold, etc.

10 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I probably will.........that helmet was there and I have never tried one like that so I was just checking it out. Might come in handy to be able to switch between visor and goggles depending on the trip. Mountains vs trails, warm or cold, etc.

I just bought this helmet with electric shield and it's pretty awesome .   Castle X has the same helmet in different colors.    Everyone that I know who's bought the 509 stuff say it's shitty    :bc:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-exo-at950-neocon-helmet-dual-lens?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6oqAu7mP4AIVD7azCh1p5wyxEAYYASABEgKbtvD_BwE

You can pull the shield and run goggles with it also

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

38 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I tried on this helmet at a local place this afternoon and it seemed nice. :dunno:

https://www.ride509.com/delta-r3-helmet-fidlock?quantity=1&color=705

prob fine I don't know don't use face shield lids for my style of riding .

not sure who is making that lid for 509 

what I can tell you is there newer stuff is sub par compared to the stuff they use to just rebrand 

7 hours ago, SSFB said:

Good bulletproof sled 

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I just bought this helmet with electric shield and it's pretty awesome .   Castle X has the same helmet in different colors.    Everyone that I know who's bought the 509 stuff say it's shitty    :bc:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-exo-at950-neocon-helmet-dual-lens?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6oqAu7mP4AIVD7azCh1p5wyxEAYYASABEgKbtvD_BwE

You can pull the shield and run goggles with it also

Neocon????

That's a helmet for woolie...not you 

• Haha 1