Check your account email address ×

europeian cruise

20 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ive filled a siutcase full of old clothes and bought new in the usa ...shits much cheaper then here...specially shoes...and its getting harder and harder finding size 15s here. :lol:

Holy shit. I knew there was a good reason to stop flicking shit your way. :news: 

7 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

The medieval district in Barcelona is worth some time.

:bc:

Not having to pack and unpack constantly is nice.  We almost missed the ship at Naples due to a massive traffic jam on the highway trying to get back

:lol:

you got lucky .fucking Italy recuse service is not even close to acceptable .

we got in to a jamb driving from Rome to the Pompeii. 6 fucking hours . I thought it was odd at first when after a few min every one started pulling out lawn chairs 1 guy plus out his grill truck driver next to me went in to his sleeper cab .took the first cops on screen 3.5 hrs to even show 

fucking shit show then after all that I was like clark Griswold at the gates of Wally world visuvious museum is closed .

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You should see what the wife packs for a weekend to the cottage.:russian_roulette:

lol no shit my wife tool her own wagon today because there was not enough room in my truck .

I am pretty excited pretty sure she is staying up there for at least 2 weeks I am heading home early Tuesday 

15 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Holy shit. I knew there was a good reason to stop flicking shit your way. :news: 

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

He'll step on you and crush you like a bug.

13 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

The medieval district in Barcelona is worth some time.

:bc:

Not having to pack and unpack constantly is nice.  We almost missed the ship at Naples due to a massive traffic jam on the highway trying to get back

Agreed. That church that has taken 100 years to build and the gaudy park and buildings were awesome.

also with the unpacking once and being able to take a knapsack with swimsuits, a credit card and cash instead of lugging suitcases from city to city. 

As far as traffic jams take the trains. Super cheap and usually on time. Besides if you miss the boat in Europe just grab a hotel and take a train to the next stop. 

Small boats sometimes have longer port stays  so while other people are rushing back at 4 you can check out the evening and not get back until close the midnight  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

you got lucky .fucking Italy recuse service is not even close to acceptable .

we got in to a jamb driving from Rome to the Pompeii. 6 fucking hours . I thought it was odd at first when after a few min every one started pulling out lawn chairs 1 guy plus out his grill truck driver next to me went in to his sleeper cab .took the first cops on screen 3.5 hrs to even show 

fucking shit show then after all that I was like clark Griswold at the gates of Wally world visuvious museum is closed .

We had docked at Naples and spent all day wandering the streets of Pompeii.  We then hopped a train to Sorrento and were planning to catch a hydrofoil back to Naples.  Turns out they had cancelled the hydrofoil due to wind and waves and the train we caught there was the last one.  Now we’re in a cab with another couple from the ship and end up in a traffic jam due to an accident in a tunnel and all the weekend beach goers are going home and jamming the highway.  Ugh.  The only reason the ship didn’t leave was because they had a ship arranged tour group stuck in the same traffic jam.  The next day and a half was at sea on the way to Venice.  I thought for sure we were going to have to find our own way there.  We were an hour late getting back to the ship.  

:lmao:

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

We had docked at Naples and spent all day wandering the streets of Pompeii.  We then hopped a train to Sorrento and were planning to catch a hydrofoil back to Naples.  Turns out they had cancelled the hydrofoil due to wind and waves and the train we caught there was the last one.  Now we’re in a cab with another couple from the ship and end up in a traffic jam due to an accident in a tunnel and all the weekend beach goers are going home and jamming the highway.  Ugh.  The only reason the ship didn’t leave was because they had a ship arranged tour group stuck in the same traffic jam.  The next day and a half was at sea on the way to Venice.  I thought for sure we were going to have to find our own way there.  We were an hour late getting back to the ship.  

Our first cruise we were taking the train into the cities and then back. We missed one of the trains leaving Florence and were cutting it really close. It was well over and hour of travel. After we were on the ship, we decided that rather than rush back to the ship if that happened again, we would stay in the city and catch a train to the next city. It would have given us an overnight in Rome or Florence instead of another day on the ship.  

Doesn't work on an island hopping cruise but works for mainland Europe. 

The other thing to remember is that the buses are on the same roads, chances are they are stuck in the same traffic jam. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I couldn't agree more.:bc:

By the time I go on vacation I’m ready to start stringing people up by their ankles and bleeding them out in the bed sheets. The last place I wanna be while in serial killer mode is surrounded by hundreds of people in what amounts to be a giant rat cage. Fuck that. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Best way to assure you never miss the boat :)

when we were in monte carlo she lost her cell phone. when we got back to the dock it was missing. we looked on the bus not there the driver called one of the other drivers to have him look where we got on. nope not there. so we took a taxi. retraced the last half mile no luck. later on her sister also on the same boat got a text. it said i dont speak good english call me. it was the lady that found the phone. so i get one of the crew to talk to her. this guy is from france. this guy when asked to take someones picture he takes 2 of them and 4 of himself. he says the lady dose make sense and hangs up. nice. he calls his pal max. he lives there. he saves the day . he gets her adress and goes up the mountain on his scooter and brings it back. and of course the frechy thinks he is the hero

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The very last place I’d spend my vacation is on a cruise ship. I cringe just thinking about it. 

If you choose the right cruise the ship has no sea days and long port stays. It travels to a different city while you sleep. You get off the boat first thing in the morning without wasting time lugging your luggage or driving all day. 

Our first cruise was a 9 day 5 star cruise that cost 5 or 600 bucks. Pp. you couldn’t get a hotel room for that. We took my daughter and her friend. Great way for them to have some freedom with some safety. 

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Our bucket list is a trip to Greece for a couple months. We have places to stay there and shouldn't be a problem getting around to see the sights. 

Greece is awesome. The people are amazing.  Beach parties are crazy. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The very last place I’d spend my vacation is on a cruise ship. I cringe just thinking about it. 

The actual boats are a blast...lots to do...shows... gambling...you name it....tons of food...as i said its the rushing around off the ship that sucks.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

The actual boats are a blast...lots to do...shows... gambling...you name it....tons of food...as i said its the rushing around off the ship that sucks.

Take a transatlantic cruise or don't get off the ship then if you don't like that :dunno: nobody is making you get off

6 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Greece is awesome. The people are amazing.  Beach parties are crazy. 

I went a few times as a kid cool place . that is where my mom's husband had to meet his family after our government persuaded him to stay in America and design weapons for us instead of Libya