Check your account email address ×

Ski Doo 900 ace turbo!

Anler

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Z1t or z1?

Z1 turbo....he had a speedwerx 4 stage on it before. It never ran right. Talked him into putting everything back to stock and going with the d&d flash. Sled is an animal now. It will throw an octane code with any more weight in the primary than stock or even too much helix. 

It needs to rev out quick and well past 8k or it's too octane sensitive. That how they get away with running 18lbs of boost on pump gas. Light clutching

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Z1 turbo....he had a speedwerx 4 stage on it before. It never ran right. Talked him into putting everything back to stock and going with the d&d flash. Sled is an animal now. It will throw an octane code with any more weight in the primary than stock or even too much helix. 

It needs to rev out quick and well past 8k or it's too octane sensitive. That how they get away with running 18lbs of boost on pump gas. Light clutching

Youre starting to sound like gs now...read what you just said the last few posts....

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes. Same scam that TD did

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Yes. Same scam that TD did

It works well for what it is. If you want the fastest setup possible good gas and heavy clutching will be quicker boost for boost but you are risking detonation loading it hard down low

Just now, f7ben said:

How about you highlight what it is you have issue with....I'm not following 

Well you didnt mention he had a shitty set up before....you just said his sled was slow. Unless i missed it.

17 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Well you didnt mention he had a shitty set up before....you just said his sled was slow. Unless i missed it.

His shitty setup before was still faster than a stock z1

9 minutes ago, Roosting said:

makes 40% more power at engagement.................

No...it makes excellent peak power. They have to limit torque through the lower rpms and let it rev up high.

Take a ride on a stock turbo cat and the ride one with just a slingshot flash added. It feels like an additional 100hp because it is an additional 100 hp

39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's not even my sled. I just helped him with it. He was middle of the pack. My stock Polaris 800 used to spank him.

Now he destroys my 1004 and cfr1000

Nothing more than a tune and stock clutching. It is damn impressive

I dont think I ever lost a race on that Polaris. It was so fucking quick out of the hole. 

In my group are 3 crossfire 1000 , f7 , cfr800 , apex , gade 850 and the z1

Polaris ate all their lunch time after time

25 minutes ago, Roosting said:

sounds like a bandaid upgrade to me.

But faster is faster just not sure I like the way it's being done. IMO (this is regarding pump gas upgrade)

It's just a tuning strategy. The results speak for themselves. There is speed left on the table no doubt but when you are talking about 275hp trail sleds squeezing every last drop out only matters on the timers. They destroy stock sleds so bad it's not even funny

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It's just a tuning strategy. The results speak for themselves. There is speed left on the table no doubt but when you are talking about 275hp trail sleds squeezing every last drop out only matters on the timers. They destroy stock sleds so bad it's not even funny

I still lol at people thinking they’re getting 275 hp on pump gas lol

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I still lol at people thinking they’re getting 275 hp on pump gas lol

It might be 260 or it might be 280. 

The damn thing is making 18.5 psi of boost or so. That is 250+ even on a conservative dyno and it runs like it

Just now, f7ben said:

It might be 260 or it might be 280. 

The damn thing is making 18.5 psi of boost or so. That is 250+ even on a conservative dyno and it runs like it

Or like 220 in the real world 

260-280 would make it beat a 1000 improver. But in reality they’ll run with ISR stock 800’s 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Or like 220 in the real world 

260-280 would make it beat a 1000 improver. But in reality they’ll run with ISR stock 800’s 

It's a matter of weight. A full weight z1 is a chore to get off the line. Take one out making 18lbs boost and run it from 80-125 though and it will give you a boner.

They are making the power....its just too much weight for short races

Set that ISR 800 up for a 2000' race a d it gets beaten by a lot of sled lengths

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It's a matter of weight. A full weight z1 is a chore to get off the line. Take one out making 18lbs boost and run it from 80-125 though and it will give you a boner.

They are making the power....its just too much weight for short races

Set that ISR 800 up for a 2000' race a d it gets beaten by a lot of sled lengths

Man I’ve played with those sleds a lot in different forms. You’re not getting an honest 270 hp out of it on pump gas. Not even close. But yes a pump gas tune and good clutching and they’re a different animal over Stock. Stock they’re slow. But you can gain 40-50 hp over Stock on pump gas and that’s a lot and that’s what you’re feeling.