Check your account email address ×

US steel just announced $750 million investment to modernize plant due to increased demand for steel

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

“Trend the same path”.

Obama stifled growth for a full six then, in spite of it all, America managed to slowly pick up speed.   It was in spite of his policies and regulations though...not because of them.  If you are denying the “Trump bump”, well.....

Ahh never mind.  “THANKS OBAMA!!”

Of course, that and the bureau of labor was crooked too! 

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The story said no new jobs.

Here is the situation happening at this place, and others. Jobs, some temporary, will be created for electricians, engineers, techs, construction workers, etc as these corporations expand and automate. The actual jobs inside the plant, after all this? The same, likey even less, as they now have automation. Whole this is good for those specializing in automation, it’s not good for the average production worker. 

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Here is the situation happening at this place, and others. Jobs, some temporary, will be created for electricians, engineers, techs, construction workers, etc as these corporations expand and automate. The actual jobs inside the plant, after all this? The same, likey even less, as they now have automation. Whole this is good for those specializing in automation, it’s not good for the average production worker. 

Smh....you really are depressing son of a bitch huh....

What people who make automated equipment for these places?

It all trickles down dumb dumb.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Smh....you really are depressing son of a bitch huh....

What people who make automated equipment for these places?

It all trickles down dumb dumb.

Well to anyone with a brain, they’d know they’d be included in that list who benefit too. :lol: 

my god you are simple. should I have included the truck drivers who deliver it too? the dock workers? 

26 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Better to let it run down to the shits when it not even worth upgrading anymore.  

15 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Imagine how many high paying union building trades jobs this 5 year upgrade will create!!!  Well done Mr President!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-us-steel-tariffs-gary-plant-20180816-story.html

The steel industry is a winner with the tariffs.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Hey dingalings, ya better be careful here. You might end up agreeing with obama and others when they stated things like automation kills a lot of manufacturing jobs 

Progress kills some and creates others.  Those without a brain get left behind.

Hmmm, maybe I’ll take this opportunity to be a trumpster for a little.

thanks trump, for benefiting the field I work in. Fuck all of the workers that will get laid off because of automation. I’m getting mine. 

Now, where’s ma maga hat?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It keeps the company modern increasing throughput trickle down helps the employees keep their jobs and skills.

One of my customers just invested a shit load of money on a new press.

It may only take one guy to run, but the added capacity requires more people to contend with the end product. It requires more from beginning to end.

My god, just last week we had to double up on pickup cause or truck can't contain.

Nope, no 'trickle down' here.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Hmmm, maybe I’ll take this opportunity to be a trumpster for a little.

thanks trump, for benefiting the field I work in. Fuck all of the workers that will get laid off because of automation. I’m getting mine. 

Now, where’s ma maga hat?

Have you ever worked in production?