Check your account email address ×

This bull market run has echoes of the late 1920s, Nobel Prize-winning economist Shiller says

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I hear you.  Good luck on the real estate, its always good to diversify.

The money I have set aside for the cottage rebuild is very conservative (non-market) since we plan to start in 2020, however if the market does tank before that, I see myself loading up and putting off the rebuild for another year or two.:lol:

Reality is my gains the past 2 years are allowing me to do all cash and not reducing this account by more than 50% after taxes.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not likely 2008 either, at least not anytime soon.

People forget the positive impact the new tax rules are having on the markets.  

People and companies have more money so some of it gets put into the market.   Pretty simple form of supply and demand.  

53 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is my gains the past 2 years are allowing me to do all cash and not reducing this account by more than 50% after taxes.  

Well you guys do have some great real estate deals unlike here.

In other news, the Dow is closing in on 27000.

Well you guys do have some great real estate deals unlike here.

In other news, the Dow is closing in on 27000.

tell that to people in places like san fran, metro boston etc where prices are comparable to the GTO.  RE is all about location and finding a deal in locations people really want to be in hard.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

tell that to people in places like san fran, metro boston etc where prices are comparable to the GTO.  RE is all about location and finding a deal in locations people really want to be in hard.  

Sure, but unlike those places, half of Canada's population lives here.:lol:

Then again, were not the Hampton's.

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I think it will be OK til 2020, then maybe a correction. 

I think so too, barring any global warfare uprisings or other shenanigans my industry intel says things are looking good for the next year or two. 

3 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I think so too, barring any global warfare uprisings or other shenanigans my industry intel says things are looking good for the next year or two. 

That is in line with what I've heard but who really knows.

I have been sternly warned since 2012 that I've been taking too much risk from the premier wealth managers in Canada, pretty sure not one of the dime a dozen twits could hit the 7.5% target the pension managers need to cover over the long haul.

That is in line with what I've heard but who really knows.

I have been sternly warned since 2012 that I've been taking too much risk from the premier wealth managers in Canada, pretty sure not one of the dime a dozen twits could hit the 7.5% target the pension managers need to cover over the long haul.

Im pretty conservative as this stage. But you gotta run with the bulls while you can!

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Im pretty conservative as this stage. But you gotta run with the bulls while you can!

Stages/cycles?

I don't run with the short term.  It's a long term plan and strategy, really.

If I knew what the dips would be then that could be a different game.