Check your account email address ×

Wheel hop cure

Pete

9 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Im trying to keep it all original except for the few motor parts that have been changed out.

I just put 4:30's in the 12 bolt.

Huge difference from the factory 3:31

Should have went 4:88's . :)  Very nice car, and great job at taking care of that wheel hop. :bc:

Just now, irv said:

Should have went 4:88's . :)  Very nice car, and great job at taking care of that wheel hop. :bc:

hahahaha thanks

That would have been a bit to steep for my setup.. 4:30 is about perfect for street stomping

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

its a blast Tom.

especially with no power steering lol

I sold a '72 Duster about 13 years ago. Wish I didn't have to sell it but needed the $.  Was a fun little car. Bench seat, 340 4spd, manual steering and brakes.  I'll have another Duster , Dart or Demon again some day. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I sold a '72 Duster about 13 years ago. Wish I didn't have to sell it but needed the $.  Was a fun little car. Bench seat, 340 4spd, manual steering and brakes.  I'll have another Duster , Dart or Demon again some day. 

awesome man.. I just love these old cars

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

So my nova had some wicked wheel hop when I drop the clutch at 3000 rpms.

https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=5mK9dA

I found out how to make these traction plates that bolt to rear leaf springs and the wheel hop is now gone.

https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=eAke3p

Love this car

68C3FC4C-760D-4A8A-A481-3DE84EB8050D_jpeg_03c18bf828b3709b7aabb518f29060c8.jpg

Nova69.jpg

Nice ! Glad you didn't muck it up with some Mr.Gasket  yellow slapper bars that hang down and grind the pavement. Enjoy your ride!

17 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Nice ! Glad you didn't muck it up with some Mr.Gasket  yellow slapper bars that hang down and grind the pavement. Enjoy your ride!

ha!

Im still looking for some original square tube Lakewood bars. Ebay has them once in a while but they are stupid expensive.

The shit is made in china today and ill never even look at them.. fuck china

2 hours ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

Im trying to keep it all original except for the few motor parts that have been changed out.

I just put 4:30's in the 12 bolt.

Huge difference from the factory 3:31

Motor has to be cranking running down the road? Running 4:11 and I’m running about 3500 rpm at 60.  Fun for ripping around, not so much driving any distance. 

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

I think foose got alot from coddington....and took it from there...imo coddington was the first to do the old to new craze.

At least foose seems like a good guy. That coddington dude seemed like a real prick.

43 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Motor has to be cranking running down the road? Running 4:11 and I’m running about 3500 rpm at 60.  Fun for ripping around, not so much driving any distance. 

About 3000 at 45 

i never drive on the highway. This ratio is very good for the type of driving I do 

also tire diameter is small. I want to put some 27” ones on. That will take some gear out of it. 

Edited by ATOMIC PUNK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

not a nova fan but nice nonetheless. what do you think it's worth? 

With the document i found its worth $35k

all dates and numbers match perfectly. Original drivetrain. It’s had one repaint a long time ago 

Edited by ATOMIC PUNK
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Best shit I've seen is from Foose.  I know others do it to but that man had the magic touch.  I believe he is what inspired the OEM's to go back to a more retro look with all the modern goodies.

I don't like the way he fucks with suspensions...lowering and slapping on 20 inch rims. The modern drivetrain is great ,but not digging the rest

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  Foose did a version of my first car.  1968 Firebird.  'Course, his was a smidge better than my clapped out, primer and bondo infused pile.  :lol: I poured my heart, soul and all the money I could steal into that drivetrain though.  Whew...fucker would stomp anything around.

Foose said..."Fuck you Z!  Look at this!"  :lmao:

Image result for foose firebird 1968

Gey

• Thanks 1