Check your account email address ×

Sad reality of our world

jtssrx

Just now, Skidooski said:

Staring at your phone as you drive down the freeway is my favorite. I see morons of all ages do this almost daily. Then there's the younger teenagers who sit on Face Time for long periods of time and actually speak very very little. Just listen to background noise from the other side. Staring at your phone while at a live concert

Yes, all of those things are retarded.. Won’t fight you there, but if that is the metric of this generation being fucked, we doing ok haha...

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You’re being ignorant. Millennials are better educated, better informed, more connected, and have more opportunity than ever before. Just because they don’t fit your box of acceptable and are liberal, doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped. Change sucks when it’s your way of life going to the wayside... 

You think you are... that is the problem.

:lol:

1 minute ago, old indy said:

yeah they love to watch others deal with issuse around them.  they participate thru there phones.  if it involves physical involvment most pass.

Care to elaborate? So if they aren’t digging ditches, they aren’t participating? Lol...

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yes, all of those things are retarded.. Won’t fight you there, but if that is the metric of this generation being fucked, we doing ok haha...

I'm not making it a generational thing here though. I'm speaking of society as a whole. People need to learn when and how to disconnect

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You’re being ignorant. Millennials are better educated, better informed, more connected, and have more opportunity than ever before. Just because they don’t fit your box of acceptable and are liberal, doesn’t mean they aren’t equipped. Change sucks when it’s your way of life going to the wayside... 

No.

Just now, DAVE said:

You think you are... that is the problem.

This generation can run circles around any other in history with what they know and understand at their CURRENT age compared to where you were at that CURRENT age. They are still young. Haven’t matured. It’s called growing up. But apples for apples they are smarter and more informed. Don’t fool yourself with your “Back when I was a kid” nonsense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

This generation can run circles around any other in history with what they know and understand at their CURRENT age compared to where you were at that CURRENT age. They are still young. Haven’t matured. It’s called growing up. But apples for apples they are smarter and more informed. Don’t fool yourself with your “Back when I was a kid” nonsense.

I kept telling my Ex's daughter how I would have killed to have Google instead of the Dewey Decimal system when I was younger. The speed the kids these days can get answers and research information is nothing like it was in the past. Literally having answers at your finger tips 

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I kept telling my Ex's daughter how I would have killed to have Google instead of the Dewey Decimal system when I was younger. The speed the kids these days can get answers and research information is nothing like it was in the past. Literally having answers at your finger tips 

Yes...but most have zero practical skills.

Its going to be a world where everyone has the answers....but no one has the skills to do anything for themselves. 

LOL not hardly. And this generation is LOST they cant run circles around shit if they cant look it up first.   no question we change over time, but kids today are losing skills and simple ones at that at an alarming rate.  there is less hands on" to most everything they do, or dont do..

if they have to get dirty for one. i look at how whimpy most kids are today.   i was at my old high school not long ago and couldnt get over the low numbers in sports. i didnt see one student that stood out as a rugged individule. its a vocational school covering twelve towns  so its not confined to one.

i would gladly debate this further but i have to go get violated @ the hospital :thumbdown2:

Edited by old indy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, old indy said:

LOL not hardly. And this generation is LOST they cant run circles around shit if they cant look it up first.   no question we change over time, but kids today are losing skills and simple ones at that at an alarming rate.  there is less hands on" to most everything they do, or dont do..

if they have to get dirty for one. i look at how whimpy most kids are today.   i was at my old high school not long ago and couldnt get over the low numbers in sports. i didnt see one student that stood out as a rugged individule. its a vocational school covering twelve towns  so its not confined to one.

Spot on.

Yes.

Sorry "bun boy" but most important real world technical problems can't be solved with Google.  But the modern tech does give us real time info.

Coming out of most schools, kids are still pretty green, the main difference today is they clearly know what they are learning is pretty much a waste. 

24 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Smh.  I wonder what your thoughts are on the full frontal assault against Trump in much of the media right now?  Can you put that in context? Do you disagree with it?   I understand that many generations look to the younger generations and see weakness and ignorance.  I’m not doing that even though I often feel that way I don’t think I’ve ever seen a younger generation write off the older generation as if they are less informed, have less critical thinking skills, have less life experience or are somehow inferior to their own generation.   But that seems to be the bullshit that you are trying to perpetuate.  Arrogance and ignorance doesn’t even begin to describe it.  I am the parent of two successful young millennial’s, thank God they don’t have your attitude.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So everyone thinks this video is accurate, yet they are also people who post 20 hours a day. Irony. I don’t know about you guys, but I can multitask. They are also the people who eat up staged digital narratives and are hyper partisans... Again, irony... Hate to break it to you but kids may use their phones a lot, yet that isn’t somehow making them incapable of social interaction in person. Funny how every generation since the beginning of time thinks the following generation is somehow fucking up. 

Obviously hit a nerve with WanabeeHipsterPawn not Ironic at all but very predictable :finger: 

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Smh.  I wonder what your thoughts are on the full frontal assault against Trump in much of the media right now?  Can you put that in context? Do you disagree with it?   I understand that many generations look to the younger generations and see weakness and ignorance.  I’m not doing that even though I often feel that way I don’t think I’ve ever seen a younger generation write off the older generation as if they are less informed, have less critical thinking skills, have less life experience or are somehow inferior to their own generation.   But that seems to be the bullshit that you are trying to perpetuate.  Arrogance and ignorance doesn’t even begin to describe it.  I am the parent of two successful young millennial’s, thank God they don’t have your attitude.

Arrogance and Ignorance...you just described yourself perfectly!!🤣🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Arrogance and Ignorance...you just described yourself perfectly!!🤣🤣

Bitter and frustrated, we all have our burdens Jimmy.....  :news:   Ignorant I am not.  Arrogant?  Sure, I can be when it’s deserved and called for.

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Bitter and frustrated, we all have our burdens Jimmy.....  :news:   Ignorant I am not.  Arrogant?  Sure, I can be when it’s deserved and called for.

You live in a little partisan bubble and view everything through that prism and just the fact you made that comment about arrogance reinforces what I said. BTW WTF does Trump  have to do with any of this?

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

My attitude? I don’t know your kids, but I’m sure they are great. You want to disparage me for what reason? Becuase I have an opinion that should be every generation’s goal? The one where the next generation is better educated and equipped than they were. Think about this post when you are whining about other posters making things personal. I didn’t, and I still won’t.

• Like 1

My attitude? I don’t know your kids, but I’m sure they are great. You want to disparage me for what reason? Becuase I have an opinion that should be every generation’s goal? The one where the next generation is better educated and equipped than they were. Think about this post when you are whining about other posters making things personal. I didn’t, and I still won’t.

What good is education if you cant help yourself?

15 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Spot on but he won’t see or acknowledge any of it.