Check your account email address ×

Obamacare Insurance Markets on Verge of Collapse

jtssrx

I'm sure Brits never said this would ever happen...

Obese people will be routinely refused operations across the NHS, health service bosses have warned, after one authority said it would limit procedures on an unprecedented scale.

Hospital leaders in North Yorkshire said that patients with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above – as well as smokers – will be barred from most surgery for up to a year amid increasingly desperate measures to plug a funding black hole. The restrictions will apply to standard hip and knee operations.

The decision, described by the Royal College of Surgeons as the “most severe the modern NHS has ever seen”, led to warnings that other trusts will soon be forced to follow suit and rationing will become the norm if the current funding crisis continues.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/02/obese-patients-and-smokers-banned-from-all-routine-operations-by/

See..that makes sense to me.  Our family NEVER go to the doctor.  Both relatively healthy and we've raised our kid to not be such a damn hypochondriac about every sniffle or bruise.  Why should we  (our system) have to be punished for those with health vices and  addicted to going to the doctor?  That's not fair.  And that's what has been happening.  We are getting "judged" not only by age and health but by our area and their demographics as a county, state and even federally.  How the fuck do I have a $10k deductible and continue to get rate increases?????  FUCK OFF!!!!

The Brits have the best system in the world.  And it's that way because they constantly tweak it to make it stay the best.  SO..wanna "lung it up", or double down on the fish and chips 3X weekly?  Suck it.  Live with it...or do something about it.

57 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

yeah I know..tech defense is what i'm referring to and we need to raise ss some..wtf i got no raise last time!

But lets take care of the vets better first..better mental heath care while they are in even..maybe better evaluations before they come back into civilian life...if they get them at all..dunno.

Yes we need to take better care of the vets, but I think we should just try to make less disabled vets in the first place. By stop fucking around with all of these other countries who never did shit to us.

1 minute ago, Sludgey said:

Our system is badly abused 

On all levels.  THE MOST CORRUPT SYSTEM WE HAVE.  Next to the political system of course.

Just now, Anler said:

Yes we need to take better care of the vets, but I think we should just try to make less disabled vets in the first place. By stop fucking around with all of these other countries who never did shit to us.

Agreed on both.  We've been fucking around in the middle east since I can first remember watching the news...enough with them already.  Keep Saudi in good graces and let the rest go to shit...it's going there anyway, why do our citizen soldiers need to be the speed bumps?  It's just stupid.  Let Russia sort them out...they can do it better, easier and faster.  Or, let Israel do it...same reasons.

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

On all levels.  THE MOST CORRUPT SYSTEM WE HAVE.  Next to the political system of course.

Agreed on both.  We've been fucking around in the middle east since I can first remember watching the news...enough with them already.  Keep Saudi in good graces and let the rest go to shit...it's going there anyway, why do our citizen soldiers need to be the speed bumps?  It's just stupid.  Let Russia sort them out...they can do it better, easier and faster.  Or, let Israel do it...same reasons.

how did that party turn out?:snack:

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Wouldn't need Russia to sort anything out if we did start that revolution over there. Once the same people are in control of all of the money and all of the energy (oil) then they control the world. It looks like we are going to just buy off Iran instead if invade. Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, egypt and Syria are already in the bag. Oh and now Venezuela too...

Like I said bout a hundred times now, this is going to get worse with or without Obamacare unless we start have a serious and EDUCATED discussion about it. Most of you meatheads just listen to the talking heads on TV and think that if only we could repeal Obamacare everything will be alright... The problem is everything wasn't alright before Obamacare. And in a lot of cases it was a lot worse. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Like I said bout a hundred times now, this is going to get worse with or without Obamacare unless we start have a serious and EDUCATED discussion about it. Most of you meatheads just listen to the talking heads on TV and think that if only we could repeal Obamacare everything will be alright... The problem is everything wasn't alright before Obamacare. And in a lot of cases it was a lot worse. 

how was it worse before it?

3 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

how was it worse before it?

Well for one instance some people were unable to even get insurance due to existing conditions. I had 2 guys in my office who we were unable to get insurance for because if that. And I probably knew a dozen or more people who were too old and sick to get a job and too young for Medicare who could not get health insurance and had already exhausted their life savings from medical bills. 

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well for one instance some people were unable to even get insurance due to existing conditions. I had 2 guys in my office who we were unable to get insurance for because if that. And I probably knew a dozen or more people who were too old and sick to get a job and too young for Medicare who could not get health insurance and had already exhausted their life savings from medical bills. 

true on those but the two guys played the game with insurance and the ones without jobs could have received Medicaid at some point.

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well, That is what they told you, but I know people could get HC, it just cost a lot.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Well, That is what they told you, but I know people could get HC, it just cost a lot.

Yeah like $10k a month? Could you afford that? The one year our provider flat out refused to cover two of our employees. Quit being a dolt man. Just because you don't have those problems doesn't mean nobody else does. People were clammering for help and instead of trying to be part of the solution the pubes just said "NO!" and this is what we got. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

hc is not a right but should it be..that is the question.

So do you think we should let people die in poverty because they can't afford health I sura cell? What happens if you or your wife or your kid get a serious illness and can't work? The bills max out your limit and the deductibles and non covered stuff has eaten thru your savings? It happens all the time. 

And let's say someone who can't afford insurance goes to the hospital with a heart attack and needs surgery. They can't afford to pay for it so guess who does? We do. In the form of higher premiums. And people who get Medicaid or medicare, we pay for that too. Any way you look at it, we are paying for someone else's health care. Time for a system where everybody contributes. 

12 hours ago, Anler said:

Yeah like $10k a month? Could you afford that? The one year our provider flat out refused to cover two of our employees. Quit being a dolt man. Just because you don't have those problems doesn't mean nobody else does. People were clammering for help and instead of trying to be part of the solution the pubes just said "NO!" and this is what we got. 

So, they can't afford the insurance.  Because of that, everyone else is forced to help them?  What did ACA change?

Again, we should be able to figure out the number of $$$ per person spent on HC.  Using those numbers, we can figure out what it should cost.

Edited by racer254

17 hours ago, Anler said:

Yup but you need to post a cartoon 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

So, they can't afford the insurance.  Because of that, everyone else is forced to help them?  What did ACA change?

Again, we should be able to figure out the number of $$$ per person spent on HC.  Using those numbers, we can figure out what it should cost.

Dude, you are not worth discussing this with. Did you even know that insurance companies could deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions prior to Obamacare? I just gave you examples of people whom I personally know that were in that situation. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Dude, you are not worth discussing this with. Did you even know that insurance companies could deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions prior to Obamacare? I just gave you examples of people whom I personally know that were in that situation. 

well they could have bought hc sooner maybe.

That said I do think everybody should be able to be in.

Anler is correct IMO.  Our insurance was a fucking catastrophe before Obunga care.  Now, clearly, this system is not gonna work out either but it's another step toward getting this "socialized", and that is what needs to happen...or some simile of it.  How can we be so fucked up on this?  We are the only civilized nation that deems that private operational profits concerning citizens health overrides the welfare of it's own citizens.  Truly amazing.  We are also the only civilized nation that allows big pharma to advertise directly to it's citizens.  Good health is for sale in America!  But only if you have enough fucking money to buy it!  Ick.

• Like 1