Check your account email address ×

Gov. Paul LePage leaves profanity-laced voicemail

ckf

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, He sure did.  In fact, he apologized for it, he wanted to discuss it with other lawmakers as well.  Did anyone ask that POS reporter anything about it being true?

That's his MO he apologizes .

21 hours ago, Mainecat said:

How Did Mild-Mannered Maine Get America’s Craziest Governor?

From Politico

He is skeptical of wind power—and sabotaged a $120 million offshore wind investment by Norwegian energy giant Statoil last year—perhaps in part because of a declared belief that some turbines “have a little electric motor that turns the blades … so that they can show people wind power works.” A champion of charter schools and voucher initiatives, he has advised students: “If you want a good education, go to private schools. If you can’t afford it, tough luck. You can go to the public school.”
As for President Barack Obama, LePage said on the campaign trail that the president could “ go to hell” and reportedly told supporters at a private fundraiser that Obama “hates white people,” a remark LePage later apologized for, even as—in a feat of gymnastic oratory—he declined to confirm or deny having said it.
In June, LePage denounced a Democratic state senator for always wanting to “give it to the people without Vaseline.” He has likened the Internal Revenue Service to the Gestapo and, when criticized for the remark, claimed the agency’s enforcement of Obamacare would cause a slaughter comparable to the Holocaust. He told schoolchildren that Maine’s newspapers are full of lies and joked about bombing the largest of them, the Portland Press Herald, where I work and have been covering LePage’s antics.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/01/paul-lepage-maine-governor-crazy-101923#ixzz4IpDcr65r

I'm sure when Kennedy opposed the same thing becuase he might tun into one drunk you were backing him up.

LePage Says He Won't Resign, Will Seek 'Spiritual Guidance'

Embattled Maine Gov. Paul LePage asked the people of the state for forgiveness on Tuesday, but said he has no intention of resigning, despite the controversy swirling around some of his recent remarks.

LePage did say that he has apologized for leaving an obscene rant on State Rep. Drew Gattine’s voicemail last week.

“To the Maine people, today, I am asking for forgiveness,” he said in a statement. “Comments I have expressed recently are unacceptable and I apologize sincerely for using such disrespectful language as your Governor. Also, I would like to express an apology to the Gattine family. I understand how hurtful statements affect a family and regret that my words have adversely upset your lives. For this I am sorry.

LePage said he met with Gattine privately on Wednesday morning “in an effort to bring closure for all those involved.” The governor also said he and his family will be seeking “spiritual guidance” as they move forward in finding closure themselves.

Gattine confirmed Wednesday that LePage apologized to him, but said the governor continued repeating the same talking points about drugs and race.

LePage also met with a select group of reporters on Wednesday morning, though necn and several other outlets were not allowed in.

According to necn affiliate WCSH-TV, he said during that session that he is not an alcoholic and does not have drug or mental health problems. He also said that he is not a very good politician, but he will continue to fight for the underdog.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's awesome.  So he apologizes first, then seeks spiritual guidance afterwards? :lol:  Personally, I hold it more against him that he apologized in the first place.  That's weak....almost as weak as leaving some shit like that on a V/M in the first place.  Nobody wants to meet face to face anymore to answer up for their reckless actions......a nation of weak pussies....led by the same in government.

Oh well....I still have box seats for these shows.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

That's awesome.  So he apologizes first, then seeks spiritual guidance afterwards? :lol:  Personally, I hold it more against him that he apologized in the first place.  That's weak....almost as weak as leaving some shit like that on a V/M in the first place.  Nobody wants to meet face to face anymore to answer up for their reckless actions......a nation of weak pussies....led by the same in government.

Oh well....I still have box seats for these shows.  :lmao:

He needs to seek professional help.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

At least I dont have to drink myself to sleep every night.

Neither do I so back to you stomping off like a little bitch and then crawling back.

59 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He needs to seek professional help.

Yeah, I never said he was mentally capable to hold office.  But, as you can agree, that is no longer a requirement.  

BTW, it's refreshing to have a GENUINE liberal back here.  :bc: