Check your account email address ×

What have I been up to?

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nice job.  Can you give Snowrider some pointers, OK lots of pointers.

Thats an understatement....what an abortion that was.

:lol:

Good job MC

Ill fly you in and you can reno my dump while im in the desert for the winter. ;)

:bc:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XC.Morrison said:

Very nice MC!  I like the shaker style door and drawer fronts.  Did you also happen to use soft close slides and hinge hardware? 

Thanks. Yes I added the soft close. The top cabs are from a kitchen remodel I did 5 years ago. The bottoms are new unfinished. My wife painted them

22 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

Good  work MC.....when do you want to drive up Maine? I've got some work for you.....:lol::bc:

Thanks! I will pass Bob. I already spent 5 years on a complete rehab on the camp in Rangeley and am starting to get old...lol

Edited by Mainecat

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

That looks great.  I always am cautious about doing that for fear of water issues in a basement setting.

It’s a walkout. About half is below grade an we never had a water problem since we have been here.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It was the wife’s decision on the colors I was just the help. :)

Anytime we do something my wife know's the drill. Come back with 3 choices then we will choose from there. If ya ask me to go look at shit the project just will not happen.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, racer254 said:

That looks great.  I always am cautious about doing that for fear of water issues in a basement setting.

drain tile and 2 pumps and battery replacement every 2 yrs if it needs it or not .

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Some pics from the start...

757B97A0-36B6-42A9-9DFA-85377DCC5B3E.jpeg

4EC6F8D9-D383-462F-AC16-C0CABE1BD8C6.jpeg

D3DF011E-69DC-4275-9D70-10BE124FC9FC.jpeg

those old steel cabs are actually worth a few bucks now days .

guys are buying them at half restoring them beond what they were new in body shops for there pos mid center mod WW2 rambler that they will never get the money out of

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

those old steel cabs are actually worth a few bucks now days .

guys are buying them at half restoring them beond what they were new in body shops for there pos mid center mod WW2 rambler that they will never get the money out of

I have a entire wall set I pulled from a kitchen rehab on the last house that I painted black and they are hanging in our current garage. In fact I picked up 2 more of the same someone had out for trash pickup a few weeks back. Youngstown are the brand. Top of the line for their time, all had serial numbers stamped on them

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

We are on our third home plus the camp. I told the wife the tools are going up for sale soon!

Third!?!?  You guys reall nest up!  I think we're on 8-ish?  

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Anytime we do something my wife know's the drill. Come back with 3 choices then we will choose from there. If ya ask me to go look at shit the project just will not happen.

Yep...and that still doesn't work.  It's why I'm seemingly always in a state of fucking remodel.  Wife recently decided the corian countertops didn't work for her..so, off they went and into granite......and those spendy fucking countertops went to our local "Materials reclaimation center" where hopefully, somebody can use them.  Now, "the backsplash doesnt look right"  Retardedness.  THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING BUILDER SPEC HOUSE UNTIL I FOUND THE RIGHT PROPERTY TO BUILD ON!!!!!   :wall: 

This is why people hit women.  :lmao:Whatever.  She may as well suck the just rest of the life out of me.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

I have a entire wall set I pulled from a kitchen rehab on the last house that I painted black and they are hanging in our current garage. In fact I picked up 2 more of the same someone had out for trash pickup a few weeks back. Youngstown are the brand. Top of the line for their time, all had serial numbers stamped on them

we did a job last yr guy kicked out close to 20 g just to have all cabs media blasted smoothed out and painted at a body shop.then all hardware was shipped out to be 're plated . fucking crazy