Check your account email address ×

Today is the day...off to college.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yesterday was good...we loaded the rig, drove to NMU, hauled everything in, unpacked..etc....nice day together. Today on the other hand is when she gets in her car and off she goes....I'm a wreck.😫😪

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yesterday was good...we loaded the rig, drove to NMU, hauled everything in, unpacked..etc....nice day together. Today on the other hand is when she gets in her car and off she goes....I'm a wreck.😫😪

You had a Good Run now its her turn :bc: still your daughter man :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'd thought I'd be when my last one left the other day but its all good.   Hell he's only 50 minutes away and their senior year they are hardly home anyway.   Wife and I are already making plans on what to do with our free time.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member

It’s completely awesome when they leave for the first year of college.....  and every year they leave after that....  pretty soon you will be hoping they stay at college during the summer so they don’t come home.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Circle of life, bro!  They gotta start getting out of the nest and cut their own path.  You've still got a lifetime of good advice to give her (some don't have that to give).  Mine has been particiipating in "Welcome week" activities this week, she's staying local to be a "Bulldog"  for a couple of semesters and TBH, I kinda wish I would have packed her vehicla and sent her down the road.  She's can be such an annoying little brat sometimes!!  :lol:

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Circle of life, bro!  They gotta start getting out of the nest and cut their own path.  You've still got a lifetime of good advice to give her (some don't have that to give).  Mine has been particiipating in "Welcome week" activities this week, she's staying local to be a "Bulldog"  for a couple of semesters and TBH, I kinda wish I would have packed her vehicla and sent her down the road.  She's can be such an annoying little brat sometimes!!  :lol:

Oh I know and I think she is going to do great at NMU.....we are just really close and I'm going to miss her.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

man i feel for ya. we balled like babies on the way home from dropping her off. you'll get used to after it awhile. ours was a 4 hour drive away.  

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

only child, correct? that makes it alot tougher too.

She is having lunch with grandma right now and then off she goes and yeah the  only child thing is making it a lot tougher.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She is having lunch with grandma right now and then off she goes and yeah the  only child thing is making it a lot tougher.

how far away is NMU? college visits were always fun, for us anyway :lol:

4 minutes ago, JEFF said:

We made out, Got an email from UNH saying 70 kids could move in last night. We were all over that. 

UNH wasn't bad this morning.  What years your kid

My son his friend and sister.  I was back home by 1030.  

IMG_20180824_093925.jpg.81f065188f02921b

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd thought I'd be when my last one left the other day but its all good.   Hell he's only 50 minutes away and their senior year they are hardly home anyway.   Wife and I are already making plans on what to do with our free time.  

What are you gonna do with the other 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day? :lmao::bc:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

What are you gonna do with the other 23 hours and 55 minutes of the day? :lmao::bc:

Depends on how long your wife can stay.  :thumbsup::bc::bc:

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

how far away is NMU? college visits were always fun, for us anyway :lol:

4 hours and I love Marquette so yeah visits will be great!

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I dunno Jim...i was happy when the boys left....

Peace and quiet

Sex anytime....

Sex anytime....

Did i mention sex anytime?

Oh and sex anytime anywhere in the house!

:lol:

:bc:

Pffffttt.....clearly you don't know my wife. :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

UNH wasn't bad this morning.  What years your kid

My son his friend and sister.  I was back home by 1030.  

IMG_20180824_093925.jpg.81f065188f02921b

Freshman. In Stoke.

That's not bad at all! UNH has their shit together as far as move in day goes. I've been to a couple others that are complete clusters.

• Gold Member

One of my fellow captains is moving his daughter back to school today as well. She's going to be a junior this year.

Congratulations man this is a new chapter in your daughter's world!  :bc:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Freshman. In Stoke.

That's not bad at all! UNH has their shit together as far as move in day goes. I've been to a couple others that are complete clusters.

Move in yesterday wasn't too bad...more busy than I expected but it actually went fairly smooth....I'm guessing tomorrow will be a zoo. 

One of the proudest moments of my daughters first year was learning she was nominated hottest freshman in the dorm. The second was that her boyfriend’s frat , soon to be my son in law, voted him to be the first member to take on his wifs last name when married. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1