Check your account email address ×

***SnowRider's Official Sled Wrenchin' Tips and Tricks Thread!!!!"******

6 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

to work on things you generally need some basic understanding of how something works.

Far too complicated for this asshole

The issue arises in the fact that it's tough to garner a basic fundamental understanding of even some simple systems unless you are willing to dig in and get your hands dirty the first time. 

Most aren't willing to make that first step

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The issue arises in the fact that it's tough to garner a basic fundamental understanding of even some simple systems unless you are willing to dig in and get your hands dirty the first time. 

very true I agree

1 minute ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

I was taking quadrajets apart and reassemble at age 7. Just for the hell of it cause I was so interested

I'd rather disassemble a fucking refrigerator than a carburator lolz

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Many can't.  My old man used to say, "Some people shouldn't even own BBQ tools."

How these types gravitate towards motorsports is amazing to me.  We've all seen and heard them tho...standing by their garaged, freshly armor alled machines, telling their idiot friends or otherwise unknowing, the stories of riding and wrenching prowess!!!!

:lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'd rather disassemble a fucking refrigerator than a carburator lolz

I still have my little hand powered drill and bits for drilling out my own jets. :lmao: Not sure why.  I'll never own a carb again...or don't think I will.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I still have my little hand powered drill and bits for drilling out my own jets. :lmao: Not sure why.  I'll never own a carb again...or don't think I will.

I have the zrt and love the sled. I hate carbs so much I have considered taking on an efi conversion for the big triple motor.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Many can't.  My old man used to say, "Some people shouldn't even own BBQ tools."

How these types gravitate towards motorsports is amazing to me.  We've all seen and heard them tho...standing by their garaged, freshly armor alled machines, telling their idiot friends or otherwise unknowing, the stories of riding and wrenching prowess!!!!

:lol:

The real truth is, those types take their sleds to the dealer even if it's just to change carbides. :lmao:

I hate  it when the metric adjustable wrench gets mixed up with left handed screwdrivers

I keep them in different buckets. :lmao:

Thank God Holleys came along.. best carburetor ever

I had a 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries I drug around on three different vehicles....til I finally sold it with my last wreck.  :lol: Loved that thing tho!

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I have the zrt and love the sled. I hate carbs so much I have considered taking on an efi conversion for the big triple motor.

Oooof.  I just don't wanna tackle those types of projects anymore.  Had a buddy do that to his old poo two years ago.  Fucked with it all season and squeaked 2 sets of pistons before he just gave up.  God damn he poured money into it...sold for parts.  Jesus.  Painful to watch it play out.  

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I keep them in different buckets. :lmao:

I had a 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries I drug around on three different vehicles....til I finally sold it with my last wreck.  :lol: Loved that thing tho!

Oooof.  I just don't wanna tackle those types of projects anymore.  Had a buddy do that to his old poo two years ago.  Fucked with it all season and squeaked 2 sets of pistons before he just gave up.  God damn he poured money into it...sold for parts.  Jesus.  Painful to watch it play out.  

The worst of it would be getting a pickup machined for timing and modding a set of throttle bodies.

I think maybe apex parts might work

Just now, f7ben said:

The worst of it would be getting a pickup machined for timing and modding a set of throttle bodies.

I think maybe apex parts might work

This post made me shudder.  :lmao: I don't have that shit in me anymore.

Still, it'd be cool to show that being done as you go in a thread.   :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Dealers would not survive if people didn’t use their service departments...they don’t make shit on the sale of the sled.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks