Check your account email address ×

Wheel hop cure

Pete

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

If money wasnt an issue id be driving the same as what I have already

:lol:

Maybe have a new vette or a amg benz of some sort as well.

My estate would rival Goodwood, both the property itself and the cars at the FoS.  

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

SBYL, but I'm not gay 

Big block, auto

Small block, 4spd

I'd be gay to own a Mclaren F1.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Auto only if 3500 high stall ,and manual valve body

That gets old after a while in a street car. Especially the manual valve body

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My estate would rival Goodwood, both the property itself and the cars at the FoS.  

I'd be gay to own a Mclaren F1.

You're gay no matter what 

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That gets old after a while in a street car. Especially the manual valve body

You're gay no matter what 

Idk.  I had that in my 71 chevelle and my bel air. Was lots of fun. Nothing like chirping tires on regular shifts and laying black under throttle in shifts ..

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I'd take any of the cars I posted over that heap any day. 

Mmmmm, I like everything, I can appreciate what that McLaren set as a new standard at when it was introduced as a super car..I appreciate what anyone else appreciates when it comes to HP.. who am I to judge..

51 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Idk.  I had that in my 71 chevelle and my bel air. Was lots of fun. Nothing like chirping tires on regular shifts and laying black under throttle in shifts ..

Manual valve body is fun for about a week.  Gets very old real quick unless it's in a strictly strip only car. Other than that, I'll pass. 

47 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Mmmmm, I like everything, I can appreciate what that McLaren set as a new standard at when it was introduced as a super car..I appreciate what anyone else appreciates when it comes to HP.. who am I to judge..

They do absolutely nothing for me 

47 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Hush up, men are talking about cars in here.

Well, that leaves you out then Time for you to leave, woman. 

I had a B&M super holeshot converter in my small block  Z 28 I had. 3000 rpm stall and it was incredible on the street. Turbo 350 tranny with just the simple flat pack B&M Shift kit. I beatbup on a lot of cars lol

id still rather have a 4 speed over an auto. 4 speed cars bring more money too 

My Nova has the original M-20 in it. I have a M22 gear set that I want to build a tranny with. I want to try the close ratio. I’ll take it out this winter and have a look at the clutch too. 

11 hours ago, Cold War said:

Nothing left stock.  ZZ4 crate motor, 350 trans, 9” Ford currry rear end. Custom paint top and underneath . Trans am shaker scoop. Custom interior. Re worked covers & sheet metal. Wheels & name plates all custom air brushing. 

What year Monte is it?

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Shame.  Bruce McLaren won Le Mans in a GT40, his cars won the Indy 500 multiple times and his Chevy V8 powered Can Am cars were very competitive.

Shame he was killed. I liked Bruce.

i read a story that he brought one of his smal, block Chevy  engines to Chevrolet engineering and they put it on a dyno and it made more hp than a comparable  Chevrolet engineering engine. The engineers were baffled and told Bruce his engine didn’t sound right so they offered to disassemble it to see what was wrong lol.

Bruce said no and demanded it be ready to ship back to Mclaren  within the hour. He waited at Chevrolet engineering until it was loaded on the truck and on It’s way back to his shop. 

i laughed when I read this lol

• Haha 1

Chevrolet engineering got a hold of one of TRACO’s Penske engines. It made huge power and again the engineers were baffled. They tore they engine apart and checked every measurement and nothing  was any different than what the engineers had. Lol

When TRACO found out they were livid 

Edited by ATOMIC PUNK

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Shame.  Bruce McLaren won Le Mans in a GT40, his cars won the Indy 500 multiple times and his Chevy V8 powered Can Am cars were very competitive.

Still does nothing for me.  I'd much rather have this 

1962-Dodge-Dart-630x354.jpg.69d2260126166d1497ef952c4f35c9a5.jpgOdd-styling.thumb.jpg.f4624d6709535bbc161e078fcf62e941.jpgClean-interior.thumb.jpg.f7fde1e26f57bd284fdf184ea2274e02.jpg

• Thanks 1

When the Hemi came out they were so much quicker than al, the others, NHRA had to give them a weight penalty to try and even the playing field lol. Chevrolet and Ford were whiny because the hemi was kickin ass lol

6 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

When the Hemi came out they were so much quicker than al, the others, NHRA had to give them a weight penalty to try and even the playing field lol. Chevrolet and Ford were whiny because the hemi was kickin ass lol

That engine (along with the others I mentioned) was way ahead of its time.  The only problem with them, is they were real finicky. Valves and carbs (and points) constantly needed to be adjusted.  That's another reason why most people opted for the 440s and 383s and modded them , over the Hemi's. Cost was the main reason, but talking to my uncle's and other guys who were into the car scene back then say the same thing. The Hemi's were a bitch to keep running right back in the day. The 440s with the Six Pack (Dodge) and 6BBL (Plymouth) (3-2barrel Holly carbs) were even easier to adjust than the Hemi's.  Lots of guys would buy 383 cars, and then change the cam, and ads 440 heads and intake. Saved them some money and they ran strong. 

The 426 Max Wedge and 413s (like the one I posted above) were no slouches either. They were also easier to adjust/maintain than the Hemi's because they only have 2 valves per cylinder vs the 4 in the Hemi's.

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That engine (along with the others I mentioned) was way ahead of its time.  The only problem with them, is they were real finicky. Valves and carbs (and points) constantly needed to be adjusted.  That's another reason why most people opted for the 440s and 383s and modded them , over the Hemi's. Cost was the main reason, but talking to my uncle's and other guys who were into the car scene back then say the same thing. The Hemi's were a bitch to keep running right back in the day. The 440s with the Six Pack (Dodge) and 6BBL (Plymouth) (3-2barrel Holly carbs) were even easier to adjust than the Hemi's.  Lots of guys would buy 383 cars, and then change the cam, and ads 440 heads and intake. Saved them some money and they ran strong. 

The 426 Max Wedge and 413s (like the one I posted above) were no slouches either. They were also easier to adjust/maintain than the Hemi's because they only have 2 valves per cylinder vs the 4 in the Hemi's.

Yes, I have heard repeatedly over the years that the 426 hemi was a real bitch to tune correctly. But once right, look the fuck out