Check your account email address ×

Obamacare Insurance Markets on Verge of Collapse

jtssrx

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

Dude, you are not worth discussing this with. Did you even know that insurance companies could deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions prior to Obamacare? I just gave you examples of people whom I personally know that were in that situation. 

Of course you don't want to discuss it.  It's easier not to.  I am not some liberal douche that just wants to let the government run everything.  ACA was a cluster fuck, and the people who promoted this knew this.  They should have done it correctly and figured out the numbers to see if it was feasible.

2 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

some people used to wait till they came down with something bad then want insurance..would you like to sell a policy to someone who is all ready in stage 4 cancer?

Or even stage one..so stfu yourself.

Well doesnt Obamacare address that? Idiot

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Of course you don't want to discuss it.  It's easier not to.  I am not some liberal douche that just wants to let the government run everything.  ACA was a cluster fuck, and the people who promoted this knew this.  They should have done it correctly and figured out the numbers to see if it was feasible.

Wrong thread.

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Obviously the model put forth is not working.   Too many sick for too little money coming in.   

Yeah it sucks. We need UHC now. Eliminate the employer mandate and make people pay for and administer their OWN health care. Boot Straps!

Edited by Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Yeah it sucks. We need UHC now. Eliminate the employer mandate and make people pay for and administer their OWN health care. Boot Straps!

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” 
 Milton Friedman

What we need is free market competition to drive down costs.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” 
 Milton Friedman

What we need is free market competition to drive down costs.  

Well it hasnt been working well the way it was so... You dont think the example that every other industrialized country has put forth is a good measure of success?

Well call me crazy but i would think that every business owner that pays for employee health coverage would agree with me. We spend over $1 mil a year on health insurance. And we are a pretty small fish. My savings saves my clients money and so on and so on. Not to mention it make the US more competitive globally. And eliminates the number one obstacle for full time employment....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anler said:
2 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

some people used to wait till they came down with something bad then want insurance..would you like to sell a policy to someone who is all ready in stage 4 cancer?

Or even stage one..so stfu yourself.

Well doesnt Obamacare address that? Idiot

that really was a dumb reply you gave.

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well it hasnt been working well the way it was so... You dont think the example that every other industrialized country has put forth is a good measure of success?

Just how do we go about that?  Many of these other industrialized nations you speak of have complete govt controlled HC meaning they own the hospitals and everything.  How is that possible in the US?   Who is going to buy up all those assets from the owners of the HI industry alone?  You cannot simply say "well if it works for them it should work for us" because of the major, major differences in where we are at today compared to where they were at when those programs were implemented.   Canada is 10% of the size of the US population wise.  Its absurd to say what will work there will work here.  

You also have to look at the future when NHC already is.   Plenty of information showing it bankrupting the countries that have it.   

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/sep/06/euro-debt-crisis-country-by-country 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well call me crazy but i would think that every business owner that pays for employee health coverage would agree with me. We spend over $1 mil a year on health insurance. And we are a pretty small fish. My savings saves my clients money and so on and so on. Not to mention it make the US more competitive globally. And eliminates the number one obstacle for full time employment....

I'd rather pay more for my employee's insurance if the coverage and care is better under private HC.   Guess I'm odd that way.   

Just now, Highmark said:

Just how do we go about that?  Many of these other industrialized nations you speak of have complete govt controlled HC meaning they own the hospitals and everything.  How is that possible in the US?   Who is going to buy up all those assets from the owners of the HI industry alone?  You cannot simply say "well if it works for them it should work for us" because of the major, major differences in where we are at today compared to where they were at when those programs were implemented.   Canada is 10% of the size of the US population wise.  Its absurd to say what will work there will work here.  

You also have to look at the future when NHC already is.   Plenty of information showing it bankrupting the countries that have it.   

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/sep/06/euro-debt-crisis-country-by-country 

I'd rather pay more for my employee's insurance if the coverage and care is better under private HC.   Guess I'm odd that way.   

Well you are assuming the care would not be as good. Which I am sure thats what the insurance companies want you to think.  However we are one of the least healthy industrialized countries.

Medicare is basically socialized health care. And it works pretty good.

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well you are assuming the care would not be as good. Which I am sure thats what the insurance companies want you to think.  However we are one of the least healthy industrialized countries.

Medicare is basically socialized health care. And it works pretty good.

So what % of your income are you willing to pay and what % of your employee's income are you willing to pay for NHC?

What do we do with all the HI companies and their assets.   Medicare is managed by the govt.

Edited by Highmark

48 minutes ago, Anler said:

You spend over 1 million a year on HI.  How much does your company use per year on average?  Do you know that number?  Are you overpaying or underpaying?

30 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You spend over 1 million a year on HI.  How much does your company use per year on average?  Do you know that number?  Are you overpaying or underpaying?

I dont have access to employee medical records... And we dont have a choice with 85% of our employees as the union provides their insurance...

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I dont have access to employee medical records... And we dont have a choice with 85% of our employees as the union provides their insurance...

My company hands out a yearly spreadsheet that has the amount we have paid into our health plan vs how much money was used in bills.

Just now, racer254 said:

My company hands out a yearly spreadsheet that has the amount we have paid into our health plan vs how much money was used in bills.

Well our union has like 22,000 members so I dont think it will do me any good to ask for that. Besides the rates are negotiated by the various contractor associations.

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

So how exactly does that work?   You pay the union and they provide the HCI?  Does the 15% make up the $1 million?