Check your account email address ×

This bull market run has echoes of the late 1920s, Nobel Prize-winning economist Shiller says

7 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

At least it’ll get the phony out of the White House. 

all I need to do is read the post headline and know that your seething hatred for trump is on full display.

Don't you assholes get tired of losing?

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I THink it's going to be fine for a while yet. If I'm correct then you can recommend me for the Nobel Peace prize!

It will be. The ingrediants for a crash are not in place yet.

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

:lol: 

Again, nothing changes for me in the long game.

Its always better to focus all your attention on the one year in seven the markets average down.  That always gets you better results.

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I think the same.

Wutcha laffin at?

You hopin' I can buy up your street for half price sooner?  :lol: Imagine....I'd rent it all out to some fine democrats though.  You'd enjoy the quality diversity I'm sure.  :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

World's completely different now so any comparison is just silly. 

Not really, markets tend to go up over the long run, that won't change anytime soon.  The one constant that has always been present is risk.

20 years ago (1995), the dumbest of dumb fuck pension managers could get a 7.5% return being in all bonds and fixed income.

10 years ago (2005) that changed to 50% bonds 50% stocks to hit 7.5%,  today its about 90% of investments are in what would be considered volatile to hit that target.

Portfolio risk has shot up in order to meet pension obligations. 

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not really, markets tend to go up over the long run, that won't change anytime soon.  The one constant that has always been present is risk.

20 years ago (1995), the dumbest of dumb fuck pension managers could get a 7.5% return being in all bonds and fixed income.

10 years ago (2005) that changed to 50% bonds 50% stocks to hit 7.5%,  today its about 90% of investments are in what would be considered volatile to hit that target.

Portfolio risk has shot up in order to meet pension obligations. 

I think automatic trade calls make the market more volatile as well.   Buy stock xyz at $90 a share and if it drops X% automatically sell.

What makes me worry is plenty of value in this market came from QE.   What makes me feel safe is that its continued to perform even with QT going on.

I'll be cashing out quite a bit of one of my accounts this week as I have other needs for it and have killed it the past 3 years.   I'm sure by the time I build back up that value it will have dropped to levels much below where it is right now.   I saved myself massive losses in 2007 doing this when building my home.  

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I think automatic trade calls make the market more volatile as well.   Buy stock xyz at $90 a share and if it drops X% automatically sell.

What makes me worry is plenty of value in this market came from QE.   What makes me feel safe is that its continued to perform even with QT going on.

I'll be cashing out quite a bit of one of my accounts this week as I have other needs for it and have killed it the past 3 years.   I'm sure by the time I build back up that value it will have dropped to levels much below where it is right now.   I saved myself massive losses in 2007 doing this when building my home.  

Those work both ways, buy and sell.

I'm not to concerned, I have another 40 years in the markets or until I kick the bucket and at least another decade before I would even consider calling it quits.  Always good to build up cash and buy on a drop, but I'm not changing my strategy anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Those work both ways, buy and sell.

I'm not to concerned, I have another 40 years in the markets or until I kick the bucket and at least another decade before I would even consider calling it quits.  Always good to build up cash and buy on a drop, but I'm not changing my strategy anytime soon.

Completely agree on them working both ways but with where some things are at I think there is more on the sell side but hey I'm no expert.

I don't have 40 years left in and I'm not touching my main accounts.   Just liquidating about 40% of my account that I do all my personal trading in.   A good RE opportunity came up and instead of financing I'm going to pay cash.  Just diversifying really.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Completely agree on them working both ways but with where some things are at I think there is more on the sell side but hey I'm no expert.

I don't have 40 years left in and I'm not touching my main accounts.   Just liquidating about 40% of my account that I do all my personal trading in.   A good RE opportunity came up and instead of financing I'm going to pay cash.  Just diversifying really.  

I hear you.  Good luck on the real estate, its always good to diversify.

The money I have set aside for the cottage rebuild is very conservative (non-market) since we plan to start in 2020, however if the market does tank before that, I see myself loading up and putting off the rebuild for another year or two.:lol:

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Not gonna be a crash like the 20's ever again, but corrections do happen and always will. I've done well in the markets since I first got in way back in 1967.

Not likely 2008 either, at least not anytime soon.