Check your account email address ×

Kneel baby kneel

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's not the issue, watching as a fan is easy because the fans are not the ones being demolished. It's easy as a fan to sit in your recliner with a cold beer yelling at your TV, "kill the bastard" when you're not the one being killed. I truly believe as intelligent human beings we're looking at the long term effects of football, especially for those who play beyond high school and even more so at the pro level. Some of the older players are so fucked up physically, they have to be wondering if it was worth it because there is a life after football. Not to mention, the players are so much bigger and faster today, if the NFL let them play the game like they did 40+ years ago it would be a blood bath.

I know plenty of guys in the trades just as fucked up from work who didnt make 1% of the money these primadonnas do. You get paid millions to hit and get hit. Quit fucking crying

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The WNBA is not a revenue generator but it does connect with young female players who often will begin to follow NBA teams closer than they normally would have.....that’s what happened with my wife and daughter.  They keep tabs on the better WNBA players but also watch more NBA games than they did before.    

I suspect the WBNA is less of a lost leader than one thinks when all the factors are considered.  I think it helps them reach a new demographic. 

Even in womens basketball meca of Connecticut they are having a tough time selling the WNBA games.  The LPGA has done the best job of attracting a female audience but in order to do that they had to turn the tour into a gay pride march. 

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

NFL is trying to remove most hard contact and the NHL still lets players drop the gloves and fight.   I might have to start watching more of that sport.  

Hockey is my sport.  I love it, but it’s getting the screws put to it also by an inept retard commissioner hat never played the game.  He was voted the “most hated Canadian” and he isn’t even Canadian!

I sooooo love hockey tho..

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

NBA doesn't have a fan issue where they really need to worry about the handful of fans that they would grow that way.  To be honest I wish it was a better product because summertime needs sports besides baseball.  thankfully NBA summer league and some of these tourneys gives some product but the dead zone in July august is maddening. Baseball sucks, nascar sucks.  I can't wait for college football to kickoff, i think thats a better product at this point than the NFL but I am also a NCAA mens basketball fan

Baseball is awful.  I seriously don’t know how it is still paying the players that obscene amount.  It’s golf with running.

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's not the issue, watching as a fan is easy because the fans are not the ones being demolished. It's easy as a fan to sit in your recliner with a cold beer yelling at your TV, "kill the bastard" when you're not the one being killed. I truly believe as intelligent human beings we're looking at the long term effects of football, especially for those who play beyond high school and even more so at the pro level. Some of the older players are so fucked up physically, they have to be wondering if it was worth it because there is a life after football. Not to mention, the players are so much bigger and faster today, if the NFL let them play the game like they did 40+ years ago it would be a blood bath.

Well, if you have the same issues about being hit, don’t play.  I played puck and football all through school and continued puck in beer leaves until just a few years ago.  Had my “bell ring” plenty, and returned the favor.Why are the bitchy little whiners winning at taking away things people love?  

Gladiators now fight for tens of millions of dollars for us.  There’s a reason we don’t pay that for ping pong championships.

4 minutes ago, F3600 said:

We're not back to listening to Slope concerning anything about football are we?  Some 3rd tier clipboard assistant at the local high school who couldn't see the Michael Sam situation for what it was and guaranteed his success..that Slope...remember?

Let them kneel all they want, it will continue to draw negative attention.  Only once the PA decides it has impacted them enough will the peer pressure force its end.  

When has anybody listened to that clown?  I do sill want to see his wrestling pics he stole from google images and tried to pass off as his though....priceless.  :lmao:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Have you seen an nba game? It is mind numbingly boring

I do like to watch highlights back when I was a 20 something...

Edited by Snake

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

I wuz there, but will let others tell it.

Gee.  Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I drive by the basketball hall of fame every day and never had a desire to visit. Boring as hell.

I detest the game but being a sports fan, if it were that close, I’d sure go check it out.

:bc:

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I do like to watch highlights back when I was a 20 something...

I was sitting eating dinner just a few feet from McHale the other night!!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I'm fine with getting rid of the crack-back blocks and some of the unnecessary roughness (swinging or slamming a guy to the ground intentionally)  to prevent injury.   I can even live with the defenseless receiver rules (although I think they've went too far)  but trying to stop a ball carrier from lower the pads/helmet is going to far.   

Tackling with the crown of the helmet is a great thing to get rid of but I’m with you on this running back thing....can’t lower your pad level and drive  through a guy with lowering your helmet...going to be tough to call.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I know plenty of guys in the trades just as fucked up from work who didnt make 1% of the money these primadonnas do. You get paid millions to hit and get hit. Quit fucking crying

Yeah....a lot of Sparkys taking multiple shots to the head every shift and ending up with CTE.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah....a lot of Sparkys taking multiple shots to the head every shift and ending up with CTE.

A lot of sparkys with shoulders so shot they can't lift their arms above their heads. A lot of masons and carpenters with back and neck surgeries. A lot of painters so punch drunk they can't carry on a normal conversation etc etc.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

But he makes a valid point  and I agree.  Seriously, “full contact” is part of that career choice.  A big part.  It’s dangerous and players are compensated way more than accordingly.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A lot of sparkys with shoulders so shot they can't lift their arms above their heads. A lot of masons and carpenters with back and neck surgeries. A lot of painters so punch drunk they can't carry on a normal conversation etc etc.

Jesus!  :lol:

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But he makes a valid point  and I agree.  Seriously, “full contact” is part of that career choice.  A big part.  It’s dangerous and players are compensated way more than accordingly.

Jesus!  :lol:

I understand all that...my left shoulder is hamburger but here is nothing wrong with trying to minimize traumatic brain injuries no matter how much the players make.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I understand all that...my left shoulder is hamburger but here is nothing wrong with trying to minimize traumatic brain injuries no matter how much the players make.

Agreed....but it's got to remain football. Taking the runners ability to lower his head away is fucking insane

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Agreed....but it's got to remain football. Taking the runners ability to lower his head away is fucking insane

Well yeah...that rule is just assinine.

My body is a peice of shit with two eyes stuck in it....and I was never paid more than a pittance to make it that way.  I get the brain injury thing but, let's be honest, this is our nothing better to do, soccer mom pussification society run amok

BTW when it comes to The NBA....Magic and Larry Legend...end of story. 

No gay but, I saw the harlem grobe trotters when I was a kid.  That was a memory I'll never forget.  They did a great job.  They were in Duluth a while back and the kids love them.  Corny as is it may be, it's nice to see some old school traditional ambassadors doing any sport some justice.  

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My body is a peice of shit with two eyes stuck in it....and I was never paid more than a pittance to make it that way.  I get the brain injury thing but, let's be honest, this is our nothing better to do, soccer mom pussification society run amok

No gay but, I saw the harlem grobe trotters when I was a kid.  That was a memory I'll never forget.  They did a great job.  They were in Duluth a while back and the kids love them.  Corny as is it may be, it's nice to see some old school traditional ambassadors doing any sport some justice.  

Well, if you're dumb enough to do it for that, everyone else should be too. 

It's just basic FACTS and LOGIC...

Edited by motonoggin

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I watch ZERO B-ball.  But I sure agree.  Not just on this matter either.  The man has a mission and is brilliant in structuring and delivering it.  He knows this "kneel game" is a loser.  

WNBA here?  I believe they win the championship every year?  Nobody even knows they exist.  Nobody wants to watch a women sports.  That simply is what it is.

Like this 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think that's happening in all sports.  NFL is now allowing politcal bullshit to be streamed into living rooms.  Oh but "social injustice is why we are kneeling"...what a bunch of bullshit, these idiots can't even answer when put on film.  "TRUMP makes me feels!"....that's really all this is about.

Can't wait to see how this peters out.  They'll get some fans to come back but,  much like Hockey, this isn't the same game we all grew up playing and loving.  Stupid mistakes like this end many fan's interest all together.

I watched 5 games all yr .I always  bought Sunday tix . no longer 

wife was wanting Sunday tix again I said ok pay for it then.  so we won't  have it again this yr