Check your account email address ×

Fucking Cat 1000

f7ben

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

My 1004 art motor is higher compression than stock and its 100% easier to pull over than this asshole twin

Strange shit.  Good luck.  Gotta new 1.375" on the F6.....  I'm interested to see how that works.

56 minutes ago, Anler said:

Groom it down and I will be up in 2 weeks! 

Opening Vilas and parts of Oneida tomorrow.  Vilas at 9AM and Oneida and 5PM.  Tooooooo soon is my guess. 

Just now, jammin said:

Strange shit.  Good luck.  Gotta new 1.375" on the F6.....  I'm interested to see how that works.

Opening Vilas and parts of Oneida tomorrow.  Vilas at 9AM and Oneida and 5PM.  Tooooooo soon is my guess. 

Nice....cobra?

Just now, jammin said:

I dont know if its going to be all that great tho, John. Ive been watching and there just hasnt been that much snow and lots of rain. 

Here is current at Land o lakes

trail.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nice....cobra?

Not sure, YS bought it for me and installed it.   Mine was toast with a small tare and 15 missing studs.  He also did drive shaft bearings, a few wheels, slides, chain and clutch service.  What a great gift  :bc: 

• Like 1

Just now, jammin said:

Not sure, YS bought it for me and installed it.   Mine was toast with a small tare and 15 missing studs.  He also did drive shaft bearings, a few wheels, slides, chain and clutch service.  What a great gift  :bc: 

Wtf? Are you a chick??? You dont even know what kind of track is on your sled? It's like talking sleds with my wife....

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Is going to kill me. Motherfucker is almost impossible to start when cold.

There are 3 other 1000s in my group and they pull over with half the effort mine does when cold. 

I've read of other engines being dicks like this one. 

It's either piece together a cobbled m6/f1000 restart kit or sell the motherfucker. 

f7ben = owned

Probably got a Coors Light can stuck in there! :bigfinger:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jammin said:

Yep @Anler-  They should wait a week yet.  My daughter is headed to Lac Du Flam today for a xmass event..... shes going to send pictures later.  Let me know when ya'll plan to go somewhere.    :bc: 

Vince is probably up in the yoop right now, havent heard from him but Im thinking he would have to be on the far north shore to have any decent snow. Most reports I have seen havent been very good. 

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

An Arctic Cat is an unreliable POS? Color me shocked.

Where did you get that from? It's been very reliable....and I didnt have to borrow it from my mom!!11

Just now, Wildboer said:

Reliably difficult to start...

Yes....you wouldnt know anything about that being you ride girly 600s

My daughter could start the sleds you ride. This is a fucking man sled. If you wanna ride like a man then hernias and torn rotators are part of the game

• Haha 1

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Some of the older poo 800’s were shipped with high compression heads. They’d measure at 150psi and be a real bitch to start cold. The trick was to roll it over real slow 3-4x and then giver. Worked like a charm. 

Yah...I do that and then go as far as making sure I have one piston at tdc and a full throw on the recoil.

Once warmed up it's good for the day

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Not sure it was mentioned yet, but use that new CAT oil, much thinner.

You ever left a jug of the old older CAT oil in the freezing cold and tried to poor it......

I've tried different oils and it made no difference. I'm just running injex pro in these machines now. 

Edited by f7ben

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes....you wouldnt know anything about that being you ride girly 600s

My daughter could start the sleds you ride. This is a fucking man sled. If you wanna ride like a man then hernias and torn rotators are part of the game

Then why are you on here bitching you need to find ES or find a new sled? Real men don't whine.