Check your account email address ×

Where’s woolie?

On 9/12/2018 at 9:49 PM, Angry ginger said:

TBH plenty of options but that situation worked. if it happens it happens if not it's a good reason to bail from this stupi expensive sport.  hopefully the drugs I got put on take away the anxiety like sledding did

I spent more on a weekend of Sea Dooing than a weekend of sledding, not even counting the room if I stay. :handjob:

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 7:09 PM, Kev144 said:

wolfie is a good dude, hes just a right wing wack job and very sensitive and emotional.  

Many snowflakes are actually nice people... Except nooks... 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I spent more on a weekend of Sea Dooing than a weekend of sledding, not even counting the room if I stay. :handjob:

All motorsports hobbies are money burners. Sleds, boats, bikes, cars, etc... They serve no practical purpose but to fullfill our enjoyment. Maintenance, upgrades, storage, gear, trailering, travel, fuel, accomodations and the ridiculous depreciation... Its a flame to money. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

All motorsports hobbies are money burners. Sleds, boats, bikes, cars, etc... They serve no practical purpose but to fullfill our enjoyment. Maintenance, upgrades, storage, gear, trailering, travel, fuel, accomodations and the ridiculous depreciation... Its a flame to money. 

I guess my point is, how can it be a stress reliever when all you worry about is the Benjamin?

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

YUP......and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I guess my point is, how can it be a stress reliever when all you worry about is the Benjamin?

you cant. I know its a waste of money and just ignore it. As do most enthusiasts. If you are worried about the cash then this isnt for you...

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

you cant. I know its a waste of money and just ignore it. As do most enthusiasts. If you are worried about the cash then this isnt for you...

Odd thing is he comes across as someone who SHOULDN"T have to worry about it.

Just my perception...

Reading some of the posts here, I’m reminded how funny it is to hear people say, “sledding trips” or “sled vacations”.

We just call it “goin’ riding”.  :lol:

If I couldn’t ride from my driveway, I’d move or get out of the sport all together.

I still don’t understand how this internet bullshit came between these two sledding buddies (apparently) that now one isn’t invited on trips anymore.  Especially these two.  Neither seem to be offensive to me.

What a shame.  I hope it gets rectified before snowfall.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Reading some of the posts here, I’m reminded how funny it is to hear people say, “sledding trips” or “sled vacations”.

If I couldn’t ride from my driveway, I’d move or get out of the sport all together.

I still don’t understand how this internet bullshit came between these two sledding buddies (apparently) that now one isn’t invited on trips anymore.  Especially these two.  Neither seem to be offensive to me.

It's always 'going riding'.

As far as 'traveling', an hour north in a truck puts me on the autobahns. I most certainly ride from home, but the Sidewinder wants to stretch.

Edited by Snake

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's a sled vacation for my BIL. He flies up from Florida and spends a week of riding with us. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Trailering to ride would get old quick if it was the sole option.  Good to have all seasons covered.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Trailering to ride would get old quick if it was the sole option.  Good to have all seasons covered.

1 to 2 hours to get to the best trails in the state is hardly a 'hardship'.

I meet Scottie Sidewinder at his place at 6AM, and by 800 we are screaming. Ain't nothing wrong with it.  I fill Scotts truck in the morning and he buys the sled gas for the day.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Odd thing is he comes across as someone who SHOULDN"T have to worry about it.

Just my perception...

Unless things have changed, it's certainly not going to break him. But he has always been a dollar and cents kind of guy.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its not that big of a deal really. Especially with the way winters have been. You cant count on good snow everywhere and riding the same stuff gets boring. Id rather drive a couple more hours to ride some primo trails then stay close to home and ride crap. 

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's always 'going riding'.

As far as 'traveling', an hour north in a truck puts me on the autobahns. I most certainly ride from home, but the Sidewinder wants to stretch.

Yeah, I’ve owned 4 trailers in the last 6 years.  Can count on one hand how many times all were used.  Some times not even for sleds!  

We have a great system here and I always think I want to ride further north then, I do and realize it’s all similar from right out my back door without the fucking trailering hassle and the jerk water, non-riding imbeciles at the trail heads.  I’m just not into “touristy” riding I guess.  The place I built sits right off of a great section of beat to shit, twisty trails I like to ride with access to a power line for snocrossy type shit.  It’s nice to be able to head out as many times as I want per week and get my “fix”.  Hard to remember that most can’t do that.

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

1 to 2 hours to get to the best trails in the state is hardly a 'hardship'.

I meet Scottie Sidewinder at his place at 6AM, and by 800 we are screaming. Ain't nothing wrong with it.  I fill Scotts truck in the morning and he buys the sled gas for the day.

Well I'm driving that to get to my place up north.  If I had to do another 2 from there.