Check your account email address ×

How many miles on 600 e-tech before top end rebuild?

ckf

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I hate them fuckers

Me and Wooloie were deep in the Crown and navigating the 1 mile ride home. Fucker came in on my blind side and boooof. Up and over the roof. Piece of grill and nose trim stickin up in the air. Wife was pleased. Still running it though...... :lol:

Edited by s pump

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

Me and Wooloie were deep in the Crown and navigating the 1 mile ride home. Fucker came in on my blind side and boooof. Up and over the roof. Piece of grill and nose trim stickin up in the air. Wife was pleased. Still running it though...... :lol:

There was several years my dad couldn't get full coverage on any vehicles because he totalled so many 

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

Keith and I took out a Bambi on the hill coming down into The Forks. Didn't even scratch the paint.

Well we know youd never hit one in your brown truck...unless it ran into you!!!

:lol:

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Well we know youd never hit one in your brown truck...unless it ran into you!!!

:lol:

I took out a fuckin' wild turkey on I95 last year. Or should I say he took out both windshields.

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I think the deer population is way down in northern Michigan. Don’t see nearly as many as we used to. 

At the risk of jinxing myself I will say that I have never hit a whitetail with my vehicle...not sure how I have avoided it.  That being said the population does seems to be down a little bit this year...same with Turkeys.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

At the risk of jinxing myself I will say that I have never hit a whitetail with my vehicle...not sure how I have avoided it.  That being said the population does seems to be down a little bit this year...same with Turkeys.

Maybe it’s just luck but it seems we had way more sled deer incidents 15-20 years ago in our group. :dunno: 

Ive never hit a deer either but have had many close calls. I did pick off a turkey on M66 south of kalkaska a few years back. 

40 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Maybe it’s just luck but it seems we had way more sled deer incidents 15-20 years ago in our group. :dunno: 

Ive never hit a deer either but have had many close calls. I did pick off a turkey on M66 south of kalkaska a few years back. 

Biggest problem here seems to be suicidal squirrels. Unfugginbelieveable.

6 hours ago, Snake said:

That's what's good about the area; super straights to let it run, and some tight stuff to test the nerve. Superb area.

Without a doubt. Best riding in North America in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I’ve seen some vids of the Maine and NH super highway trails.  Impressive.  We don’t have much like that in my area.  At least not where I ride.  A few straights but nothing 20+ feet wide.

bout 10 yrs ago snogoer was in northern Maine. Club knew they were coming and groomed ITS 90 4 groomers wide.

3 hours ago, s pump said:

98 mph...............weakkkk  :bc:  Blew my first belt on my 14 Cat right there at exactly 2000 miles and 100 mph........didn't she come uncunted.

I blew one on rte 120 in the allegash at that speed last winter. Snapped the fucking clutch spring and sent the chain tensioner bolt right thru the tensioner.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Actually agree. From P Farm to Saboomick is wide and fast.... with awesome sweepers, killer whoops... a fun ride.

Ive scared the shit out of myself more then once on that trail.

I’m still thinking about going with a 600 etec next year. Going to have to do some more research to see how many 10k+ mile ones are out there and see if the production 900 turbos perform better than the demos did last spring. The idea of a lighter sled excites me. Instead of making the 4 strokes lighter they seem to be going backwards.130 hp is perfect for the trails I ride. I don’t want a 200 hp turbo.

25 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I’m still thinking about going with a 600 etec next year. Going to have to do some more research to see how many 10k+ mile ones are out there and see if the production 900 turbos perform better than the demos did last spring. The idea of a lighter sled excites me. Instead of making the 4 strokes lighter they seem to be going backwards.130 hp is perfect for the trails I ride. I don’t want a 200 hp turbo.

That new 600e in the G4 runs really nice. Goes like hell up to 92, and then you’re done.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

That new 600e in the G4 runs really nice. Goes like hell up to 92, and then you’re done.

Yeah, I got to try one twice last year. Loved it. 92 is fine with me. The top speed on my GPS last year was 87. I just like a 30-60 punch and it had that. Just worried about longevity.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Go to quebec or northern ontario...you will change your mind i believe.

I was pretty impressed with Quebec. They are serious about the maintenance of their trails. 

• Like 1