Check your account email address ×

US achieved every single objective it laid out in July 2017 for NAFTA

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Thanks for proving what I assumed, you are economically illiterate. 20% more of every car produced in NA (Not just American Company cars, but every car company that makes a car in NA) will not be able to source those parts in Asia or Europe. That is an enormous number. That is American, Canadian, and Mexican jobs. More so America and Canada since we have the ability to pay $16 an hour. 

Let’s put a number to it. In 2017, 17.8 million vehicles were produced in North America. 20% more of each one of those cars must now be wholly sourced in our countries. 40% of all 17.8 million vehicles components must now be made by someone making $16 an hour. That number is huge. That number is poised to be at 22.5 million vehicles in 5 years. 

Here are some more numbers: $33,380 is the average price of a new car. The industry avaerages $2000 per car for profit making your average cost to produce a car, $31,380. 22.5 million cars x $31,380 = $706 Billion a year that the “measley” 20% increase is added to. $706 Billion is what 40% of all components must have a $16 an hour employee producing. That’s one fucking year MCSlinger... 

you are making a hell of alot of assumptions in there, trump jr. mexican workers making $16 an hour including bennies is still much cheaper than here. you're also assuming the increase in auto parts will be made here in the US

:handjob:

Just now, Snoslinger said:

you are making a hell of alot of assumptions in there, trump jr. mexican workers making $16 an hour including bennies is still much cheaper than here. you're also assuming the increase in auto parts will be made here in the US

To know truly how big of a deal that $16/hr threshold is we need to know what percentage was at that pre trump’s glorious deal. 

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its complicated.

Not really. I haven’t seen any serious wins in either of his deals but plenty of political posturing and  cheering from the momo twins. 

Edited by frenchy

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, frenchy said:

Not really. I haven’t seen any serious wins in either of his deals but plenty of political posturing. 

That’s all Dump is but the 🤡 Posse eats it up. Pathological liar with low self esteem 

27 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Fine, leave it out. I don’t care. Just the 20% component increase on a $706B figure is huge. Use your head...

And let’s be clear. You are the only one assuming. I am definitively telling you 20% more parts and raw materials IE steel and aluminum will be sourced in North America. Does that all come here? No, it’s a trade deal with three countries, but to think the chunk that will come here is insignificant is partisan hackery of the highest order. 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Fine, leave it out. I don’t care. Just the 20% component increase on a $706B figure is huge. Use your head...

So huge it needed a new name..... :lmao: 

9 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Not really. I haven’t seen any serious wins in either of his deals but plenty of political posturing and  cheering from the momo twins. 

A lot of my customers in the US are automotive suppliers.  How does one measure where every dollar comes from or goes. 

Just now, SnowRider said:

So huge it needed a new name..... :lmao: 

Another nobody with zero economic acumen. Sorry that the new trade deal is better than the last. Is it the best thing ever written? No, but it’s better for Americans, Canadians, and Mexicans. That’s good for us. Sorry. 

6 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Another nobody with zero economic acumen. Sorry that the new trade deal is better than the last. Is it the best thing ever written? No, but it’s better for Americans, Canadians, and Mexicans. That’s good for us. Sorry. 

Dude - it’s cute watching you lick Bens nuts.  You’re a Dumper and this deal is way overblown like the rest of his claims.  You’re not any smarter than the average uneducated Dumper.  SBYL.  But you’re struggling and if it were a big deal the name change would be obvious.  Instead it’s a ploy to enhance the scope of the tweaks.  Now take your lil pompous ass and STFU 👍

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Dude - it’s cute watching you lick Bens nuts.  You’re a Dumper and this deal is way overblown like the rest of his claims.  You’re not any smarter than the average uneducated Dumper.  SBYL.  But you’re struggling and if it were a big deal the name change would be obvious.  Instead it’s a ploy to enhance the scope of the tweaks.  Now take your lil pompous ass and STFU 👍

OK, So what exactly were you expecting to be a great trade deal?

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

OK, So what exactly were you expecting to be a great trade deal?

If Dump and his klan are going to hang their hat on making bigly changes to terrible trade agreements then those said changes should be obvious and drastic.....not minute ones that require splitting hairs.  

Take dairy....Canada opens yo their market by 3.5% and his uneducated minions tell is he saved the dairy industry. 

16 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

If Dump and his klan are going to hang their hat on making bigly changes to terrible trade agreements then those said changes should be obvious and drastic.....not minute ones that require splitting hairs.  

Take dairy....Canada opens yo their market by 3.5% and his uneducated minions tell is he saved the dairy industry. 

So nothing then?  As expected.

14 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You guys just don’t understand scale. 3.5% or 20% in the auto industry are significant improvements. Significant dollars and market opportunities for US sellers. Why do I feel like I’m talking to someone who couldn’t even describe the difference between macro and micro? 

The trade deal was supposed to help the US bigly, not NA. I don’t see a damn thing that guarantees more automotive jobs in the US tbh. Companies will continue to offshore higher paying jobs to Mexico because it’s still a big bargain, and will still meet the criteria of being made in NA. This was a big win for auto companies, and not the middle class. 

21 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You guys just don’t understand scale. 3.5% or 20% in the auto industry are significant improvements. Significant dollars and market opportunities for US sellers. Why do I feel like I’m talking to someone who couldn’t even describe the difference between macro and micro? 

Until you know for sure what % of car parts are imported outside NA, how the % is calculated and monitored, and know who will provide more supply down the road, thisbis nothing but a “trade deals 101” course right out of trump university