Check your account email address ×

How many miles on 600 e-tech before top end rebuild?

ckf

1 hour ago, rump-rider said:

Who changes oil twice a year? :lol: By mistake I went 2 years without changing it one time. I just get mine done at the dealer...it’s only like $80 at mine.

Always changed mine before the season and after....nbd.

Just now, J. Jackson said:

Given that it will be ridden in Vt and NH I believe it'll last 10k plus as long as its been stored properly. Average speed in my area is probably 40-50 max due to trails and road crossings.

Etecs are easy to summarize...literally they do it themselves with a push of a button.

24 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Given that it will be ridden in Vt and NH I believe it'll last 10k plus as long as its been stored properly. Average speed in my area is probably 40-50 max due to trails and road crossings.

Bingo! He will be riding central NH. The trails there have gotten better over the years, but most of it is tight twisty woods and up and down hills. Top speed on the open stretches is usually under 70.Average speed is probably 35-40mph.   A 600 is fine, unless you have a small penis :news: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i think i burned 12 gallons last winter at 45 per.  i get about 400 miles to a tank of oil at that point it's through the low warning and screaming so i started carrying/buying a quart on long days.  

You run close to 5000 miles a season? Impressive....

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Best bud had one. Ran out of gas several times before anyone else and blown up at 4k miles holding it wfo for miles trying to keep up going down the river. It's a chick sled

A 600 is more than enough for NH trails tho .  If I ever went back to riding here I'd probly buy a 500 Sno Pro or even a Barney 570 .   :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Average speed yes, but there are places one can rip it 

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

A 600 is more than enough for NH trails tho .  If I ever went back to riding here I'd probly buy a 500 Sno Pro or even a Barney 570 .   :bc:

Same with VT. Northern Maine even my poo 800 runs out of legs. Only sled I ever owned that didn't up there was older xcr 800's.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Average speed yes, but there are places one can rip it 

The only places someone might want more where he will be riding would be the railbed to Conway (fish & game speed trap) and Winni. Even in those places the 600 will do fine.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

The only places someone might want more where he will be riding would be the railbed to Conway (fish & game speed trap) and Winni. Even in those places the 600 will do fine.

Heading north out of Nash stream midweek one can have a whole lot of fun. But a 600 would still do fine. If all I rode was VT and NH I would probably ride a 600.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

"Yes you could be ripping and having fun but a 600 making noise and going 87mph will do fine"

What in the fuck am I reading....sweet fuck everyone kill yourselves

If someone wants a 600 wtf do you care...

Geeezus.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Heading north out of Nash stream midweek one can have a whole lot of fun. But a 600 would still do fine. If all I rode was VT and NH I would probably ride a 600.

That used to one of our favorite trails when we rode out of Stewartstown. Millsfield was always fun too. Pittsburg gets boring after a while :bc:

There is also some fast riding to be had in VT , right in your area.

Yup but a 600 is still enough IMO. It's not like you are holding it to the bar for very long. , Lewis Pond Road is one of my favorites. It's in the wildlife refuge though so there is a speed limit of 35 :lol: 

58 North from Charlestown is one of the nicest trails in the state

A buddy has a place just off 58.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

"Yes you could be ripping and having fun but a 600 making noise and going 87mph will do fine"

What in the fuck am I reading....sweet fuck everyone kill yourselves

87mph?? Who the fuck rides that fast!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!1!!

:ben:

17 hours ago, DAVE said:

Etecs are easy to summarize...literally they do it themselves with a push of a button.

Yeah, that is a cool little trick.  However, I like to start me sleds every few weeks or so and bath in the perfume so, I don’t summarize them.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, that is a cool little trick.  However, I like to start me sleds every few weeks or so and bath in the perfume so, I don’t summarize them.

Well you have a gay fuckin cat....they dont have late 2000s tech anyways.

:news: