Check your account email address ×

Here's How America's Biggest Companies Are Spending Their Trump Tax Cuts (It's Not on New Jobs)

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Jesus you're an idiot.   As business rapidly picked up after the election we covered it mostly with OT.   After the tax cuts I became more confident that the increases would continue and be more likely to last.   At that point we started adding workforce.   In a very tight labor market its easy to add 20% when you offer a more than competitive compensation package. 

“Rapidly picked up after the election”

:lol:

no more needs to be said. The tax cuts aren’t doing shit for wages or demand. All it is doing is making the previously profitable businesses more money. Remember, the ones you cried about making too much money under obama?

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

“Rapidly picked up after the election”

no more needs to be said. The tax cuts aren’t doing shit for wages or demand. All it is doing is making the previously profitable businesses more money. Remember, the ones you cried about making too much money under obama?

SMH i don't like the man but to say that there no more demand or wage pressure in his economy is disingenuous and not supported by any statistics.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH i don't like the man but to say that there no more demand or wage pressure in his economy is disingenuous and not supported by any statistics.  

Show me some out of he ordinary wage or demand increases. Not bonuses, or raises  that were going to happen anyway.

The economy was, and is, on a trend. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened in wages or demand. What makes this even more comical is that prior to trump, the economy wasn’t real, and the stock market only benefited the wealthy. Now it’s the ultimate. Spare me your bullshit

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, Snoslinger said:

The economy was, and is, on a trend. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened in wages or demand. What makes this even more comical is that prior to trump, the economy wasn’t real, and the stock market only benefited the wealthy. Now it’s at the ultimate. Spare me your bullshit

:Lol:  

13 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

The economy was, and is, on a trend. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened in wages or demand. What makes this even more comical is that prior to trump, the economy wasn’t real, and the stock market only benefited the wealthy. Now it’s the ultimate. Spare me your bullshit

Whew.  

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

So when 401k's go up that's a bad thing?

by reducing the number of shares outstanding, which artificially increases a company’s earning per share. But they do little to improve the economy. 

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

Well if he’s hiring for the fun of it, or missed out on business oppprtunities because he didn’t invest in things when he could afford it, that doesn’t seem very smart to me. 

Odd I don’t know one person who had any kind of increase from work, bonuses or pay, with the tax breaks. Everything is the same as it was pre trump.

Wifey got her bonus bumped up 5%. Oddly enough it was announced right after the tax cuts were put in place. What a coincidence! 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

So baller ben, how was your man Bernie gonna pay for all the freebies you were advocating? Were tax cuts to the wealthy part of his plan? You’re a fucking sell out dude, bought and paid for. 

I advocated for Bernies position on military use and the 4th amendment. The rest I was indifferent to. Now go fuck yourself you low rent retarded faggot ass mouth breathing fucking idiot

The economy exploded after Obama and Hillary were banished. Nothing that is happening now would have happened under Obama and certainly not under Hillary

3% real growth without stimulus and 0% rates was an absolute pipe dream under Obama 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Still all built on massive debt.

Don't kid yourselves, this is just as much a house of cards as its always been.

there is real demand occurring right now.....rates rising etc etc. Its a far cry from healthy because of idiotic government spending but its 11000x better than what Obama was trying to build

Just now, f7ben said:

there is real demand occurring right now.....rates rising etc etc. Its a far cry from healthy because of idiotic government spending but its 11000x better than what Obama was trying to build

A lot of that demand is not wage based. It's credit.

Another reminder:

As long as the government is in debt, a tax cut isn't really a tax cut, it's a theft from your future and your children's future.

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Highmark said:

In all seriousness.   33% went for increased bonus' at xmas (even though the tax cut won't go into effect yhet)   33% went to keeping employee's HI cost the same.   I've also expanded workforce by 20% since January.   Got anything else smart to question me on or you want me to continue making you look like a jackass?

I would like you to continue making him look like a jackass. Please and thank you.  :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

A lot of that demand is not wage based. It's credit.

Another reminder:

As long as the government is in debt, a tax cut isn't really a tax cut, it's a theft from your future and your children's future.

all very true......but at least the printing presses have been shut off and the artificial interest rate manipulation is being tempered 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

all very true......but at least the printing presses have been shut off and the artificial interest rate manipulation is being tempered 

But really, what's the difference between printing a bunch of money or borrowing it? It's still fake demand. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

But really, what's the difference between printing a bunch of money or borrowing it? It's still fake demand. 

We could balance the budget tomorrow without much impact on the GDP we are enjoying currently 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We could balance the budget tomorrow without much impact on the GDP we are enjoying currently 

What happened to Rand Paul’s plan to balance the budget? Seemed like a good start. Probably got buried somewhere...