Check your account email address ×

Dynotech Dyno sheet on the Poo 850 not to impressive

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This thread is out of control over on HCS.  Funny as fuck!  "It's a god damn hypersled!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I bet it's gonna be a true 160+hp sled out of the dealer though.  So..that's good!

Hcs is still around?

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This thread is out of control over on HCS.  Funny as fuck!  "It's a god damn hypersled!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I bet it's gonna be a true 160+hp sled out of the dealer though.  So..that's good!

I makes 167hp the problem is the Etec makes 170 and it makes power sooner and it makes more torque. This motor has fusion written all over it

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I makes 167hp the problem is the Etec makes 170 and it makes power sooner and it makes more torque. This motor has fusion written all over it

My faith in 800 class Poo motors is, well, fleeting.  But I hope you are wrong.  I know this, those Poo engineers leaned that mother fucker way out to draw the numbers in the 170's.  Much like Doo when they got 164 out of the 800etec and the 170 number out of the 850.  It's bullshit.  STILL,  These should both be consistant 160+hp out of the box.  It's a gain...if  they stay together.  I heard a nasty rumor I can't verify that Doo ran out of complete motors replacing them under warranty.  I find it hard to believe but....HYPERSLEDS!!!!!

Just now, Zambroski said:

My faith in 800 class Poo motors is, well, fleeting.  But I hope you are wrong.  I know this, those Poo engineers leaned that mother fucker way out to draw the numbers in the 170's.  Much like Doo when they got 164 out of the 800etec and the 170 number out of the 850.  It's bullshit.  STILL,  These should both be consistant 160+hp out of the box.  It's a gain...if  they stay together.  I heard a nasty rumor I can't verify that Doo ran out of complete motors replacing them under warranty.  I find it hard to believe but....HYPERSLEDS!!!!!

There should be no reason why they can't get 170 hp out of an 800 to an 850cc motor. prostock 800's make 230 now. 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Etecs are pretty solid engines, I would have zero issue owning another one. But I feel that skidoo is nickel and diming everything they can on these sleds now. Poo is horny and making a great product. Everything on the poo is beefier than on the doo. And the poo 800's have been performing well. Ill give my money to poo for now because fuck Trudeau! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

There should be no reason why they can't get 170 hp out of an 800 to an 850cc motor. prostock 800's make 230 now. 

X2 I thought I heard someone in YouTube video saying there is modified 144cc dirt bike engine making 50 horsepower!! That’s insane for being 144cc , I will see if I can find it in my history viewing tab 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Etecs are pretty solid engines, I would have zero issue owning another one. But I feel that skidoo is nickel and diming everything they can on these sleds now. Poo is horny and making a great product. Everything on the poo is beefier than on the doo. And the poo 800's have been performing well. Ill give my money to poo for now because fuck Trudeau! 

The Polaris fit and finish garbage, The controls are garbage, now this dyno sheet comes out and the motor makes good peak power but look at the gap of power down low. That doesn't look good to me 

Just now, jtssrx said:

Well, how long do you want it to last?  How much you wanna pay?  

I've long been of the belief that an 150hp EFI consumer 800 2stroke is about the pinnacle for performance+reliability in a sled.  These engines are just beat to death.  Trying to get more out of it doesn't make sense to me.  But, I ride a girls sled so......  :lol:

They are all "nickel and diming" them.  It's cheaper to just add a fat warranty on them then to build them better. 

I'd go back to a Doo also.  But never see any reason to go other than a properly geared and clutced 600 again.

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

The Polaris fit and finish garbage, The controls are garbage, now this dyno sheet comes out and the motor makes good peak power but look at the gap of power down low. That doesn't look good to me 

the controls are not as good as on the skidoo but the PIDD gauge on the poo is best in biz and LED headlight should be standard on every new sled. Fuck skidoo for charging $300 for an accessory light so you can fucking see. 

The Axys chassis is still the best out there and its stronger and lighter than the doo. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, how long do you want it to last?  How much you wanna pay?  

I've long been of the belief that an 150hp EFI consumer 800 2stroke is about the pinnacle for performance+reliability in a sled.  These engines are just beat to death.  Trying to get more out of it doesn't make sense to me.  But, I ride a girls sled so......  :lol:

They are all "nickel and diming" them.  It's cheaper to just add a fat warranty on them then to build them better. 

I'd go back to a Doo also.  But never see any reason to go other than a properly geared and clutced 600 again.

Longevity of a 170 HP motor should be no problem. My pro 700 made 190 "A Yamaha small cases" It put countless passes on it no issues and it was tweaked to the max. The 190 was on Carl Galloways dyno not Dynotech

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Well this is surprising lol not

dynotech is on the generous side too 

Yup, and the Poolaris engineers travelled with the sled, and were on hand while the dyno sessions were going on. Any chance the broke in ECU was a hot one ? 

Wonder if the new motor vibrates as bad as the old 800 ? That mfrrrr gave me carpel tunnel issues, and I only rode it for about 20 minutes. LOL

Couldn,t wait to get back on my smooth, heavy 4 stroke.

the controls are not as good as on the skidoo but the PIDD gauge on the poo is best in biz and LED headlight should be standard on every new sled. Fuck skidoo for charging $300 for an accessory light so you can fucking see. 

The Axys chassis is still the best out there and its stronger and lighter than the doo. 

The nickle and diming by Doo is spot on. I hear they will have LED headlights next year. I do like the PIDD but the Do plastic and paint are so much better. I think Ben said his bearings and bushings were shot in 1500 miles on his poo. I had no issue with either in 4000 miles on the Doo

Just now, jtssrx said:

Longevity of a 170 HP motor should be no problem. My pro 700 made 190 "A Yamaha small cases" It put countless passes on it no issues and it was tweaked to the max. The 190 was on Carl Galloways dyno not Dynotech

Yeah but "countless passes" isn't 2-3k miles a year with consumers that are increasingly growing ignorant on motorsport engines and technology.  Especially 2 stroke mils.  These god damn things are running themselves into efficiency melt downs.

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You're a little late to the party. :lmao:

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Making HP while being EPA compliant is not easy.

The EPA can suck it. People that buy into the EPA bullshit are fucktards. They are basically bending over and saying stick it in my ass

The poo panels pop off in about 30 seconds. Havent taken the panels off of a new G4 yet but on the XS you need tools to do that and heaven forbid you drop one of the 13 screws down in that engine compartment! And I have rolled a poo axys, zero damage. You do that with a skidoo and you are going to replace about $400 worth of plastics. 

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Making HP while being EPA compliant is not easy.

Exactly....JT wants to compare fucking pro stock motors running 11:1 AF to an EPA compliant 800.....good god

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

The poo panels pop off in about 30 seconds. Havent taken the panels off of a new G4 yet but on the XS you need tools to do that and heaven forbid you drop one of the 13 screws down in that engine compartment! And I have rolled a poo axys, zero damage. You do that with a skidoo and you are going to replace about $400 worth of plastics. 

The Poo is a much better sled in every aspect including price. The g4 is just a fancy xs