Check your account email address ×

New beater truck

01mxz800

My company is retiring some old work trucks and I picked up this gem for $500 bucks '00 F-250, 2wd 7.3 diesel 260k needs glow plugs was driven daily until this week, our pickup do not run in winter and condition shows

11809(1).jpeg

11811(1).jpeg

11808.jpeg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Good motor.

2wd so you wont have to worry about front end to much.

don't need another 4x4 got 2 now with plows and after this winter I want to lay up my Dakota and do some body work and update plow and a few other repairs and that is what I have been using for my beater truck and driving to work to keep dust off Ram 1500 so needed a new beater to take it's place

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Its highly desired....next to a 12 valve cummins of course.

Yeah, you guys are right, that 7.3 is a good motor really.  Certainly the most desired out of all the powerstrokes.  Even the non-turbo'd early ones you just couldn't kill.  But compared to the 12 valve, what a bitch to work on.  Fucking worthless high pressure oil pump, injector wires incorporated into the valve cover gasket,  and fierce expensive injectors to replace.  My dad had two 7.3's and one 6.0.  He liked em all except the 6.0 was a sensor eating beotch.   

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Yeah, you guys are right, that 7.3 is a good motor really.  Certainly the most desired out of all the powerstrokes.  Even the non-turbo'd early ones you just couldn't kill.  But compared to the 12 valve, what a bitch to work on.  Fucking worthless high pressure oil pump, injector wires incorporated into the valve cover gasket,  and fierce expensive injectors to replace.  My dad had two 7.3's and one 6.0.  He liked em all except the 6.0 was a sensor eating beotch.   

Dont get me started on a 6 leaker pos.

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Still running mine.

Me too. Just turned 310,000 Kms on my POS 6.0.

As bad as the rep is on the 6.0, mine's been a pretty descent mill. 3 injectors and 1 FICM, a set of tubes and a y pipe.