Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread!!!!!11

SSFB

What's everyone got going on this weekend? 

95% sure I am taking a new job in a few weeks. Got a pretty good offer, just ironing out the details. 

Gotta get this house ready to sell next week and then find a new one in a new town. :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Congrats on the new gig Joella!!!!!!

Thanks Jimbo. :bc:

I vetted the place pretty hard because I had some concerns but they alleviated those and were very open throughout the process. 

The coolest part is that I'm encouraged to work from home one day per week(sometimes more if I wish) and there is even flexibility to work remotely for extended periods. 

I can already see myself chilling on a beach working while it's zero degrees in South Dakota. :lol:

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Housing market pretty hot out there?

Very hot. Hottest it has ever been without question. My sister and BIL bought their house for 175 in 2012 and just sold it for 240 or so. 

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Very hot. Hottest it has ever been without question. My sister and BIL bought their house for 175 in 2012 and just sold it for 240 or so. 

Nice....you'll sell fast then eh?

Just now, f7ben said:

Nice....you'll sell fast then eh?

I hope so. It's not as hot here in this small college town but it's still good. 

Sioux Falls is blowing up. One of the job sectors that is gaining the most here is IT which is great for me obviously. 

Just now, SSFB said:

I hope so. It's not as hot here in this small college town but it's still good. 

Sioux Falls is blowing up. One of the job sectors that is gaining the most here is IT which is great for me obviously. 

Yup...congrats 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SSFB said:

What's everyone got going on this weekend? 

95% sure I am taking a new job in a few weeks. Got a pretty good offer, just ironing out the details. 

Gotta get this house ready to sell next week and then find a new one in a new town. :bc:

Congratulations  :bc: 

8 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Thanks Jimbo. :bc:

I vetted the place pretty hard because I had some concerns but they alleviated those and were very open throughout the process. 

The coolest part is that I'm encouraged to work from home one day per week(sometimes more if I wish) and there is even flexibility to work remotely for extended periods. 

I can already see myself chilling on a beach working while it's zero degrees in South Dakota. :lol:

Remote Access ftw...i have that too for working "from afar"  :bc: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Congratulations  :bc: 

Remote Access ftw...i have that too for working "from afar"  :bc: 

Well at my current gig I am the guy who configures remote access and all that shit but I never get to use it for working remotely during the normal business day. :lol:

• Like 1

Future son in law just passed his series 7 today,  have a few more exams and some training, and then he's an EJ FA.  Starting training salary is 60k plus commission, so for a 28 yr. old we're all pretty happy.  :bc:   Company coming down from Maine and we're gonna get after some sushi and some Vietnamese or Cambodian what not here shortly. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Thanks John. :bc:

Whaddya got going on this weekend? 

Not a hell of a lot. We are supposed to go to the inlaws on Sunday for a BBQ and pontoon boat ride around the lake if the weather cooperates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Future son in law just passed his series 7 today,  have a few more exams and some training, and then he's an EJ FA.  Starting training salary is 60k plus commission, so for a 28 yr. old we're all pretty happy.  :bc:   Company coming down from Maine and we're gonna get after some sushi and some Vietnamese or Cambodian what not here shortly. 

Good stuff. The American dream is still there for hardworking young people. :bc:

I was enjoying a bit of sushi when I made this thread. :bc:

10 minutes ago, dz246 said:

I was gonna put some new blades on the lawnmower, and bbq some ribs....

God damn im busy.... :lol:

Congrats on new job rookieITguy :bc:

Thanks dude. :bc:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just gonna sip on something and sit here and “reflect”.  Bed early tonight.  Been up since 3 am and did yard work all day.  Pooped out.

FC4B8B72-D5F8-4886-8DD5-EEA4CB01E001.jpeg

Croc wearing faggot says what?

• Haha 2