Check your account email address ×

Where were you at when you heard about 9/11?

Highmark

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s my memories of it. I was incredibly proud of the people who took in the stranded passengers. They took them into their houses and didn’t accept money. They took the risk of letting planes land that could have had hijackers. A risk the US government didn’t take. 

You are one of the people guilty of attacking Canada recently. I’m not surprised you don’t want to hear this. 

GMAFB. 

the people that let in passengers were maritimers not fucking GTA tight asses who would have been cowering under their beds, turning off their lights pretending they weren’t home  or at a local latte hut talking about how the ordeal has affected them instead of rolling up their sleeves and helping. 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

GMAFB. 

the people that let in passengers were maritimers not fucking GTA tight asses who would have been cowering under their beds, turning off their lights pretending they weren’t home  or at a local latte hut talking about how the ordeal has affected them instead of rolling up their sleeves and helping. 

I agree they were amazing. Funny that there wasn’t any place in the US willing to take the risk for their own people. 

I was still in bed when the first plane hit.  I was working afternoon shift, and was home in bed still sleeping when I heard the phone ring and the answering machine pick up.  It was my mom calling to tell me to get up and turn on GMA, a plane had hit one of the twin towers in NYC.  I knew right away, there was no way this was an accident. I got out of bed and went and hit the play back button on the answering machine to make sure I wasn't dreaming. After confirming, I went down the hall past my son's room. He was still in his crib sleeping , he was only 9months old at the time. I turned on the tv and then went into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee and get my cigarettes.  I found Good Morning American on tv and when I saw the smoke coming out of the building, I knew, no way in hell that was a small plane, or an accident.  I made a cup of coffee and went out on the front porch to have a cigarette, so I could still see the TV. When I was outside smoking is when the 2nd plane hit.   The phone rang again and it was my wife this time calling to see if I was up yet and telling me to turn on the TV. I told her, I already know, I just saw the 2nd plane hit.....

I'll never forget that day. 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

GMAFB. 

Real Canadians.:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

GMAFB. 

A buddy of mine was a Toronto fire fighter at the time. His shift jumped into vehicles and drove down to Nee York.  They got their co workers to cover their shifts. They didn’t know if they were heading into a war zone, if a dirty bomb was going to follow up. Etc. 

I agree they were amazing. Funny that there wasn’t any place in the US willing to take the risk for their own people. 

Just saying they were Maritimers that opened their homes not GTA douchebags and it had more to do with being able to divert air traffic there safely than anything else. 

6 minutes ago, frenchy said:

GMAFB. 

Totally a Red Cunt move 

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

GMAFB. 

Yeah , the stories from Gander ans other areas were pretty heartwarming .  We could learn a few things from those people . :bc:

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Just give it rest for fucks sake you fucking asshole .  People were taken in all over this entire fucking country by strangers you stupid fucking moron .

• Thanks 1

Just now, frenchy said:

Just saying they were Maritimers that opened their homes not GTA douchebags and it had more to do with being able to divert air traffic there safely than anything else. 

I never said it was people from the gta. Now look at the rhetoric from Americans a few years after that happened. After we spent billions and lost soldiers in Afghanistan and tell me why they cheer when Trump treats Russia better than us. Tell me how he has the nerve to put steel tarrifs on us and call it national security. 

Let me know if you think they would return the favour. 

For fuck sakes they won’t even back us against radical Muslims when the Saudis go after us. 

I never said it was people from the gta. Now look at the rhetoric from Americans a few years after that happened. After we spent billions and lost soldiers in Afghanistan and tell me why they cheer when Trump treats Russia better than us. Tell me how he has the nerve to put steel tarrifs on us and call it national security. 

For fuck sakes they won’t even back us against radical Muslims when the Saudis go after us. 

Well she was a good thread while it lasted. 

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , the stories from Gander ans other areas were pretty heartwarming .  We could learn a few things from those people . :bc:

Just give it rest for fucks sake you fucking asshole .  People were taken in all over this entire fucking country by strangers you stupid fucking moron .

People from  gander were amazing. People from all over Canada died in Afghanistan 

fuck you 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s simple. Trudeau. 

If Harper was PM it’d be a non issue. Never mind the Saudi debacle would never have happened. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Canadians like you are why we make fun of Canada.  Thankfully, you just represent the whiney, repugnant masses up there and not the good hosers we love.

You and people like you are also the reason nobody is helping you against a third world boy fucking regime that is pasting you for speaking out of your ass.

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

It’s simple. Trudeau. 

If Harper was PM it’d be a non issue. Never mind the Saudi debacle would never have happened. 

Trudeau the liberal? Remember it was Cretien that kept us out of Iraq. How much would have that cost us if Harper was in charge?

fuuuckkkk!  I said I was done 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Canadians like you are why we make fun of Canada.  Thankfully, you just represent the whiney, repugnant masses up there and not the good hosers we love.

You and people like you are also the reason nobody is helping you against a third world boy fucking regime that is pasting you for speaking out of your ass.

Nope. People like you who support Trump are the reason. Own it clown 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Trudeau the liberal? Remember it was Cretien that kept us out of Iraq. How much would have that cost us if Harper was in charge?

fuuuckkkk!  I said I was done 

What does Chrétien have to do with Trudeau? Or Trump? 

STAY FOCUSED! 

I was at at work at a Ford dealership..was walking through the shop after a potty break, and saw all the shop gathered around the oil racks radio. That's when they told me a plane struck the tower . I thought it was a joke. Then the second one struck the other tower ...holy shit,the shop was dead silent for at least 10 minutes,  in total shock. Then heard a bit later about the foiled attack at the Pentagon.  Was a terrible day. 

• Like 1