Check your account email address ×

***SnowRider's Official Sled Wrenchin' Tips and Tricks Thread!!!!"******

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Speaking of that I watched a video on how to install the Grip n Rip kit and fuck that had disaster written all over it!!!!

It's very easy. Under an hour for the first one I did.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That works too!

You see LeMello Ball slap that Lithuanian dude? Awesome!

:lol:

Edited by Edmo

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah the whole thing has me reinvigorated about sledding even though Ben has me thinking if I look at my sled sideways it will crumple like a beer can!!!!!!!🧐😜😋

Lightness comes at a price.  It's not as bad as we make fun of though.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't look at my nuns after every shit-poor landing though.  But, it all held up fine. Kinda like most obvious sledding advice, it's always best to try to NOT hit shit that will stop forward momentum.  My last boo boo doing that was epic!!!  GOD DAMN IT!!!! :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lightness comes at a price.  It's not as bad as we make fun of though.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't look at my nuns after every shit-poor landing though.  But, it all held up fine. Kinda like most obvious sledding advice, it's always best to try to NOT hit shit that will stop forward momentum.  My last boo boo doing that was epic!!!  GOD DAMN IT!!!! :lmao:

Hitting even trail moguls with the skis turned will result in a tweaked smod...  you have to either hit shit with skis straight or slow way down going into banged up corners

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I wish someone would slap their old man Lavar.

:lol: If there’s one guy in America with a bigger ego than Trump it’s him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Actually, It kinda was.  I've fucked up a bunch of stuff as I learned shit over the years.  Nothing catastrophic...but only because I caught it first...or somebody else did.  :lol: 

I had my shock on upside down and Tom from Alaska pointed it out before I wrote it. Would a trash the inside of the track immediately. Also my younger son change the oil on my truck once unfortunately it was the transmission oil. It happens.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Polaris RMK weigh 416 pounds with a 155 track. Lighter than anything on the snow and tougher than an anvil. The doo design is there on purpose.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, s pump said:

Polaris RMK weigh 416 pounds with a 155 track. Lighter than anything on the snow and tougher than an anvil. The doo design is there on purpose.

For the purpose of pissing Off idiots

like me? 😜🤯

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Hitting even trail moguls with the skis turned will result in a tweaked smod...  you have to either hit shit with skis straight or slow way down going into banged up corners

That's not true. We've ridden tens of thousands of miles with new doos and the only time they Bend is when you hit something you shouldn't. Crossing railroad tracks or hitting a rock or stump will definitely bang them up but riding on a trail without hitting anything. Never saw that.

5 minutes ago, s pump said:

That's not true. We've ridden tens of thousands of miles with new doos and the only time they Bend is when you hit something you shouldn't. Crossing railroad tracks or hitting a rock or stump will definitely bang them up but riding on a trail without hitting anything. Never saw that.

knock on wood i have about 35k miles on xp, xs and revs and not a nun or s mod yet.  only had the grip and rip fulls set in 1 sled,  the lower a arm belly brace on 2.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

knock on wood i have about 35k miles on xp, xs and revs and not a nun or s mod yet.  only had the grip and rip fulls set in 1 sled,  the lower a arm belly brace on 2.  

Do the math on Matt, d-man, perm, Denis for miles and how many s modules and whatever the fuck they're called modulles have they trashed. Maybe I should have left out D Man.

16 minutes ago, s pump said:

I had my shock on upside down and Tom from Alaska pointed it out before I wrote it. Would a trash the inside of the track immediately. Also my younger son change the oil on my truck once unfortunately it was the transmission oil. It happens.

LOL!  When I got my XP, front shocks were on wrong side...first big bump I hit would have broken the piggys clean off.  Sad part is...shocks were on the wrong side on my RR also!  these are "trained techs" at the dealer doing this!!! Meh...shit happens.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Dude, maybe but I beat mine pretty hard and hit moguls about as hard as I could in many different directions (OH SHIT!!) and never bend up the front end. I'm 225 geared and can force my will on a sled pretty well.  I think as long as you aren't forced to a stop...should be good.  Good shocks must make the difference because, my chassis was the same as all XP's just with a tiny bit more bracing (XRS).   

QUIT SCARING THE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :lol:

8 minutes ago, s pump said:

Yeah.  Agreed.

16 minutes ago, s pump said:

I don't believe for a single second that chassis is any tougher than the Doos.  I've read about the same issues in the same quantities on both sides of that isle for years.

I've bent 3 myself all on XR chassis sleds. All of my friends bent every single one any of us has owned and I was with Preston when he bent his first one on a whooped out paved fucking bike trail.

I've changed many of them.....they are pop cans at best

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've bent 3 myself all on XR chassis sleds. All of my friends bent every single one any of us has owned and I was with Preston when he bent his first one on a whooped out paved fucking bike trail.

I prolly ride like a girl.   :lmao:

Somebody posted a video on HCS a while back where the bide caught the tilt trailer edge while loading it and bent the fuck out of it.  Funny as fuck!  ...but only because I was on a Cat by then.

Oooof.  Sorry Jimmy.  :lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Oh fuck I ain’t a skeered....I’ve hit my share of shit with all 4 makes and they all broke something...if it happens because I give it the stink eye then so be it! 😝😜👍🏿

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I prolly ride like a girl.   :lmao:

Somebody posted a video on HCS a while back where the bide caught the tilt trailer edge while loading it and bent the fuck out of it.  Funny as fuck!  ...but only because I was on a Cat by then.

Oooof.  Sorry Jimmy.  :lmao:

I bent one pulling it out of the back of my truck....snagged the carbide on the tail gate and she was tweaked. I must has cursed for 10 minutes straight. I was probably making up curse words in French. Faggot ass frogs from fucking faggot ass Valecourt Quebecoiuess

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oh fuck I ain’t a skeered....I’ve hit my share of shit with all 4 makes and they all broke something...if it happens because I give it the stink eye then so be it! 😝😜👍🏿

It's actually not a terrible job to change one. If you have an air riveter and are ok and wrenches it's a 5 hour job.....4 if you've done one before

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I bent one pulling it out of the back of my truck....snagged the carbide on the tail gate and she was tweaked. I must has cursed for 10 minutes straight. I was probably making up curse words in French. Faggot ass frogs from fucking faggot ass Valecourt Quebecoiuess

It's actually not a terrible job to change one. If you have an air riveter and are ok and wrenches it's a 5 hour job.....4 if you've done one before

LOLOL!!!!  I think i've dont that too...sounds like german to me though! :lol: 

Not sure why I don't have an air riveter yet...just put in another 20 or so by hand.  I bet I've put in well over 100 by hand in the past few years.  Shit get's old with steel rivets.

Just now, Zambroski said:

LOLOL!!!!  I think i've dont that too...sounds like german to me though! :lol: 

Not sure why I don't have an air riveter yet...just put in another 20 or so by hand.  I bet I've put in well over 100 by hand in the past few years.  Shit get's old with steel rivets.

Fucking harbor freight air riveter is the best tool I've ever stole from a buddy!!

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sounds like Wolfie and crew only do accessories work on their sleds.  I bet some had a bent s module and they had no clue.