Check your account email address ×

Where were you at when you heard about 9/11?

Highmark

29 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’m sorry. I’ll let you get back to your pity thread. You let me know when it’s ok to talk about how many soldiers died as a result of the Republicans reaction to 9/11. 

in a different fucking thread MOOK!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I live only about 35 miles from ground zero....I remember what a crisp and cool morning it was, not a cloud in the sky just a gorgeous day.

Was working and making one of my first stops at a business  and everyone was huddled around staring at a TV......they filled me in and said a small plane had had crashed into the tower. Didn't realize the scope of it at the time.

Found out later my friends sister who worked in one of the towers was one of those who died......just awful for his family waiting in hope for days that she might have survived and just be missing.

The following day, the wind was blowing just right and we could smell the jet fuel and smoke from the towers in our town(nearly 35miles away)......I remember that most of all. 

• Sad 1