Check your account email address ×

europeian cruise

just got back. started in Rome Italy spent a day there looking around. the next day boarded a wind star boat 440 ft long. they do take very good care of you. for those of you that like to drink they have unlimited drink plans. they steam at nite and are either tied to the dock or on the hook every day. one of the better stops was monte carlo . there were crews setting up crash barriers for the race. one tunnel has a round about in it. narrow streets lots of fast traffic. lots of high end cars. the rools   royce dealer had one painted Harley orange and black. next day was cannes france. the last day of the film fes . it was packed. 100's of cops and military looking things over. never saw any trouble. police cars you do see some most of them use scooters a small honda v twin . full size bike it was bmw in cannes they had a few yamaha .......we flew delta 1  thats the only way to fly. on the way over there we flew bangor to jfk to rome. on the way back it was barcelona  to amsterdam to boston. ....now for the libs  they was several russians heading to boston. that did not concern me. the dozen or more Muslim that delta klm put through there special security. this was at the gate. they pulled everything apart swabbed there shoes . then the guy with his new ji had hat on. didnt seem like the best choice in hats    

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

My wife and I did a cruise for our honeymoon and had the same stops as you plus Venice,  Corfu and Dubrovnik.  It’s a great way to travel.

:bc:

I dont think Id go cruising again unless my wife wanted to...which I cant see happening...

To much rushing around on the boats time....I like doing things when I want to on vacation. Jmo.

1 hour ago, snowstorm said:

just got back. started in Rome Italy spent a day there looking around. the next day boarded a wind star boat 440 ft long. they do take very good care of you. for those of you that like to drink they have unlimited drink plans. they steam at nite and are either tied to the dock or on the hook every day. one of the better stops was monte carlo . there were crews setting up crash barriers for the race. one tunnel has a round about in it. narrow streets lots of fast traffic. lots of high end cars. the rools   royce dealer had one painted Harley orange and black. next day was cannes france. the last day of the film fes . it was packed. 100's of cops and military looking things over. never saw any trouble. police cars you do see some most of them use scooters a small honda v twin . full size bike it was bmw in cannes they had a few yamaha .......we flew delta 1  thats the only way to fly. on the way over there we flew bangor to jfk to rome. on the way back it was barcelona  to amsterdam to boston. ....now for the libs  they was several russians heading to boston. that did not concern me. the dozen or more Muslim that delta klm put through there special security. this was at the gate. they pulled everything apart swabbed there shoes . then the guy with his new ji had hat on. didnt seem like the best choice in hats    

Cool....I to do a European tour some day.  I have been through Denmark, Sweden, Wales, Mexico, Peru, Poland, China, Norway,Athens, Rome, Vienna, Madrid, Calais, Paris, Oxford, Belfast without ever leaving Maine. :lol::bc: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Europe is a very cool place. you should go back again and spend more time inland.

Doing a week in Spain in June. I’ve never been to Europe. :bc: 

44 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I dont think Id go cruising again unless my wife wanted to...which I cant see happening...

To much rushing around on the boats time....I like doing things when I want to on vacation. Jmo.

Same here.

Nice trip snowstorm :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

The medieval district in Barcelona is worth some time.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Not having to pack and unpack constantly is nice.  We almost missed the ship at Naples due to a massive traffic jam on the highway trying to get back

:lol:

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

i didnt care for spain . its ok monte carlo was my fav. after riding around the race course by bus will have to find the race on tv. the yatchs were impressive most were bigger than mine then there were a few boats that you wouldnt take if they were free. 

2 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

My wife and I did a cruise for our honeymoon and had the same stops as you plus Venice,  Corfu and Dubrovnik.  It’s a great way to travel.

2 yrs ago we went the other way started in rome ended in venice

29 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Not having to pack and unpack constantly is nice.  We almost missed the ship at Naples due to a massive traffic jam on the highway trying to get back

:lol:

Yikes!

Dont understand the packing comment....

I go to i resort i unpack....a week or 2 or whatever later i pack....and I can check out the island or whatever on my time.

Dont get me wrong...i usually have a great time wherever i am....just dont wanna have to look at my watch while doing it. :bc:

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

I'm glad the wife does not want to go on a cruise.  We want to see more of Canada/US and the natural beauty, not the man made stuff.

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Yikes!

I go to i resort i unpack....a week or 2 or whatever later i pack....and I can check out the island or whatever on my time.

Dont get me wrong...i usually have a great time wherever i am....just dont wanna have to look at my watch while doing it. :bc:

You should see what the wife packs for a weekend to the cottage.:russian_roulette:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Yikes!

Well if you wanted to see Europe, you wouldn’t book into a resort and stay in one spot for 2 weeks.  That’s what I meant by packing and unpacking.

Resorts are nice too.  Just different.

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm glad the wife does not want to go on a cruise.  We want to see more of Canada/US and the natural beauty, not the man made stuff.

Ive pretty much been everywhere in the usa...it never gets boring...one these days we will make it to Alaska.

14 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Well if you wanted to see Europe, you wouldn’t book into a resort and stay in one spot for 2 weeks.  That’s what I meant by packing and unpacking.

Gotcha. I personally would never book a cruise to see Europe...again to much rushing around...i like to luxuriate. :lol:

:bc::

2 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

1 hour ago, snowstorm said:

i didnt care for spain . its ok monte carlo was my fav. after riding around the race course by bus will have to find the race on tv. the yatchs were impressive most were bigger than mine then there were a few boats that you wouldnt take if they were free. 

Wife is going for work and we’re just tagging along. Just had to get the plane tickets for me and the kids. Both kids had the Spanish class this year where they don’t speak any English in the room at all so they are prepared lol.

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

We've been to Europe several times. Last fall we spent 6 weeks in central europe and Italy. We spent 3 weeks and traveled from Budapest Hungary to Amsterdam. 14 days with Viking on their Grand European Cruise. It was truely incredible. To travel europe during their fall colors is awesome. Viking did a fantastic job. Much better than I had expected. 

I like to unpack too. Thats one of the things that made the Viking cruise so nice. The ship was brand new too so that was cool. It had only been in service for about 6 months. 

• Like 1

we went to Alaska last spring on holland  america. there boat is to big. more like a floating city. i would not go with them again. wind star is smaller. it feels more like a boat. while under way you can go in the wheel house talk to the crew on watch. you have the same waiter each am and pm . with in a day or 2 he or she knows your name and what you want

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, DAVE said:

Yikes!

Wanna make traveling even better? Throw ya shit in a box and UPS it to the resort. Prolly cost the same as baggae fee,s and your not lumping shit around the airport.

42 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Wanna make traveling even better? Throw ya shit in a box and UPS it to the resort. Prolly cost the same as baggae fee,s and your not lumping shit around the airport.

You know thats not a bad idea. :lol:

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Ive also taken motorcycle trips where I just bought new clothes along the way, Shoved the worn shit in a bulk rate box at the po and mailed em home.

Ive filled a siutcase full of old clothes and bought new in the usa ...shits much cheaper then here...specially shoes...and its getting harder and harder finding size 15s here. :lol: