Check your account email address ×

BMW to source more US Steel cause of tariffs

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Chinese garbage made by slaves filtered through 100s of port with its country of origin relabeled. Try and follow along you fucking idiot

So how do these tariffs address that issue?  Seems kinda dumb and counterproductive to slap tarriffs on your largest trading partner and purchaser of steel and your largest supplier of aluminum.  Why not just deal with the Chinese?

All this will do is drive up costs for the consumer

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Chinese garbage made by slaves filtered through 100s of port with its country of origin relabeled. Try and follow along you fucking idiot

How much of what is imported even comes from china?  Hello 1920, lets go backwards.

I looked this up before.  The US produces 85% of the steel it consumes.  Of the 15% they import, China was a 2% bit player.  I looked Canada's stats and only 10% of our total steel imports come from China.  ie: a drop in the bucket compared to the US market.  Therefore, there is literally next to nothing for Chinese steel that could possibly be funneled through Canada to the US.  

The US may be getting fucked in some trade practices, but steel is a piss poor example of it.  

8 hours ago, sledderj said:

I looked this up before.  The US produces 85% of the steel it consumes.  Of the 15% they import, China was a 2% bit player.  I looked Canada's stats and only 10% of our total steel imports come from China.  ie: a drop in the bucket compared to the US market.  Therefore, there is literally next to nothing for Chinese steel that could possibly be funneled through Canada to the US.  

The US may be getting fucked in some trade practices, but steel is a piss poor example of it.  

Its relabeled and not counted properly. How many fucking times do we have to go over this. Also Canada is not the focus of the steel tariffs 

15 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

No , try this. IF Canadian steel hits the open market at the same price as American steel there will be no tariff on it. That is what you are missing. You are assuming there will be a tariff even if without one the price is the same. That is incorrect. Either Canadian steel is already cheaper or there isn't going to be a tariff.

This is completely wrong and makes no sense.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

:lol2:

38 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its relabeled and not counted properly. How many fucking times do we have to go over this. Also Canada is not the focus of the steel tariffs 

If Canada is not the focus, then why is there now a 25% tarrif on our steel and a 10% tarrif on our aluminum?

Edited by ICEMAN!

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

If Canada is not the focus, then why is there now a 25% tarrif on our steel and a 10% tarrif on our aluminum?

Why do you care?  Why does Canada?  Troody is "taking the gloves off".  The US will be bowing to your world supremacy soon!!!!!

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why do you care?  Why does Canada?  Troody is "taking the gloves off".  The US will be bowing to your world supremacy soon!!!!!

:lol:

Why do I care that your idiot President is inflicting pointless economic harm on my country?

Really?

:wtf:

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

This is completely wrong and makes no sense.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

:lol2:

No its not. Tarriffs are only placed on steel that is produced and sold cheaper then US made steel. You claim they cost the same. If that was true there would not be a tariff.

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Why do I care that your idiot President is inflicting pointless economic harm on my country?

Really?

Poor lil' fella.  :lmao: I thought Troody was going to "take off the gloves"?

What harm is taking place right now?  FInd better leadership.  The US is no longer the worlds free social amusement park, bank or official sabre-rattler.  You may want to start getting used to it.

9 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Really?

Subsidized Canadian wood.

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No its not. Tarriffs are only placed on steel that is produced and sold cheaper then US made steel. You claim they cost the same. If that was true there would not be a tariff.

Tarrifs are triggered by the product’s country of origin, not its price.

52 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Cuz Truedope would rather trounce around India looking like a fucking moron rather than negotiate a trade deal :flush:

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Show me.

Google

This is basic shit

34 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Cuz Truedope would rather trounce around India looking like a fucking moron rather than negotiate a trade deal :flush:

Yea no.  Nobody believes that, stupid.  Put the blame where it belongs on your hero Dump.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yes it isa basic shit. No tariffs will be placed on countries whos operating and manufacturing costs are the same as ours. Ice obviously lied when he claimed Canadian costs were the same. If they were there would never have been a tariff placed on Canadian steel.

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yes it isa basic shit. No tariffs will be placed on countries whos operating and manufacturing costs are the same as ours. Ice obviously lied when he claimed Canadian costs were the same. If they were there would never have been a tariff placed on Canadian steel.

*facepalm*