Check your account email address ×

Zombie Theories....

• Platinum Contributing Member

There are very few topics that illustrate the absolute ignorance on this forum like climate change.  Many on here simply refuse to believe the facts or are simply too stupid to understand them.  The definition of 'zombie theories' is a great explanation of the myths many of you believe in. :snack:

Satellite-derived temperature readings ruled out the heat-island effect.

Even "The Pause" (the so-called period post-1998 that showed very little warming of the planet for about 15 years) had been shattered. 
They are all now called "zombie theories," long since debunked myths about climate change that skeptics will continually bring up to counter the facts of man-made climate change. 
was no longer a skeptic. Humans were polluting the atmosphere to a point of no return. I had finally excluded all other possibilities. Had I flip-flopped? Well, that is what it would be called in politics. But in science, it is just an evolution of understanding. I concluded that my original theory of "it could be something else" wasn't likely the case.
Join the conversation

Track the latest weather story and share your comments with CNN Weather on Facebookand Twitter.

As I tell my 11-year-old, "It's OK to be wrong as long as you learn from your mistakes."
The records continue to be shattered every year. The 15 hottest years on record have been since 2001 except for 1998. 2016 will likely be the hottest year on record, breaking the old record set in 2015, and the beat goes on. With each year, with each major disaster, it becomes harder to be a skeptic of man-made climate change -- and that is why I am not one.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have always maintained that we have a "pollution" problem. Whether or not you subscribe to man made climate change or not, we should not continue to pollute the fuck out of the planet. Every human walking the earth has toxins in their bodies from the polluted air, water and soil. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I don't know of many people who dispute climate change, it's the man made part that many people have questions about.

Yeah and the OP is about human induced climate change.  

• Gold Member

This minor climate change warm up is a just a precursor to yellowstone blowing up.  CO2 concentrations are at record levels there and rivers boiling where they havent before.  Earthquakes galore going on now.

15 hours ago, SnowRider said:

There are very few topics that illustrate the absolute ignorance on this forum like climate change.  Many on here simply refuse to believe the facts or are simply too stupid to understand them.  The definition of 'zombie theories' is a great explanation of the myths many of you believe in. :snack:

Satellite-derived temperature readings ruled out the heat-island effect.

Even "The Pause" (the so-called period post-1998 that showed very little warming of the planet for about 15 years) had been shattered. 
They are all now called "zombie theories," long since debunked myths about climate change that skeptics will continually bring up to counter the facts of man-made climate change. 
was no longer a skeptic. Humans were polluting the atmosphere to a point of no return. I had finally excluded all other possibilities. Had I flip-flopped? Well, that is what it would be called in politics. But in science, it is just an evolution of understanding. I concluded that my original theory of "it could be something else" wasn't likely the case.