Check your account email address ×

Mace/Pepper Spray Questions?

Ok, so my wife is gonna road trip it and go visiit some family by herself (I dodged that bullet) and isn't comfortably carrying a gun but wants some protection.  She asked me to check on maybe some pepper spray for her?  Any of your wives carry it?  What's good (as close to deadly as possible) but still user friendly...like women or Antifa user friendly?  :lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Ok, so my wife is gonna road trip it and go visiit some family by herself (I dodged that bullet) and isn't comfortably carrying a gun but wants some protection.  She asked me to check on maybe some pepper spray for her?  Any of your wives carry it?  What's good (as close to deadly as possible) but still user friendly...like women or Antifa user friendly?  :lmao:

Pepper spray is ok unless the assailant built up a resilience to it, like uncle snotty has.... :lol:

• Haha 2

I never tried CS, CN, yup, long time ago though.

OC – this is probably one of the most common and popular forms of pepper spray. OC stands for Oleoresin Capsicum. The active ingredient is capsaicin which is derived from peppers. The remaining ingredients are mainly fillers. Capsaicin is not soluble in water. Victims are encouraged to blink excessively to produce tears that will flush your eyes and to not touch other body parts as to not spread the substance. There are wipes available to help remove the pepper spray.

CS – or tear gas is an agent that can be used alone or is also combined with OC spray for added affects. Even though there are about 15 types of tear gas, CS is most popular because has shown to be more effective including mild tearing to immediate vomiting to causing the victim to get in a submissively prone position. It is often used for riot control or to force people out of an area. CS can be found in aerosol canisters or can be deployed by grenades.

CN – is another form of tear gas available to and primarily used by military and police agencies. CN has fallen by the wayside as pepper spray works faster. CN has similar affects to CS gas and also include temporary loss of balance and even permanent skin damage. Affects of CN gas last longer than that of CS.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...it sounds like some potent bear strength pepper spray may do it.  I've seen it so many times but never bought any so...this is kinda weird.

Just get a big canister, the small ones only spray a few seconds.

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Take Polaris 550 along for the ride.  He's about as " Bad Assed " as they get. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ruger sells some some nice concealable pepper spray.

if it's just for in her car and not walking around, pick up a can of 25' foaming wasp hornet spray on the cheap and she can blast a crowd with it

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Just get a big canister, the small ones only spray a few seconds.

She said, "I want something I can hook on my purse or key chain."  I just looked at her and shook my head...then handed her my little LCP.  :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ruger sells some some nice concealable pepper spray.

if it's just for in her car and not walking around, pick up a can of 25' foaming wasp hornet spray on the cheap and she can blast a crowd with it

That's true.

9 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Take Polaris 550 along for the ride.  He's about as " Bad Assed " as they get. 

I do have an old mag lite.  I think it's only a 4-D tho?  Doesn't he recomment at least a 5-D for handing out whoopins!  :lmao:

• Haha 1

Just now, hayward said:

You're ex-military, right?  Don't you have some sort of connections to muster up a case of hand granades or something?

I still have a few ammo cans filled with goodies...no grenades anymore though.  They were used up at a red neck forth of July celebration twenty years ago!  :lol: I can make her something but, not sure I want her being a suicide bomber to defeat a would be attacker.  :lmao: 

Fuck man!  She's blonde!  Even with spray......

Image result for dumb and dumber spray gif

• Confused 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Before you give it to her spray yourself. Then if you think it would stop you let her have it. I wouldn't do it as I don't believe it would stop someone. Ive been shot point blank ( drunk ) and all it did was piss me off.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Before you give it to her spray yourself. Then if you think it would stop you let her have it. I wouldn't do it as I don't believe it would stop someone. Ive been shot point blank ( drunk ) and all it did was piss me off.

That's why CN works better, you ain't getting up if hit with that stuff..

44 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

This has been my theory too.  I think unless it's a direct hit with the right shit....somebody is gonna be really pissed!  From what I've been reading, some good pepper spray is supposed to be incapacitating.

16 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I thought Zam needed some in his purse for all the boys 

Whatchoo talkin' bout??  I welcome all my man rapings!!!  Reminds me of prison and keeps me grounded...kinda.  :lol: