Check your account email address ×

I miss the hood

1 hour ago, Winterman said:

CFRs were outdated before they hit the showrooms. They were an attempt to  restore a “performance “ image that the F pig Barney flushed down the toilet. 

Yeah they were. And we’re fast. The still dominate isr Stock classes 

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

pretty much an 03 firecat,  cat was so behind they sold obsolete sleds for what 6-7 years after the REVolution began

Buss put a new Pro cross seat on my 2004 F6 and its just fine.  I'm cool with 90 on the top.  I will say YS's XCR8 is quite fun tho.     :bc: 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, jammin said:

Buss put a new Pro cross seat on my 2004 F6 and its just fine.  I'm cool with 90 on the top.  I will say YS's XCR8 is quite fun tho.     :bc: 

How is Buss...I have an email addy for him so I shot him a message to say hey....no response. Either an old email or he doesn’t like me....probably the latter! 😂😂😩🤪

I love my CFR .....if the trails are decent or we are running rivers its perfect. Fits me well , handles well and there isnt a faster stock sled out there.

It really comes down to having to have multiple sleds for multiple scenarios. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How is Buss...I have an email addy for him so I shot him a message to say hey....no response. Either an old email or he doesn’t like me....probably the latter! 😂😂😩🤪

No clue on email address but hes all good-      :bc: 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love my CFR .....if the trails are decent or we are running rivers its perfect. Fits me well , handles well and there isnt a faster stock sled out there.

Fawk speed for 8-10 hours like its a race.   I had a hoot on a 340 puma several years ago.   Yeah, its not ur gig but damn, we have a hoot of a  time   :bc: 

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It does. Most idiots buy mountain sleds here “because they might go to the mountains one day” meanwhile they put 99% of their miles on our trails here with that I’ll handling pile of shit 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It does. Most idiots buy mountain sleds here “because they might go to the mountains one day” meanwhile they put 99% of their miles on our trails here with that I’ll handling pile of shit 

Yup ......I'm just a diamond pounder and I need 3-4 sleds to cover the wide range of trail conditions and different types of rides you go on !!!!!!!1111

Fuck mountain sleds too :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I like my edge triple, doesn't ride as good as my iqr triple, but is comfortable and the lower COG makes for better high speed handling.

I would like an IQR triple...you interested in selling?

3 hours ago, jammin said:

Fawk speed for 8-10 hours like its a race.   I had a hoot on a 340 puma several years ago.   Yeah, its not ur gig but damn, we have a hoot of a  time   :bc: 

I could flip a switch tomorrow and just run a 900 ACE.  Might not be the first across the lake, but smooth and quiet with half the running cost sounds good to me.  I still have that SXr, but no one on other vintage sleds to ride with...

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yup ......I'm just a diamond pounder and I need 3-4 sleds to cover the wide range of trail conditions and different types of rides you go on !!!!!!!1111

Fuck mountain sleds too :lol: 

No doubt, but 155+ has gotta be one of them.  Maine offtrail ftw!  144 is my compromise.

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I could flip a switch tomorrow and just run a 900 ACE.  Might not be the first across the lake, but smooth and quiet with half the running cost sounds good to me.  I still have that SXr, but no one on other vintage sleds to ride with...

No doubt, but 155+ has gotta be one of them.  Maine offtrail ftw!  144 is my compromise.

After riding both a 1200 and a 900 in the same week last yr....id still rather have the 1200...it handles better and has alot more grunt...hopefully i can get on a turbo 900 this yr sometime.

14 minutes ago, DAVE said:

After riding both a 1200 and a 900 in the same week last yr....id still rather have the 1200...it handles better and has alot more grunt...hopefully i can get on a turbo 900 this yr sometime.

Yeah admittedly i haven't spent any time on a 1200 to compare, and i'd also like to try that new turbo.  .But that 900 is appealing, feels like you just can't kill it and can ride it clamped all day, and get 20 mpg doing it.  As it is, I'm just going to run the Assault another season.  Its been a good sled for the kind of riding I do.  Going to get the shocks revalved, and see if I can pick up a little *cough* R motion level ride quality.  It has great bottoming resistance, just not plush like the R motion.  Its readily apparent after a quick comparison on a Saturday afternoon trail thats a little shelled up.  Ripped the skid out on Saturday, couple frozen bearings, and bushings are shot.  Not super happy with that for 25-2600 miles on it or whatever its got.  We'll throw a few hundred at it and make it fresh again.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah admittedly i haven't spent any time on a 1200 to compare, and i'd also like to try that new turbo.  .But that 900 is appealing, feels like you just can't kill it and can ride it clamped all day, and get 20 mpg doing it.  As it is, I'm just going to run the Assault another season.  Its been a good sled for the kind of riding I do.  Going to get the shocks revalved, and see if I can pick up a little *cough* R motion level ride quality.  It has great bottoming resistance, just not plush like the R motion.  Its readily apparent after a quick comparison on a Saturday afternoon trail thats a little shelled up.  Ripped the skid out on Saturday, couple frozen bearings, and bushings are shot.  Not super happy with that for 25-2600 miles on it or whatever its got.  We'll throw a few hundred at it and make it fresh again.  :bc: 

I probably dont ride as hard a you anymore....i didnt get anywhere near 20mpg if i recall correctly i was slightly better then the 1200s at each fill up.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I probably dont ride as hard a you anymore....i didnt get anywhere near 20mpg if i recall correctly i was slightly better then the 1200s at each fill up.

I guess it would depend on the trails.  For the stuff around here that little 900 is just fast enough.  I'm all over the map though.  Really like to have 3 sleds...which isn't going to be happening.  :lol: 

• Like 1