Check your account email address ×

New Top Dog!

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

My wife alone is probably good for a couple hundred thousand of his money. :lol: 

Mine was going on about all the great deals on Prime yesterday.  Mind you, I just got all the car and house tax bills in last week, so the checking account is under assault, so I just asked her how much I can get for a buck thirty eight. :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Mine was going on about all the great deals on Prime yesterday.  Mind you, I just got all the car and house tax bills in last week, so the checking account is under assault, so I just asked her how much I can get for a buck thirty eight. :lol: 

Yeah kids are getting ready to go back to school next month... Prime knows.. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

No I don't use amazon because I prefer to support my local business's and economy.

I applaud your actions but unfortunately there's alot of people who don't believe in that any more. :flush:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

I applaud your actions but unfortunately there's alot of people who don't believe in that any more. :flush:

I applaud too.  There's a lot though..and I think more and more every day.  Still not enough.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I try to support my local businesses as much as possible but if they don't have what I need I order  online. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I try to support my local businesses as much as possible but if they don't have what I need I order  online. 

Well, I do what I can too.  But I'm not gonna get raped just to say "I shopped local". I don't mind paying more but some local shops really push their luck.  We just had a local restaurant do that.  They overplayed their hand after Guy showcased their shop.....prices shot through the roof and they closed up their new store.  Shameful.

9 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Well, I do what I can too.  But I'm not gonna get raped just to say "I shopped local". I don't mind paying more but some local shops really push their luck.  We just had a local restaurant do that.  They overplayed their hand after Guy showcased their shop.....prices shot through the roof and they closed up their new store.  Shameful.

Exactly...I used to buy groceries at Meijer which is 20 miles away in Petoskey but the last few years I've been going to the local Family Fare which is overpriced and understaffed. Other than that we have an Ace Hardware which is great and a shitty KMart. Downtown is full of touristy expensive gift shops and not much else...in 1975 when we moved here downtown had  two barbershops, two hardware stores, a shoe store, sporting goods store, clothing stores, two drug stores.....there is one drugstore left.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

No I don't use amazon because I prefer to support my local business's and economy.

Yeah... All well and good, but the fact remains is it’s a big world with items not available to you in your area instantly available thanks to amazons model. 

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

X2 . Ain't gonna sit here say that I've never taken advantage of a smoking deal online because I have and do but I've also been known to drive an hour to Hillsboro to buy a set of hyfax or whatever to support the people who take care of me too.   :bc:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...I used to buy groceries at Meijer which is 20 miles away in Petoskey but the last few years I've been going to the local Family Fare which is overpriced and understaffed. Other than that we have an Ace Hardware which is great and a shitty KMart. Downtown is full of touristy expensive gift shops and not much else...in 1975 when we moved here downtown had  two barbershops, two hardware stores, a shoe store, sporting goods store, clothing stores, two drug stores.....there is one drugstore left.

It must be cool seeing a place grow over all those years.  I've never lived anywhere long enough to see that.  When I used to visit Duluth on the way to the North Shore as a kid with my parents, this place was a bit of a mess.  Now, they've turned it into a tourist mecca.  I like talking to folks that lived here during the transformation and listen to their varying views of how it went down and what they think about it now.  

My home town outside of Minneapolis is hardly even recognizable to me.  It was almost just a little fishing town on the west end of the lake with one stop light and a Hardee's for fast food.  Now...the little house on the lake I grew up in is worth $$$$$ and they have all kinds of retaurants and shopping.  God...hard to believe.  

19 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

X2 . Ain't gonna sit here say that I've never taken advantage of a smoking deal online because I have and do but I've also been known to drive an hour to Hillsboro to buy a set of hyfax or whatever to support the people who take care of me too.   :bc:

livingstons ?

20 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Yeah... All well and good, but the fact remains is it’s a big world with items not available to you in your area instantly available thanks to amazons model. 

I live in the middle of somewhere. Looking out from my deck one would think you were in a very rural area but anything I need is within 10-15 minutes. 

19 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

It must be cool seeing a place grow over all those years.  I've never lived anywhere long enough to see that.  When I used to visit Duluth on the way to the North Shore as a kid with my parents, this place was a bit of a mess.  Now, they've turned it into a tourist mecca.  I like talking to folks that lived here during the transformation and listen to their varying views of how it went down and what they think about it now.  

My home town outside of Minneapolis is hardly even recognizable to me.  It was almost just a little fishing town on the west end of the lake with one stop light and a Hardee's for fast food.  Now...the little house on the lake I grew up in is worth $$$$$ and they have all kinds of retaurants and shopping.  God...hard to believe.  

so you from mound? 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

with the Hardees in small western lake town it had to be mound . that Hardees is now a dentist office . 

how old were you when you got out

lol.  Yeah, I suppose.  Right across from the old Tonka factory.  Used to bail down that hill accross the road with the RR tracks on it at top speed.  With BMX'ers then cars and sleds!  :lol: Good fucking times.  God....I just shake my head.  Forst job was at the Minnetonka Mist.  I was 18 when I left.  Or close to it anyway....a world ago.

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

my bud just built a house at the bottem of that hill on the,lake .

we prob know a good size,hand full of the same guys . most never leave the arm pit of lk minnetonka 

Fuck.  It's a great area.  Lord Fletchers and Big Island for the fucking win.  I loved how you could get anywhere on that lake on those highways.  Summer or winter.  I've got more time on that lake than I can even begin to remember.  

Bold: I bet we do too.  Next time I head down, I'll PM ya!   :bc:

4 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Shit...muth fuckin' EZ got me sittin' back and reminiscing.  :lol: Some good fucking times.

here is your hill for a bit of memory lane . I just went a block off my rout for this pic for you lol 

20180717_184042.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Ez ryder said:

here is your hill for a bit of memory lane . I just went a block off my rout for this pic for you lol 

20180717_184042.jpg

LOL!  Old Tonka factory on the left!  Gotta admit though....that looks little like it did.  That was all woods on the right. and what a nice pave job!  You could rattle your teeth lose on that fucker back in my day.  Made it more fun. I had buddies on that street at the bottom if you follow it and go around to the right.

....a million years ago.