Check your account email address ×

9/11 hijackers

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

servicemember civil relief acts been in existence for a long time but there definitely was a raised awareness about it in a post 9/11 as well as first gulf war.  Reality is most of the issue lies on the servicemember not  Halliburton.    service members make a huge amount of money mistakes from marrying whores while home on leave to spending every dime they have plus some

While i think there needs to be a basic how to spend/save money class as part of every high school curriculum in order to graduate the military really needs to do it for new soldiers as way too many make piss poor choices that follow them for years.   I see it all the time when going over past credit issues.  

the paycheck might not be high but let's not gloss over the tax free allowances for . E2 is making $1800/mo plus BAS and BAH.  Thats all in better than most of these guys are going to make a year out of HS in the private job world.  

I’m not really sure what pay or bennies are anymore.  None of my pay was “tax free” though.  I also served with plenty of financial retards that courted strippers and whores who quickly attached themselves to their wallets and benefits.

I’m sure pay has gone up but back in my day, it was a fucking joke.  I made an immediate 4x pay increase when I went into contracting.  And the military couldn’t figure out why their best was leaving to NOT go be part of the UN global peace force anymore.  :wall:

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’m not really sure what pay or bennies are anymore.  None of my pay was “tax free” though.  I also served with plenty of financial retards that courted strippers and whores who quickly attached themselves to their wallets and benefits.

I’m sure pay has gone up but back in my day, it was a fucking joke.  I made an immediate 4x pay increase when I went into contracting.  And the military couldn’t figure out why their best was leaving to NOT go be part of the UN global peace force anymore.  :wall:

E1-E4 with dependents based in Ft Benning is making $1600/mo in tax free allowances.   

Outside every post in America there are plenty of patriotic Americans waiting to take every dime they can off the service members from the car dealers to the strip joints to the bars.  And for too many of them it's the first time in their life they really have any walking around money so that grand in their pocket doesn't last too long.  

Got to be super hard for recruiters right now given the economy to get quality "blue collar" candidates.  Got to really rely on the GI bill to get those who want to go to college but those who would come in and fill trades jobs can now jump into training programs and make money right off.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

E1-E4 with dependents based in Ft Benning is making $1600/mo in tax free allowances.   

Outside every post in America there are plenty of patriotic Americans waiting to take every dime they can off the service members from the car dealers to the strip joints to the bars.  And for too many of them it's the first time in their life they really have any walking around money so that grand in their pocket doesn't last too long.  

Got to be super hard for recruiters right now given the economy to get quality "blue collar" candidates.  Got to really rely on the GI bill to get those who want to go to college but those who would come in and fill trades jobs can now jump into training programs and make money right off.

Yeah, those looking for college money, vocational training or just plain “need a job” aren’t the ones I had any interest in serving with at all.  But, what I consider to be “quality recruits” won’t fill the rank and file needed to fill the masses of menial and mediocre seats that absolutely need to be filled.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, those looking for college money, vocational training or just plain “need a job” aren’t the ones I had any interest in serving with at all.  But, what I consider to be “quality recruits” won’t fill the rank and file needed to fill the masses of menial and mediocre seats that absolutely need to be filled.

Like proud boys?